Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

32 results found

1. It was very cool in early versions that it was possible to add more toolbars. Its annoying that the space is limited for the extra tools I want to add into the tool bar.
    I would like to ask for adding the ability to add a new-line/toolbar so all the tools I add can be visible without need to expand a menu by clicking on the dots at the right side.

326 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Give us more useful Toolbar with plenty of stuff - must make endless useless clicks to access simple things. Just to Open a page needs 2 clicks! This wastes time. Hover over text that fan open files would help.

This is a terrible product to use - thank goodness for the free stuff Foxit and PDF Creator. Not user friendly and pro-production at all.

257 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The tool sidebar is too close to the scroll bar, and make it difficult to use and select the scroll bar, which is almost always used. Make the position and/or the visibility of the tools sidebar a preference, since this redundant control is available using many other existing ways. This is the must frustrating, duplicative, and unusually located user control I have seen in many years.

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Acrobat Pro used to be seamless, easy to use and efficiently laid out. Now it looks like some child's puzzle game where you have to access numerous screens to accomplish what you used to be able to do from ONE PLACE.
    Maddening, dumb redesign that apparently was done for what? Tablet use? Why ruin something many of us use in professional settings so students and casual users can play around with their school prom flyer on mom's ipad?
    It is ugly and not at all intuitive. Clearly the project team didn't have anyone with institutional knowledge involved.

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Through version 9, the properties bar was dock-able. Since X it is not, but it should be. Properties are always useful, it is annoying to have it floating over the document when I have toolbar space at the top of my screen sitting empty and gray and sad. I get that the properties toolbar is context sensitive so it will grow and shrink, but it was in 9 also. Please make all toolbars dockable!

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons, and the zoom percentage text box disappeared from my toolbar, and I can't get them back. These controls are only accessible through the menus or the undocked floating panel. Re-docking the panel doesn't bring these controls with it. Right-click "Show Select & Zoom Tools" doesn't even list them.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My Acrobat Pro DC opens automatically when I boot my Mac.
    Each time I have to close the annoying start-up screen where the last documents are displayed. I don’t need it! Please provide an option again to disable this feature as it where in past versions of Acrobat. Thank you.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. DC Pro is very flash with some nice fearures. However, It is extremely frsutrating that it is not possible to open more than one tool bar at a time. For example - it is not unusual to want to edit AND comment - as this requires two tool bars for access to the different tools, there is a slow and annoying requirement to close and open tool bars when trying to edit and comment on work . Please consider reviewing. This was so much more efficient in Acrobat 10. thanks

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please create a functionality to save all tabs with one click. Currently we need to go through every tab to save them. And while at it, close all and print all -functions would come handy too.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We have many attachments to each of our PDF files. It would be really great if the attached files could be organized by folder of category and not alphabetically. Please see attachment for an example.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Delete a layer option is missing in a layers pannel. Would be very usefull feature for preparing PDFs for print with correct layer content. Possible workarounds (delete layer content + merge) are too complicated and not safe for prepress.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have 1 icon for bookmarks wether it is created by adding a new bookmark or combining pdf files.
    If you need to add a new bookmark to a file you cannot get it to display the same icon as those created using combine pdf's. Unless they offer different functions there is nothing but confusion caused by having 2 different icons.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please consider returning the menu option's drop down menus to black letters. The current very thin grey font, while fashionable, does look very similar to the well established 'grey = unavailable' menu entries. Especially on LCD laptop screens who's hues & tone are affected by screen tilt. Thank you

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We need to set PDFs to open in the browser, however, sometimes the user needs to edit these (such as using Fill & Sign). In this case, the user clicks Fill & Sign, and they are told to download the file and open it.

It would be far easier if the toolbar that's visible when a user opens a PDF in the browser has a simple button where they could open it in whatever app they had set as the default for PDFs (Acrobat Professional, or Reader). Perhaps a button called "Open in Acrobat"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increasingly throughout the internet there are files available which are not in our own language ☹ I remain baffled why an in-built translator has not been implemented to generate a translated document given the number of countries globally using Adobe today. In simple terms, we have computers to do this for us as I again find myself attempting the labourious task to convert line by line through an online translator. This says a lot for us as a technology society.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The "Find" Pop-up on the right-upper corner obstructs document viewing and it's very annoying. Whenever I need to see what's behind that pop-up, I need to esc to close the pop-up and Cmd+F again to commence with search.

I'm using the Mac OS version of Acrobat DC.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Highlighting is the main reason why I use pdfs. The main method that I use is selecting the text through hold left click and drag followed by right click and highlight. Usually the page is zoomed so that I can read the text. In a two-column journal, it is often the case that I want to highlight text from one column [bottom] to the other [top] but because the page is zoomed in, the page has to autoscroll back to the top - the speed which this happens is very slow.

Solution:
    Please consider enabling selected text [hold left click]…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adobe should allow user to enlarge menu font sizes.

I often want to know what page number I’m working in, but must lean into the screen to visualize the tiny number font listed in the menu bar.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A few days ago Adobe Acrobat updated, and now the File > Save As dialog box comes up blank. Now I am reduced to just saving the file and then saving it to a another file pathname using Windows Explorer. :-(

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Roland,

Thanks for trying out the latest update and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are investigating the issue and will release a fix soon.

Regards,
    Sandeep

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?