Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2158 results found

1. The autosave/autorecover feature is malfunctioning. "There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found" is the message I receive after being prompted to recover document after Windows restarted my computer with an Adobe documents open with unsaved changes. This occurs each time since I upgraded to the Pro version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The linux community would really like to have at least the minimal support you used to provide.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This is a bug report. It starts as soon as you enable thumbnails in Acrobat DC (or earlier also). Explorer.exe starts crashing. Screenshot attached. Removing thumbnails fixes the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I first open Adobe Acrobat 2017, the PDF reader closes itself within 15-30 seconds. Sometimes it happens a second time after opening the same file. Usually it will stay open the third time on that document. When I open a separate file, the crashing happens all over again. I checked for updates and the software says it is up-to-date (17.011.30194). It is so frustrating as I am trying to work on various documents and it crashes like this. I expect more. Please resolve this ASAP!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it an option in the preferences to have the home page not appear. I believe it is universally hated by most of your users, including me. It's incredibly frustrating.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I know that this is something that has been suggested many times, but please consider supporting at the very least Linux distros like Ubuntu/Debian and Red hat (maybe a few more of the most used distros).
    I know the general reasoning for not doing so, but most is so dated by now! And I wholly believe that anyone who has tried a major distro within the past couple of years, will agree.

"Linux are mostly used by coders/hackers/servers":
    Everyone who knows how to format a computer, and install Windows, can easily install and use Ubuntu, as a minimum. It's easier…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Whenever Acrobat DC updates -- it resets the tools listing i have customized on the sidebar. I wouldn't mind the addition of new tools to the list -- but stop removing the tools i have added. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PDF thumbnails do not show on windows explorer despite enabling "Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer" and enabling the thumbnail preview on "View" Options in Windows Explorer.

I really need a fix for this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have noticed that there is no way for an admin to reset a users password if the user forgets what he/she set it to. Instead, the user is the only one who can reset their password and sometimes the reset email takes an hour to be delivered. It would be so much easier and more convenient if I were able to reset a users password from my admin account so there is no waiting on receiving an email. I am quite surprised that this is not already a built-in feature just like a lot of other online subscription based…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Could you please turn off the Fill & Sign Pop Up? Why do you hate your customers?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 64 Bit Support for Windows 10 - As a person who works in Marketing - I work with large files (artwork) exported to me by a designer using inDesign and 32 bit doesn't cut it

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adobe DC 20.9.20067 crashes when zooming, using CTRL+Click wheel (on mouse).
    Windows 10 Enterprise machine 10.0.18362 Build 18362

We have:
    - Verified there are no updates (Adobe)
    - Reinstalled the program
    - Ran all existing Manufacturer updates (Lenovo)
    - Ran all available Windows updates
    - Altered NVIDIA (Quadro K4200) settings per article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/scrolling-problem-acrobat-pro-dc/td-p/7700173/page/2?page=1

Nothing has stopped this from happening. Please advise what can be done to correct this issue.

*This is an intermittent issue that cannot be easily reproduced. Sometimes Adobe is the only program opened when a crash occurs

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When we use red aloud mode, the language should be recognized or we should have the choice. Here the pdf is in French and it reads in English. Incomprehensible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like the ability to keyword search all currently open PDFs, regardless of their storage location.

It is frustrating to have a group of documents in various places and have to repeat the same search for each open document. Multiple clicks and lots of frustration. Would be a HUGE timesaver if the search feature would allow me to just select "search all open PDFs".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can Adobe DC put in a presentation module. Whereby I can present documents, zoom in on paragraphs, highlight sentences with a plain black or white background. Remove any tool bars or menus. Allow the user to activate the presentation mode from any document. All user to key in a file name and have it bring up the document in this presentation mode. I am trial presentation consultant and currently have to use third party software that can't handle PDF's the main legal way of storing and producing legal documents. The attached file shows a sample of what is needed. This…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The new updates have been doing only harm to the software. It has become painstakingly slow. I normally have 5-6 (min) PDFs open at all times and search through them for keywords. After the recent update, it has been very slow, sometimes showing results on blank pages, even though there is actual content.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Windows 10 Pro 2004 19041.630
    From Windows Explorer right clicked a pdf that was created from Brother iPrint&Scan. File size was 6.5MB. File menu -> Compress PDF. Save in same folder same name. Compressing worked, new file size 1.6MB. Close Tab/file. Right click in Windows Explorer and open another PDF file which was also created from Brother iPrint&Scan. File size 7.6MB. File menu Compress PDF. Select same folder/name click yes to over right. Error File is already compressed to maximum.... I know that can't be true. Closed Acrobat Pro. Edit/Open file as above. repeat process. Success new file size 1.7MB

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Give us the option to Make the stupid home screen go away when you close a document!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When using measurement tool, the holding the "SHIFT" key to maintain a straight measurement to a parallel feature, shows the dimension in an angled configuration. Cannot find a way to show the measurement label properly. This should be a very basic functionality of the measurement tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. this application has messed up my facebook account and many other items I therefore want to cancel this application

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?