Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1499 results found

1. This latest update of Adobe Acrobat is horrible. The new layout is disorienting, not at all intuitive and I can't find anything anymore. The tool bars and other side sections now take up so much space that I have no space in which to read. The floating tool thingy on the left side obscures text that I want to see. Who was this designed for and how do I revert back to the previous version of the program?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The new pages organization tool is more difficult and less intuitive, and its “insert page” option in particular is much less useful than it used to be, please fix it.
    The most important problem is with the "insert page" function alone. When you select "file" for "insert page" it no longer lets you add more than one file at once. I frequently use Acrobat to merge several PDFs into one PDF and now I have to add each file one by one, this is incredibly time consuming, tedious, and wholly unnecessary.
    Another problem I have with the new method is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I do not like it, you keep changing things that are not broken!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The feature in Menu -> Preferences -> Documents -> "Remember the current state of Tools Pane" is broken since the last update. Users wanting only the "Adobe Acrobat Reader" functionality simply do not need the "All tools" pane! Closing it repeatedly manually significantly deteriorates our productivity. I am on version 2023.003.20284 64-bit using Windows 10. How come such features were not included in your Regression Testing?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There should be a way to move the tools back to the right, it adds time to my work to keep moving across the screen, why the change? Also what's with the floating tools bar that cannot be hidden or changed? I have no use for it and it's in the way

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There are many reports and votes about customers not liking the new UI - me included. It is a load of rubbish.

Stop copying and pasting your garbage response to everyone and actually take note of what we are all saying.

You are basically telling people to just get used to it. If it is forced on us in future updates then I'm out, I'll be looking for alternative pdf software, and I'd encourage everyone else to do the same..

I encourage all to Report Amits' comments as inappropriate.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello. For the latest version (23.0) of Adobe Acrobat, I found it is not possible to change the distance between the Thumbnail Images. The distance right now is too large, especially when I have more columns (See my screenshot attached). Compared with the earlier versions, this new feature is really not very helpful. It is quite inefficient to overview many pages together. It would be helpful to include an extra conntrol parameter to not only change the sizes of the Thumbnail Images but also their in-between distances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. https://helpx.adobe.com/cz/acrobat/kb/disable-right-hand-pane-in-acrobat-reader.html

i když postupuju přesně podle tohoto návrhu, panel VŠECHNY NÁSTROJE se mi pořád zobrazuje. Je to hrozně otravné

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I "critically" agree with some of the prior assessments I have read in the flow here. I think the comment from the user that "HATE"s the new interface is the best summary of the issue. While I doubt that the change was arbitrary, because companies rarely do things on a whim, I certainly don't agree with pushing a change for everyone. If the menu positioning is something people want flexibility with, then make this a user-controlled setting. Right now, flipping the prior configuration makes little sense, if only because the traditional layout has been the standard for a while and…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If it ain't broke why "fix" it? The latest Adobe Acrobat is horrendous re: changes to the interface and functionality. Basic things like zoom function, where to access tools, or go to the next page have changed - why?! You're making people who have used Acrobat for years CHANGE the way they work, breaking workflow. It's slow to load and do most actions and hard to find things. I HATE it when Adobe moves things around like this. Please stop making arbitrary changes that break workflow for regular users.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I work from home in a rural setting -- I have fast internet but not as fast as in a city.

Acrobat Pro always worked perfectly, fast and efficient. But Acrobat DC keeps stalling out, briefly showing one window layout (all buttons are dead) then flips to different window layout which eventually settles in and works.

This means every time I open a doc or switch between open docs, I have to wait for this stall-window flip-open which adds time and great frustration. Please fix this bug!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have used Acrobat for many, many years and this update to the UI is very frustrating. I don't really know why it is confusing, but it is. I don't see why the Tools needed to be grouped into tiny icons in a constant, annoying side-bar, they were much easier to pick and use (especially for newbies who I may teach to use the software in our office) when they were on their own tab, with the smaller handy icons on the right being useful once you understood each tool. It was what made Acrobat the preferred software against other…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In new version of Acrobat, Shortcut Key Assigned for "Windows" as well as "Protect Using Password" is same i.e. Alt+F followed by W. This makes "Windows" access using keyboard difficult as it always triggers first instance i.e. "Protect Using Password". It will be better of shortcut keys are kept same to make navigation smooth for existing users.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As many people have requested and reported the same problem, I spoke with a higher level support staff person, whom then spoke with the development team, they reported adding Inherit Zoom to the default settings list was not possible, yet already accomplished for Bookmarks as reported in a post for version 20.012.20041.
    The courts require all links and bookmarks to be set to inherit zoom. To set a link, it currently requires FOURTEEN STEPS per link to set it (see attached visual). Briefs will commonly have 100 or more links in them. And links can only be set, once everything…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I use Adobe Pro at work. I comment and mark up blueprints for parts in the automotive industry. The update moving the menu items to a side panel was completely needless, and as you did so you removed features or hid them to where they were effectively removed. I can add text but can I change the font or color? Maybe. Can't find it though. Custom stamps to add? Good luck finding them, and when you do get your clicking finger ready. This thing is awful!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow all users to choose how they use toolbars, so they can set it up to however they work. This means allowing them to turn it on or off. If on, allow users to dock it to whatever part of the screen they want it on, top, bottom, left or right. And finally, allow them to expand the toolbar to be able to read the names OR have just the icons themselves. The new version isn't that bad, the users just need to know where the tools are, so they can use them. So my final suggestion is to have…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The latest update no longer shows both the page label (book page number) and physical page number, only the physical page number. Can you please change this back to the way it was before? I work in book publishing, and now it's difficult to see which page of the book I'm viewing.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I feel like my hands are tied behind my back. I can't navigate the new design of the tool bar down the side. Let me have my tool bar back at the top

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. page navigation need to go back to left panel. Because cannot see both navigation and comment panel at the same time! or allow use to set their prefer panel layout!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hate the new layout and design, everything is now back to front and upside down in terms of trying to find things.

Why could you not keep the same design and just upgrade the features.

As the old saying goes don't fix what is not broken..........

Hate the new design and to say it is meant to be user friendly is a joke.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?