Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

62 results found

1. When selecting text or illustrations, ACROBAT DC (v 2019.012) does not highlight anymore, instead the selected object is pixelated in seeming random colors. this makes it impossible to recognize selected text (depending on foreground/background contrast).
    particularly an issue when searching PDF and the highlights can not be seen.
    tried re-installing etc. with no success

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A select feature is needed to choose to automatically hide bookmark bar and anything else the user wants to customise

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I specify in the Acrobat DC Preferences a HiDPI definition (163 dpi for a 27" 4K monitor) and when the OSX Mojave is adjusted on a logic definition of 2560x1440 pix, Acrobat mistakes at displaying actual size of PDF: the application displays documents as if the definition was lower. As a consequence the documents on screen appear bigger than they should.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. STOP THE POPUPS!!! I KNOW HOW TO USE ACROBAT AND AM SICK OF ADOBE'S INCESSANT MARKETING WHILE I'M TRYING TO GET WORK DONE!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please stop forcing your obnoxious self-promotional popups in our faces like the "Share files with others." If I want to share files with others I will email the file to them, not use your data mining cloud.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Constantly getting a huge "Send or receive feedback fast" popup near the huge blue Share button... every time I save or edit a PDF. Very very disruptive. Please allow users to disable popups such as this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is dropping Excel formatting (boxes around cells) when converted to PDF document. It also will not allow a PDF document to be changed and resaved as the same file name. You now have to save as a new file name every time, which makes it impossible to work with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add a default option in Preferences that auto detects that a created pdf has attachments and sets the opening property to show attachments...

Same for bookmarks... If the native record has bookmarks for sections, have a property option to auto populate bookmarks in the pdf and set default property to open showing bookmarks

Instead of a default property to either show attachments or bookmarks upon opening, create an option to show both bookmarks and attachments contemporaneous upon opening, if the native document has attachments and bookmarks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I like the quick-access to the Tools in Acrobat, but please allow us to select WHICH 4 tools we see. The defaults are Create PDF, Export PDF, Fill&Sign, and Protect, but in my workflow, I almost never use these tools. I use Edit PDF, Combine Files, Organize Pages, and Prepare Form daily, and would very much like to have these on my front page.
    Also, I have the Mobile app already. How do I get rid of the ad asking me to download it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My computer system is MacOS 10.14.4, Acrobat version is DC (2019.020.20099). After adding fonts to macOS FontBook, the Acrobat DC “save as PDF” interface has been scrambled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us. Can you please provide some more details :

1. What font did you add via macOS font book?
    2. Do you see this scrambled interface only on save dialog? Can you please go to Home / My computer/ Document Cloud/ Add an Account section on the left hand rail and let us know if you observe the same issue on these screens.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

11. I use the Accessibility tools every single day.

However, I have to manually re-add it to the tool panel each time that I log on, unless I just leave the computer on and locked (and IT does not run an auto-patch and restarts my computer without asking).

ter locked.

Is there a way to set it add a tool permanently to the tool panel on a single computer (as with previous versions of Acrobat Pro)?

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If I can't figure out a way to stop getting a massive bookmarks pane EVERY SINGLE TIME I open any file I am going to set my computer on fire.

The Wizard won't do it. Edit > Preferences > Restore last view setting when reopening documents won't do it. I can't mess with the system registry on a work computer so that won't do it. Do not tell me to tick the restore last view setting box.

Look at this bookmarks pane. Look at it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In the new version, give us back the expandable toolbar on the rightside. Should not have to do a tool search for item. (e.g. textbox)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Although no adobe products are set as startup items and the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC general settings have the option to show a start screen as OFF... with each newstart of the computer, the Acrobat Start screen opens.... and every time has to be manually closed.

This is a bug (although probably intended by Adobe) and needs to be fixed to remove this major annoyance.

The effect is that Adobe is trying to be an annoying microsoft application by making its own rules to decide what I want... but in reality is frustrating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello,

If there could be an option to disable this from showing after saving, that would be very nice.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Viewing pdfs from task bar flickering

2. After minimizing the opened pdfs, I try to go to the task bar to view the 4 or more pdfs that I have running. It wont view all of them (flickers the images) so I cant select the one to open up when I hover over the icon in the task bar until after several tries?

3. Windows edition: Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1
      Adobe Acrobat Standard DC Version 2019.010.20091

4. Expected result: Show opened pdfs when hovering over task bar Adobe icon.

5. Observed result: Place pointer over Adobe icon in task bar flickers opened…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A number of people continue to think it's a "bug" rather than a "feature" that the pan tool selects images & text by default in Acrobat DC. And they ought to be right, this is not a desirable feature for a pan tool, vice a select tool. In fact, it's why you have a select tool in the first place: to select images & text.

Pan tools PAN, as allow you to navigate through the document by clicking & dragging. This feature is literally defeated by having it select images and text when you click & drag. As such, it…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I use the navigation pane all the time. How can I set the navigation pane buttons to show by default?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The Zoom Percentage Disappears from the Toolbar when you turn off the option to "Open Documents as new tabs in the same window"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dear Adobe... for over 20 years I have used Adobe products and with one or two tiny exceptions in the early years, and absolutely loved them all. Photoshop, Design, Creative Suite, Premier Pro you name it I've probably bought it and in many cases bought literally dozens of copies for numerous functions and colleagues too many to mention (see my old Adobe account). One of these which I have used almost daily for years was Adobe Acrobat Pro. I still have 11.0.23 running on an old laptop and it runs like a dream. Full of features and stable as mile…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the Issue that you are facing while using Acrobat DC.

Could you please specify what exactly do you feel Buggy with the latest version ?
    Also When do you face crashes/Slowness on using Acrobat.

Would help if you could send me the crash report when Acrobat crashes for you.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

• Don't see your idea?