Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1499 results found

1. Users should be able to view layers and comments AT THE SAME TIME. The update has layers, comments and such now only in one pane on the right. Users should be able to move those elements around, for instance, to view layers on the left and comments on the right.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Return back to prev search tools, especially new window with search results listed. And provide user choice tools on the toolbar across top.
    I spend so much more time trying to use newest ver. that I am looking for a better pdf reader solution...you screwed up the most useful tools.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. it would be beneficial for some users, myself included, to be able to change the colour of the document's pages we are reading from the default white to whatever background colour works best for our vision. For example, when I'm working in MS Word, I'll often change the page colour to various shades of blue as it helps me to see / read the test easier. If this feature could be added to this product, that would reduce the strain on my eyes when reading many documents using this software.

Sincerely,

Jim

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Along with others I am horrified at the tragic mess the UX (yes, user experience) has become. The UI design is following the unfortunate trend of "unify everything" into a web/mobile topology that has been infecting applications for a while now.

I had a well-developed workflow in Acrobat Pro, that the new & obnoxious UI design, that you shoved down my CPU's throat, broke. More than that, the usability of the new atrocity is a step back.

A number of problems/defects are exhibited, but the three deal breakers are:
    1- the floating toolbar (it's fine to have it as an…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How to go back to the much, much better original menu system. The new one is like a complete paradigm shift. If that is how it worked, I would have never subscribed since it is unusable. Horrible.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I use dual 32" monitors for CAD. In version 2023-008-20470 this results is 8" of dead space on each side of a 8-1/2" x 11" PDF . While I like the smaller icons of the latest release, it is infuriating that I cannot place the toolbar, navigation pane, and page controls (Pg#, zoom, magnification, etc.) across the top where they would be most efficient to access in my situation. Their fixed positions on the sides of the screen might be acceptable to laptop users, but it is very inefficient on large monitors.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ungroup different PDFs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What was the perceived problem with the old interface? Did any user testing go into the redesign? I feel sorry for the designers and developers who had to implement this overhaul, and I feel disdain for the leadership that must have driven the change. Middle management should push back harder against initiatives like this.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9.  The new layout is so different than the old that it is hampering my productivity. I thought Adobe was supposed to help users, not take away all the features that I need to see immediately when I open a PDF.
     Specifically, I need page numbers and the page up and down arrows front and center. I still don't know how to find those. I need to see at a glance if I have time to read a 5 page or 105 page document.
     Don't hamper users. Make it easy again.
     Allow users -- and tell us how to do this
    14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Snap Assist no longer functions. This Windows 11 feature allows you to size the application into one of six predetermined views by hovering over the Maximize/Minimize icon in the Title Bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I shake my head every time a software company changes its look or its lay-out just for the sake of change. If it's not broke, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

This week has been taxing because a good majority of my work deals with Adobe Pro documents. My muscle memory is completely off because y'all decided to flip the layout to opposite sides of the screen. I have to squint every time I'm looking for the print button. It's just like when Samsung decided to change sides for the volume and power buttons. Why?

Where is my "Save As" icon?!? I shouldn't…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. new layout is garbage. switched everything around for no reason whatsoever. incompetence at best.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In new layout there is no place where I can check the name of opened file. On tabs there is place only for short file names. When file name is longer I have to hover over the tab to see its name in tooltip. There should be possibility to show whole file name in other way.

In old layout whole filename is presented at the title bar.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If you open a PDF which has clickable links to other pages in the document and then click on one of those links before the Free 7-day trial box has appeared in the bottom corner then the app crashes. If you want for the box to appear, or switch back to the old experience then it works fine.

This is on the latest version of both Adobe Acrobat Reader and Windows 11 Enterprise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Acrobat is pushing their users to BlueBeam. the new interface added NO user benefit, but made commonly used features harder to access, and switched toolbar sides for no benefit, and obnoxiously forces the floating toolbar to cover your document while leaving the top bars empty. If Acrobat ever removes the "Disable new Acrobat" I will be switching to BlueBeam.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. You have to ask, Who is in charge?!
    Why does Adobe try their utmost to make their programmes so counter intuitive. Global industry standard since day one has been basic commands in the top LH corner. Not now, this backward programme stuffs them elsewhere, or completely hides/removes them.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Chinese version of the export function has a mapping error in the sub-options. "Export as PDF" corresponds to the sub-option of "Save As Other," while "Save As Other" corresponds to the sub-option of "Export as PDF."

中文版的匯出功能子選項對應錯誤,「匯出成PDF」對應到「儲存為其他」的子選項,「儲存為其他」對應到「匯出成PDF」的子選項。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If the window is mostly off-screen ..
    a) off the lower right corner of the screen: You must grab it by the bar AFTER the (useless, unremovable) CREATE button on a mouse left click.
    b) off the lower left corner of the screen: You must grab it by the bar BEFORE the ? button (more useless, unremovable guff prior to the window controls)

The title bar regions outside of the unused centre can not be used to move the window.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Your new interface update is horrible. I understand the need for simplification the attempt to make things easier for the end user, but not every one has the same needs. I don't NEED a tool bar that I can't get rid of or at least customize for my needs. I need a program that will give me the option to select and de-select the functions I use on a daily basis. I don't care about e-sign, but I would like to have an icon to organize pages with out having to go through two or three menus.

Yes you made…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I rarely comment on product updates because my life is crazy busy and I don't want to waste my time. In fact, I've only ever opined on such matters maybe three times in my life, and I'm middle aged. Hopefully, that clarifies how strongly I feel about this.
    I absolutely HATE that I cannot personalize my toolbar. I hate not being able to dock it. I have forms that I use in my job, and I loved have immediate access to "Save As" so as to leave my original intact and not oversave it by accident. Yes, I realize I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?