Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1521 results found

1. Your new interface update is horrible. I understand the need for simplification the attempt to make things easier for the end user, but not every one has the same needs. I don't NEED a tool bar that I can't get rid of or at least customize for my needs. I need a program that will give me the option to select and de-select the functions I use on a daily basis. I don't care about e-sign, but I would like to have an icon to organize pages with out having to go through two or three menus.

Yes you made…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I rarely comment on product updates because my life is crazy busy and I don't want to waste my time. In fact, I've only ever opined on such matters maybe three times in my life, and I'm middle aged. Hopefully, that clarifies how strongly I feel about this.
    I absolutely HATE that I cannot personalize my toolbar. I hate not being able to dock it. I have forms that I use in my job, and I loved have immediate access to "Save As" so as to leave my original intact and not oversave it by accident. Yes, I realize I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I lost 3 days of work because the UI changed and I was trying to find everything and reset things that could not be reset! SHAME ON YOU ACROBAT!!!

I have to work thru the weekend on my own Nickle while I PAY U!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I lost 2 days thinking I could put things back - 2 DAYS of WORK!!!!!!
    Adobe didn't even tell me they changed my program, the way it looked, operated etc! It took me an hour to find the phone number. Then to have me tell them RESET (which I don't remember where it was) was going to take me back to my app from before the update. SHAME ON ADOBE!!!! We have to get our work done over the weekend now. I want a REFUND and Acrobat should have had more insight on this before rolling the update out to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please bring back the open pdf's in new windows option. I use Alt-Tab to switch between documents. For some reason the development team didn't think that was important anymore and excluded this option in the new interface. Bring it back! stop taking away features.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please stop updating the program in such a difficult way that is almost impossible to determine were the functions are. Additionally this updates take A LOT of the screen view of the document when searching for tools. I have to use this every single day for work and constant document stamping and certifications. I do not have time to sit down and learn the entire layout of the program every time one of your developers feels like "impressing" his/her superior. STOP! We are paying for this! Might as well start printing documents and work on them manually. What a shame!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Whose good idea is it to move the bookmarks to the right side panel with no options to move it to the left? SUCKS Whose good idea is it to set it up so that I can't have both the comments bar and bookmarks displayed at the same time SUCKS I can't even tell what page, e.g., 5/124 I am on so that I can navigate easily or set footers to specific pages SUCKS And this is just in the first 5 minutes of my day

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please stop changing the Acrobat interface every year. It is very frustrating and time wasting to find the basic tools that I use to navigate documents. A basic thing like Marquee Zoom and other basic tools should be obvious and accessible, not buried in menus. I've wasted an hour this morning and whilst I can find the tool now, no idea how to add to standard tool bar. Stop doing this!!!!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Now the new update makes Reader compact and the UI looks cool. But I feel bookmarking tabs could have been placed on the left side of the screen as it makes access to it much easier. The full-screen mode has also become better.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. the new version of Adobe Acrobat Pro is horrible. The layout is totally counter productive. buttons and toolbars have been moved to places they should not be. this new design is more than a few steps backwards. it is a lot harder to use than before. really really bad redesign

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This new floating, unhideable toolbar needs to go! Give me the old tools interface back. It is unfathomable to me that Adobe is just going to push out this interface with no choice for the customer. It might seem like a small change, but this appears to have been done with very little thought for the user.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The new-look UI for Adobe Reader has a new, revamped "pages" panel on the right side. This is where page thumbnails are shown. The problem is that the whole panel element is way too wide. It takes up way too much screen space. Even when you reduce the size of the thumbnails to the smallest view setting, there is still too much white space on either side of the thumbnails. It IS possible to resize the panel by dragging the panel's border with your mouse, but the problem with this is that Adobe Reader will not remember the resizing of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm not sure who is leading these changes at Adobe but they shouldn't be allowed to have the say anymore. Do you know how much time we have to spend in re-training users when you "re-imagine" the UI? We have so many help tickets trying to assist users with getting back the tools they need to perform their job. How about you leave well enough alone?

I really wish my employer would find a better alternative that isn't going to change the UI every couple years and cause headaches for everyone. Loss time and wages because some genius at Adobe…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New interface is almost unusable. I have to basically edit and save documents multiple times a day. Both of those options are buried and when I used the edit feature I couldn't even figure out how to stop using it. thank goodness you had the option (though it was well hidden) to revert to the original UI. what were you thinking?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Really, change it back to the old version and demote the team that thought this was a good idea.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Really, change it back to the old version and demote the team that thought this was a good idea.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Some keyboard inputs are deleted when searching whilst autoscroll is enabled. Makes searching infuriating.

Enable auto scroll on a document
    Open the search box to search for text in the document
    Start typing in the search box
    As you type you will find some characters are not displayed in the search field

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new "+ Create" button on the right side of the tabs is totally misplaced. It opens a popup that gets in the way when you want to move the window, if you have a lot of tabs open, which I usually do. The more logical place for it would definitely be in the toolbar below. It's just annoying and makes me want to install another reader.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This is a bug report: with the last update when drag a guide this is invisible. You see the guide only when the drag is release, but so is impossible a correct position of the guide

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New Acrobat has at least 5 menu / tool locations that can not be hidden and panels that pop out.

To call this messy, annoying and cluttering is an under statement.

At least the top menu bar has been slimmed down compared to the prior version.

The top window edge has enough space for all items.

The bottom edge status bar can stay.

ALL OTHER BARS SHOULD BE COMPELTELY UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE USER FOR CONTENT AND VISIBILITY - AT THE APPLICATION LEVEL, NOT PER DOCUMENT.

Ideally, for my uses, Acrobat should open one windows PER document (another bug/omission,…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 76 77
  • Don't see your idea?