Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1500 results found

1. Not only is the website I'm physically on garbage, but whatever minion at Adobe thought that mirroring the interface in Adobe Acrobat was a good idea doesn't have half of their brain in their skull. A new intuitive design? When the majority of people who've been using your product for years now can't do half of the tasks it's taken them to do in a half hour now takes 2 hours and a number of crashes, can't really say this is an improvement. Quick tools? I can't remove the ones that are in the toolbar, and there's room for about…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Since the last update, I can't find the most useful tools because there's no longer a normal, standard "file, edit, ..." menu across the top... and I don't know if it's possible to get it back in a "Classic" form... if so, it shouldn't be hard to realize or see how to do it. You've made this an usable piece of ****. I'm spending more time looking for the tools I've used intuitively before, and getting my temper under control, than doing real work. GIVE ME BACK A STANDARD FORM MENU ON THE TOP, WITHOUT SEARCHING AND HUNTING FOR SUCH…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add to the preferences an option to turn off all tool-tips and tricks pop-pops. it's gotten so bad that I've canceled my personal subscription to adobe but still have to suffer through it for work. Also, fire your marketing team for ever coming up with this stupid idea.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Using Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.657, when I have a PDF file or multiple PDF files open in Reader DC, and when I close the tab of a file and then try to do something with that file in Windows Explorer, such as rename or delete or move or change it any way, I cannot do so because Windows 10 thinks there is still a lock on the file and throws a pop-up dialog that says to "Close the file and try again." The only way I can get the lock released is by closing Reader DC…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing here.

Do you have Windows Explorer Preview turned on in your explorer window ? If yes, can you please try after switching the windows explorer off and see if that works fine ?
    Also Try to close the explorer window and then try and then try to do any operation on that file in a different exporer window
    Let me know further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

5. Adobe Acrobat DC is just an awful counter-productive tool now in Mojave. It crashes hourly (if not more often) just doing normal very simple tasks that I would normally be able to do in previous Mac OS. It doesn't matter if Im just reviewing a pdf made by someone else, creating a PDF from INDD, adding notes to a supplied PDF, etc etc etc ... it just constantly crashes. No warning, no error, just crash... program just quits out. So counter productive now its killing us as a company. PLEASE FIX!!!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. What users need in the new interface...

Fellow users, please add or vote up the features that are most critical for you.
    (Interface-related only, not new features or utilities.)

ONE:
    A totally customizable set of toolbars — left, right, top, and bottom of the application window, and also on a side monitor.

— User determines which toolbars are visible.

— User can dock or float them anywhere, including on a second monitor that's outside the application window.

— User chooses which tools are in each toolbar.

— User chooses whether each tool/utility is represented as an icon only, icon +…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. WTF are you thinking! Who has the idea of "simplifying" someone's interface when it's not asked for. I didn't even get a choice! All of a sudden this morning I find my whole setup was changed. Flip-flopped the side margins! Reset my toolbar. Make me look at a hideous floating toolbar when there is plenty of room to dock it! I don't have time to figure out how to re-learn how to use your program today! I need to get my reports edited and sent out and now I'm stuck trying to find where all my tools went!

And you…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have reverted to the original for now, but if forced to permanently switch to the new look, I will stop paying for it. Not sure how rearranging everything and hiding some tools is supposed to make thing more efficient. I don't think I have ever witnessed such a terrible "update" to any program ever. My idea is to fire whoever's idea it was to do the redesign.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why does anyone at Adobe think it's a good idea to move everything around and make it more difficult to keep workflow going? The new interface is not intuitive and causes me to spend way more time just trying to figure out where the tools went than it actually takes to do whatever I need to do. This is not good. In fact, I'd say I absolutely hate it. From the rest of the comments I see about the same thing, I would say I'm not alone in this!

Why, Adobe? Just why!!!!!!!!!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new look has moved everything around. It is also unintuitive and awkward, making it very difficult to find and use things I need to use frequently. There is also no option to resize panes (which the old interface had), and I can't move toolbars around or otherwise customize it to be closer to what I am familiar with. To use the new look I have to re-learn everything. In the past updates were done to provide improvements without making major changes to layout, why change something that was working well? It's OK to change things bit by bit. Users…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Recent update has been incredibly terrible for user experience, worst design in the last few years, if not of all time, cannot unpin ALL TOOLS bar on the left, which literarily takes half of the screen. worst tab management and design, unreadable titles and cause of misclicks

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ADOBE has SCREWED up their product!!!! It is HORRIBLE!!!! Anything BUT user friendly!!!!! I will be looking for a different option if Adobe does not change it back.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have adobe panes, quick tools, toolbar, etc. customized so that all the tools I use are in easy reach. I do NOT need to waste my time rebuilding my workspace just to make it functional again.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe Pro is for PROFESSIONALS, but the new interface has been designed by some art student with no sense for FUNCTIONALITY. For a desktop/laptop user (most offices): The menus need to be in one/logical place, not distributed in three directions. The buttons need to be larger and legible. The one good new feature is the ability to customize menus. Keep that. Junk everything else and let's go back to getting our work done. We don't need this silliness. As has been said by others, this new interface sucks.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The new version of Acrobat no longer cares about the "Remember current state of the Tools Pane" preference - Acrobat always opens with the "All Tools" shown. I believe I'm in a large pool of the population that will only ever read PDFs, so for all practical purposes, none of the items on the tools will ever be used. Please reinstate this feature.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm not sure who is leading these changes at Adobe but they shouldn't be allowed to have the say anymore. Do you know how much time we have to spend in re-training users when you "re-imagine" the UI? We have so many help tickets trying to assist users with getting back the tools they need to perform their job. How about you leave well enough alone?

I really wish my employer would find a better alternative that isn't going to change the UI every couple years and cause headaches for everyone. Loss time and wages because some genius at Adobe…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Really, change it back to the old version and demote the team that thought this was a good idea.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Revert to Classic Style button. Must have it.
    New interface may work well for touch screens, but is cumbersome to those of us who utilize a mouse. The old drop down menu system was MUCH quicker; especially because I use a large screen and there is a LOT of visual real estate for me to scan as I attempt to initiate actions such as 'combine files' to create a PDF.
    You've made is difficult to utilize your software for its primary purpose.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The new layout is not good for many of my routine tasks and is creating all kinds of trouble for me. I need to be able to hide toolbars in some cases and put toolbars at the top in others. This would allow me to maximize the size of the document on a vertical monitor when needed. Honestly, did you guys get any voice of the customer before making these changes?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?