Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1500 results found

1. There are tools on the floating toolbar that I don't use. Let me get rid of them. While you're at it, let me move tools I've added myself ABOVE the default tools. Why are they locked in place? Come on.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Finally open tabs in Acrobat can be saved for next launch. But there is one little annoying thing when Acrobat is closed and you open a pdf by double-clicking on it from Explorer/Finder... The file opens (you start reading it) and after with a small delay the previously saved tabs open and GET FOCUS. So can this behaviour be optimised that the FOCUS stays on the most recently opened document?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Added to the many annoying notifications/ tips / contextual pop-ups/ advertising messages that Adobe has recently built in to Acrobat are notifications about "New Tools", whether in the quick access tool panel, on the application home page, or when viewing my online account/ profile at acrobat.adobe.com.

It appears to be some kind of "tour" of new features that is commonly used in other products, but (1) most of the places this notification appears will NOT trigger a tour when you click on it (it just opens the 'All Tools' menu), and (2) there is NO way to opt-out of it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. While going through the process of requesting a digital signature through Acrobat, it would be VERY HELPFUL to have a "back" button to move backward through the 3-step process in order to make edits/corrections (particularly to the copy in the email). There have been numerous times that I have composed the email (in the Request Signature process in Acrobat) and wanted to go back and change something. It could be editing the copy in the email (subject or body) or adding/deleting recipients. Currently, there is no way to do that without canceling the process and starting all over.

Then, you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am amazed at how hard it is to flatten a document when you’re trying to accomplish something so simple. It is amazing and impressive that Adobe has made it so complex, confusing, and impossible to use. It is so bad that when I call Adobe for help, the tech support just advises me to open up the document in Google Chrome and save it as a PDF. For such an expensive product, that is ridiculous!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. wouldn't it make more sense to see the REAL page size in the left bottom corner (or when you hit command-D)?
    When I check my PDF, I want to see - in a quick way - if I got the page size right. Rather then if I got the bleed and slug right... Now I have to go to Print production, etc. etc. It would be so much easier to see the size (Trimbox size) straight away, because that is what is most important, right?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please restore functionality that existed in Acrobat X:
    1. Drag & Drop files with Legacy Actions and with Acrobat DC actions
    2. Do not displaying each file processed by actions for faster processing
    3. Be able to edit actions created in prior versions of Acrobat
    4. New actions should have an option to prompt user to add more files before running
    Please watch the following video for a complete description and comparison of the functionality to Acrobat X:
    https://youtu.be/cyNZ8EoDvPg

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability for admins to update pop up messages to help their users i.e. You are not licensed for this product. Please contact your IT Service Desk to request access.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There is a small white box to the bottom right of the cursor when I have the selection tool active and pointing at anything other than text. Please remove this as it serves no purpose and is a distraction.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I use the OneDrive app on macOS to sync files from a Sharepoint library. Most of the files are not actually downloaded yet - when you open them from Finder they download and then open. This applies to opening files from the File>Open dialog box in most applications as well (i.e. Illustrator).

However, Acrobat doesn't do this. If I choose a non-downloaded file it just closes the dialog box and never opens the file. I have to go through Finder and open it there instead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Новата версия, която се самоинсталира, има следните недостатъци:

1. All tools падащото меню винаги се появява отворено и трябва ръчно да бъде затворено, за да освободи заеманото от него пространство.

2. В предишната версия можеше да се настрой всеки документ да се отваря в самостоятелен прозорец (а не като нов Tab) - тази опция просто е премахната

Всичко това е досадно.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hundreds of thousands of businesses use flowcharting software (such as draw.io, Visio, LucidChart, etc.) that allows you to create HORIZONTAL flowcharts, project management swim lanes, and more.

Unfortunately, Acrobat currently only allows VERTICAL "Single Page Continuous" scrolling in the Page Layout options.

For multipage horizontal documents, it's hard to track the right side of the previous page with the left side of the current page.

I'm proposing an additional Page Layout option called "Single Page Continuous Horizontal" (and maybe rename the current option to "Single Page Continuous Vertical) that allows us to scroll HORIZONTALLY through ALL pages in a document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Maybe this is just a problem with my computer running Windows 10, but, for some unknown reason, the active Adobe Acrobat window border changes to Windows 7 style on occasion and is usually followed shortly thereafter by the program crashing. Is anyone else experiencing this peculiar behavior?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am submitting this as a BUG REPORT because vertical mouse scrolling in Acrobat is seriously broken! Even with continuous mouse scroll turned on, you can't even use the mouse wheel to scroll because it's so slow. You have to resort to the year 1997 when you had to click and drag the scroll bar, because it's the only way to scroll through your document at speed. Can you please fix vertical mouse scrolling to match the speed of web browsers and Microsoft Word? Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Other file storage" locations (e.g., SharePoint) in Acrobat are listed in the order they were added (oldest first). Please add the ability to order them, by name, by date added, and manual/custom order.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The option to download a PDF to my desktop is buried and frustrating to find.
    When logged online in to my account and looking at my documents tab, each file has three little dots to the far right. These dots have many of the document options I would expect, except there is download feature. To access this feature, I need to open the document and then select the three little dots located near the top of the screen to the right.

I could not find this and had to look online using your help feature. I found others having the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add to the preferences an option to turn off all tool-tips and tricks pop-pops. it's gotten so bad that I've canceled my personal subscription to adobe but still have to suffer through it for work. Also, fire your marketing team for ever coming up with this stupid idea.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ganapathy Industries is the top electric platform in India that delivers worldwide electronic products in order to meet every industrial and household aim. We are India's leading electrical product suppliers, wholesalers, and distributors to both B2B and B2C consumers. By supplying you with the highest quality and guaranteed items, our e-commerce service attempts to bridge the gap between buyers and salespeople. Every buyer or customer can easily place an order 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and gain full access to the product as soon as feasible. Furthermore, Ganapathy provides a complete pricing list and catalogue for each…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have a 29 k PDF file that has overprinting objects. With my preferences set:
    Page Display > Use Overprint Preview: Always
    the file opens not showing the overprint, and 7 seconds later, the overprint renders correctly. It seems that this render should be a highest priority, rather than opening with one view, then changing, it should wait until the render is complete before showing me a false view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?