Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1525 results found

1. I have been using Acrobat Read (paid) for 1 year.

The application is trashy at its best.

1. Had crashes when exporting from word to pdf. It crashes 3/6 times.

2. Export to pdf from word was changed recently and the user experience was broken. After the export to pdf the user is moved from the existing line to the beggining of the document. If you do this 100 times per day and if you work continously with the export this is not work - the product that designed this is idiot. He should have asked the customers. This new „feature” was…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please provide an easy 1-click way to completely hide all extrenuous panes when opening any document. This means :

• No bookmaarks on the right.
    • No tools on the left.

There are a mess of settings all over the place, and comments on previous related issues to multiple steps to take, but all these seem out of date. This should be a single 1-click check box in the main preferences, completely overriding all other settings.

Even better: Acrobat Reader should learn from the fact that I close these panes every single time I open the app (multiple times per day), and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Whatever changes made up the most recent update has ruined my user experience. Every action I try to take encounters an error message. Please advise how I undo the most recent update to get back to some semblance of a useful tool.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. HATE forced tutoprial in Acrobat Reader
    Login dissappeared!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Request Adobe Acrobat Pro to provide users an option to not display the "+ Create" button/tab. Sometimes we as users just want a new tab to display and open files from our computer and not necessarily create/combine a PDF. I believe the create/combine PDF function is sparingly used and personally think it reduces productivity for users who have to hold the left click to "Open Files".

Please restore to previous interface with + opening list of files or poll users regarding preference.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After the new update took affect, any time I edit and then try to save a PDF, the file name ends up changed to something that's just a bunch of letters and numbers and it tells me that the document can't be saved under that file name. Really? No kidding? Because that's not the file name I was trying to save AT ALL! Why is the update causing this to happen? I mean, besides the fact that all of the functions have been moved and are backwards on the page since the update, this is the most aggravating part of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Not sure whose idea it was to do this, but it is incredibly annoying when you now have to wait for the magnification pop up to disappear to be able to access like 20% of the scroll bar. Just put it somewhere that people don't have to click like all the time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Performance

Please improve performance overall on any platform. Wondershare PDFelement or Readdle PDFexpert are more or less overall much faster and work much more smoothly than your Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.

You have the more feature-rich product, but it is much slower against their tools.

Many thanks in advance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. too many notifications !!!!!!!!!
    price too high

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new UI doesn't show the full file name anywhere without having to hover over the tab even though there seems to be lots of available space.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I miss the benefits of having the dedicated menu bar at the top. This new UI is too compact and it is causing a loss of communication.

1 - It was difficult to find the preferences menu as it is tucked into a small all-in-one menu. The Preferences pane did not allow me to turn on the typical application bar at the top of the page (File, Edit/ ...). I would like to be able to opt into this again. Firefox let's me turn this on.

2 - The file names are constrained to the tabs. Even when a tab…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please allow more customization for: (1) navigation commands in the lower right panel. I would like to add previous and next view (2) positioning of the vertical floating bar (I am right-handed and it is more convenient to have it on the right side, for other it will be more convenient on the left, where it is right now)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I recently noticed that Adobe included a dedicated "Night Mode" on the mobile version of acrobat reader in the latest update. I used it & it's great. To tell the truth, I had to use another third-party pdf reader whenever I needed to read pdf in Dark Mode. That problem is solved a little bit because of the dedicated "Night Mode" on the mobile version. But I still have to face hassle on the pc. I searched on the Internet. It told me to change the color options in the accessibility. It doesn't always help, to be honest. Some pdfs…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With the old user interface for Acrobat, the page indicator in the toolbar used to display the current page label in addition to the current page index. This is useful for documents that have multiple sections each with their own page numbering, e.g. a preface with roman numerals i thru xix before the first page numbered 1. It was also useful to be able to enter a page number and be taken to the page with the corresponding label rather than just to the page at that index.

However, since the launch of the new Acrobat user interface, page…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In Acrobat, my own mouse pointer changes into a standard black acrobat pointer. For what reason? No other application does this.

See pictures. I am left handed an use a left hand mouse pointer. In acrobat it turns to right hand pointer. (see pictures)

Please leave the pointer as it is!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If I have several tabs open in Acrobat, I wish to swap between these tabs by CTRL+PG Up/Down. This is standard behaviour in any internet browser or other apps.
    Please make this possible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. That top bar should be sized similarly to other windows app like file explorer, MS Office, edge, chrome, etc.

The issue seems to be mainly the font size of some items

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adobe designed the mouse cursor function is very crumble some. It's either set to select to edit text and images or pan. These two functions are always in uses. Why they cannot be set active concurrently.

And there is no workaround such inconvenience. How about the ability to customize the middle button to pan (just like AutoDesk).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Updated today, had to contact support, had to revert. The TABS at the top do not indicate which TAB you are currently viewing. The Gradient, if it is there, is far too subtle for either of my monitors to differentiate. Which file am I looking at? I cannot tell ya!!
    EXTREMELY URGENT as a lot of businesses use this to view PO/SO/Invoices that all look the same. So which file did I need to move a page from? Who knows.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When opening an existing .pdf, provide the option to "Always Open In New Window" instead of the existing one. We are filling information into one document, from a SERIES of other documents, and do not want them opening in the same window all the time. Also, it would GREATLY help, if the "All tools" sidebar would remain CLOSED during this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?