Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1499 results found

1. Stop frustrating customers by worsening your products. There are thousands of recommendations but not a lot of responses.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Put it back the way it was. Changing the way it looks does not help and makes it harder to use. I am wasting my time looking for stuff. This new interface sucks.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. the new version of Adobe Acrobat Pro is horrible. The layout is totally counter productive. buttons and toolbars have been moved to places they should not be. this new design is more than a few steps backwards. it is a lot harder to use than before. really really bad redesign

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please keep the classic look of Adobe Acrobat Pro. The new, bare bones look is very unattractive and not user friendly at all.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to retain the ability to disable tabs, so that each file opens in a new window.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please allow docking the toolbar. Also, I'm having a lot of trouble finding the tools I use the most (zoom/unzoom, fit to width, etc.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new toolbar that hovers on top of the document obscures the reading area on certain devices (like laptops with smaller screens and netbooks) especially when the comments pane is open. It's bizarre to me that Adobe didn't account for different use cases before implementing something like this. It's like whoever made this change viewed their 4k monitor at 100% without ever zooming in and said, "Yeah, this is good. No reason to view this in any other way."

Possible solutions.

1. Ditch the floating toolbar altogether. It seems pointless to be able to move the toolbar to a different area…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Tool bar limitations are getting ugly. For example, cannot add / edit navigation tools to tool bar anymore. Some of us like to jump to the beginning / end of a document without having to wade through layers of menus. And why are the commonly used tools (page up page down print etc) tucked down in the lower right hand corner instead of on the tool bar near the top of the window like normal folk do?! Speaking of, there is a tool bar there but it is all empty space. What a freaking waste of screen space for no…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How can I stop all the annoying notifications and prompts about Acrobat features?See attached example. They notifications constantly interrupt my work.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I use Acrobat DC. I recently started using the new UI in December 2023. I think it is much worse than the previous UI. Functions that used to be in the top menu bar are now divided into two menu bars on the sides of the screen, while the area where they used to be is just an empty bar, a complete waste of space. This means there is a narrower part of the screen for the document. Maybe this is why they made it so that you can either see comments, or see bookmarks, but not both at the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. While you sit and figure out the stupid, illogical, and absolutely unreliable interface, why don't you allow users to downgrade to a supported version that both works, unlike this version, and is responsive, unlike this version!

Adobe, you have not provided any, let alone good customer service by releasing this POS software. You have unleashed a hellish nightmare on your customers with no way out. You are definitely going to lose customers over this. I am one of them. I have been using Adobe Acrobat Pro since it came out. You just wrecked it. Get it fixed or quit so…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Roll back your update and don't make us use this awful, unintuitive, garbage new user interface. It is horrible, you have done an awful job of soliciting average user feedback.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have been using Acrobat for many years, and have mainly rolled with the punches when it came to updates to the user interface. I am sorry, but with this latest update I can no longer sit idly by and suffer through it. If there is any way you could allow your users to continue using the old user interface, I would be eternally grateful. I am trying to be productive at work, and do not have the time to re-figure out how to do everything on a program I am very adept at using. Thank God I just finished…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As of version (mac) 23.6.20320.0, the vertical scroll bars were removed, as confirmed by your support team.

Why oh why? This breaks workflows. Please add them back, or minimally add a preference to enable them.

(Note that they sometimes appear temporarily, but then disappear.)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I rarely comment on product updates because my life is crazy busy and I don't want to waste my time. In fact, I've only ever opined on such matters maybe three times in my life, and I'm middle aged. Hopefully, that clarifies how strongly I feel about this.
    I absolutely HATE that I cannot personalize my toolbar. I hate not being able to dock it. I have forms that I use in my job, and I loved have immediate access to "Save As" so as to leave my original intact and not oversave it by accident. Yes, I realize I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please stop changing the Acrobat interface every year. It is very frustrating and time wasting to find the basic tools that I use to navigate documents. A basic thing like Marquee Zoom and other basic tools should be obvious and accessible, not buried in menus. I've wasted an hour this morning and whilst I can find the tool now, no idea how to add to standard tool bar. Stop doing this!!!!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. new version is crushing still on itself
    2. unable to run in dark mode - always come back to light
    3. unable to put identity details - always come back with empty fields
    4. in general new Adobe is so ****** ***** - why you have introduced changes where old version was stable and friendly user interface?
    5. unable to disable new version
    6. I hate new version!!!!
    7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The new update seems to be SO SLOW and crashed on me twice.
    I was unable to figure out how to employ the delete-an-item function in "Edit" (by dragging over a section and clicking delete) in the new format and switched back to the previous format to be able to do this. Super annoyed.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I detest this radical change in your user interface for Acrobat. You have destroyed a good product that I use dozens of time a day. There is zero benefit for me from the messed up interface and all manner of difficulty.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This needs to be massively cleaned up. Tools don't work intuitively, workflow is choppy at best. Understand new functionality is being added, but, the smooth fit-for-purpose flow the older versions had where you can get in and out, get your job done is massively broken so badly that we all actively avoid using the tool as much as possible until we have absolutely no choice. It feels like it's trying to become a destination that sinks a massive amount of time. I want my tools to be quick, easy, efficient and get out of them and on with my core…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?