Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

103 results found

1. New update moved the fit page to window button to a hidden drop out floating toolbar. I use this tool and family of tools every time I am in Acrobat I should have the option of making always visible is the top docked quick tools toolbar like it was in the previous versions just the other day.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Viewing the PDF. The new version has managed to remove the two buttons I use the most often from the Menu bar. Would you please put back the Zoom\Fit Width and Zoom\Zoom to Page Level buttons or at least give me to ability to edit the menus and adapt them to my own usage.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You have absolutely no control over the choice of menu design, forced to look at a big blue “share” button, a feedback button and a question mark. When operating in half screen the frequently used menu items I have chosen are hidden, because you think I want to share, learn or send feedback. Give me the ability to remove and take charge of my workspace environment.

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  amukherj responded

With our latest release on 11th Dec. 2018, the issue reported by you has been addressed.
    If your product has not already been updated, to get the latest product update, click on the menu Help —> Check for updates in the product.

You can now customize it by right clicking on the Toolbar and selecting appropriate option.

4. In both Pro DC and Reader, if one is searching for a term, one can't go back to the beginning and search again for that term; one has to search through the document. So if I find the 5th instance at p. 12, even if I go back to the top of the document and even I then click at the top of the document, when I next hit control f, it will search from p. 12. But sometimes I want to find, say, the first instance, or some other. Hitting previous requires me to go through all the previous…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Did you already notice that in Acrobat / Adobe Reader there is now no way to zoom the document, except with a mouse click on the corresponding buttons? Previously, as in Indesign and Photoshop, you could use Space + Alt + Control and Mouse Action to select areas or Zoom by Alt + mouse wheel.
    It would be nice if these possibilities are finally reactivated!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There are many links for references list in science paper, but it is really make me upset to click a link then jump to the end of a paper and then searching in paper where I just have read.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to permanently close the tools pane. 'Remember current state of Tools Pane' option is not available for Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Since the l shortcut "crtl+0" for "show complete page/size" (don't know the correct english wording) doesn't work in Acrobat anymore, please re-implement it so that this shortcut works in AI, ID and PS!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Alt-Tab should switch between EACH PDF, not just the application. (Like other apps such as Word, and many many others. You are just not that important, just another viewer. Adobe is not a main application that people use, just a utility, so make it fast or it will be replaced.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to pop out the PDF to a new window. Plus the ability to select multiple PDFs to compare side-by-side.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Feature to allow the tool bar to be hidden when any document is opened. The extra view space displaying large text is more important than a tool bar that is not used often.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PDFs open with a protected view that requires the user to click on the Enable All Features button. This is not a useful security feature. Clicking on this button does not protect the user since the purpose of opening the document is to read it. This is a constant frustration for users that view hundreds of PDFs per day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How to permanently hide menu bar (File,edit,view,window,help) permanently (presently, when i press F9, it disappear, but when i re-open that document or any other pdf document, again that menu bar (File,edit,view,window,help) appears on screen and i never use it mostly, so can you please help me to hide menu bar (File,edit,view,window,help) permanently ? beacause my monitor screen is shorter and in that foxit pdf reader has best option to customize user interface. but i want to use adobe acrobat dc only so can you please help to give any option selection in adobe acrobat dc pro where i can permenently…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I don't want the forced tools on top, including Home, Tools, Document, and several of the page display icons. I'm a genius and I'll offer a brilliant idea: let users customize their own screen!

When the window isn't maximized, there's insufficient room for all the tools, and the default unwanted ones prevent the ones I need from being displayed! When the + and - zoom icons aren't shown, they're also not even listed behind the 3-bullet icon on the far right! This is obviously a bug. It's further difficult since Acrobat refuses to zoom when using Ctrl-scroll on a "high-precision"…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When you create a form field with Date validation, the default error message in Spanish has a typo. For example, if I set the custom date format to be "dd/mm/yyyy", there is a space missing. See attachment.

Bug: "El formato debe coincidirdd/mm/yyyy"
    What it should read: "El formato debe coincidir dd/mm/yyyy" (notice the space after "coincidir")

This happens on Acrobat for MacOS, only in Spanish.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  amukherj responded

With the release of Acrobat on 2nd Oct, 2018, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product. Click on the menu Help→ Check for updates.

16. When no document is open in Acrobat DC, a recent files list is shown. While the list of files can be disabled, the window itself cannot. As someone who works in Prepress who opens hundreds of PDFs per day, each time I am finished with a file I must also minimise Acrobat DC to return to my working files. As it stands, Acrobat DC is taking up my full screen and providing no useful function, so in my view should include an option to disable this window.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. mouse pointer missing when using external Samsung display.
    cursor shows up on resolution 1920-1080 and 3840-2160.
    on all other resolutions cursor disappears when acrobat is opened.
    works fine on normal mac display.
    it works on all resolutions when we change the system preference in MAC and increase the cursor size.

MAC OS HIGH SIERRA 10.13.4

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Apparently not a new request/idea. But, many of us use the same tools on most of our documents, but whenever we close the window, all the sidebars get closed, and have to be reopened again, often requiring 2 clicks or more to get back to tools we were just using seconds ago. I am specifically needing the page thumbnails to nearly always be open. It does seem as if each document can remember this setting after it has been open, at least for a while, but new docs open with the sidebars closed? I have not found a setting in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In some rare scenario one might want page scrolling to jump to next page like it does by default, but it is an annoyance in the most common context of reading a text document. While there is a way to change this setting, general people cannot be expected to understand that this is done by changing "Page Layout" to "Single Page Continuous" under "Page Display" from "Preferences" under "Edit" menu. Please beef up your UX team!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

You can always set the continous scolling as your default view.
    Here s how you can do this :
    1) Open preferences dialog (Ctrl+K) and go to Page Display tab
    2) under “Default Layout and Zoom” select the Page layout as Single page Continous and saveit

Let me know if this helps ?

Thanks
    Ayush

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)