Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2123 results found

1. Since yesterday, January 2, 2020, Acrobat Pro is freezing for a few minutes after closing the last file. It eventually starts working again, but it freezes again after closing another file or set of files.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I NEED YOU TO GET A GRIP THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT TECH SAVY I AM SEMI BUT I AM VERY FRUSTERATED AT THE FACT YOUR APP IS CONTROLLING MY PRINTER! HOW BOUT THAT MY DAD HAS PASSED AND I CANT GET **** DONE NOW I HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE COME OUT AND DELETE YOUR NON SENSE!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since the Acrobat DC auto update last night to 2019.012.20036, my PDFs are not displaying any fonts.
    On closer inspection the fonts have been embedded in the documents as CID identity-h type fonts from OTF originals. I believe this has always been the case.
    Yesterday I could view the files, today all text is replaced with dots. Other people can view the PDFs correctly in Acrobat Reader. I can print on our digital press correctly. I can view the files in a browser correctly. Just cannot view them in Acrobat DC 20036. The fonts are from the Rotis Semi Sans…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In "Organize Page" can you add Insert Multiple blank pages,
    add after page 3,6,9 etc

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. POSSIBLE BUG

This was originally brought to my attention by my print vendor, who asked that I correct the overprint and resubmit the file for offset print. As I preflight all my files, I was caught off guard. But on re-inspection I could see the overprint issue.

During preflight process of the InDesign PDF file, a pattern graphic is highlighted as overprinting when selecting Output Preview: Colour Warning: Show Overprinting.

This graphic appears normal in separation view with Simulate Overprinting turned on – the separations and values appear correct. Output Preview: Object Inspector shows the object is false for any…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On MAC platform, Print to Adobe PDF and Save as Adobe PDF do not work to change filled forms into forms without fill. This option is available on IBM platform. This is a major drawback for me and a huge market of legal professionals---we have to use Adobe PDF fillable forms created by courts--and the forms are locked so we can't sign them or edit them unless we can save them to a nonfillable format. PLEASE FIX THIS FATAL ERROR. Need an option like what is available on IBM platform. My option now is dump the Mac OR move the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be fabulous if one could search for text with highlighting applied in Adobe Standard. We had deposition transcripts in PDF format with highlighted designations (certain lines of text had highlighting applied) and were in need of counting the number of highlighted lines. The only solution was to manually count the lines. Having the ability to search for highlighted text would have been very useful. Thanks for reading. Happy Tuesday.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When viewing the OMG UML Specification pdf, which is 796 pages, if I click Cmdl+F to find some text, after the text is found, scrolling through pages gets very slow.

Indeed, the problem is noticeable even in short Pdf files (18 pages)

The slowness continues even if I disable the "Highlight all matches" option from the search preferences. When I close the Find dialog, scrolling speed is good again.

I am working on a Macbook Pro 13 Inch 2015 model, MacOS Catalina, Acrobat Reader DC 2020.006.20042 version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. you program SUCKS!!!!! Beyond the opposite of intuitive. Only a nut case would use this piece of ****

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When generating a pdf version from word using the "save as adobe pdf",
    it would be useful not just to have the original word document file name
    as default preselected but also to have the storage location of the original word document preselected.
    The file name from the original document is already used, so I'd imagine using the original document location should be easy.
    Currently the default location seems from a document one has previously worked on.
    It would be quite beneficial especially if one is working with several different documents at the same time.

I believe the older version…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I purchased the Adobe PDF Pack and would like to have an add-on feature allowing password protection for docs. Or simply, add it to this product!

Currently it is necessary to buy the Adobe Pro DC to access that ability and that has more features than I need for my small business and thereby too expensive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After creating bookmarks I/ll be happy to see highlighted the word searched by bookmark. For the moment bookmark is giving you a page when the text, but not a single word. If you click double on a word and make a bookmark it is just reverse: click on bookmark and see selected word. Thanks for your concern! Roman

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Crashes frequently, particularly sensitive when more than 7 files open. Frequency of crashing increases to the point where it is unusable.

Need to quickly resolve compatibility issues with Catalina, perhaps error reporting from the software would help.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I try to Combine 2 PDF files a new page comes up called Portfolio & the 2 seperate files on the side. What am I suppose to do with that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Issues combining files together. With Windows 10 when I select multiple pdfs and right-click to select "Combine supported files in Acrobat" and select the files, there are issues merging files together and maintaining the correct characters (+, -, % & =). When I first create the pdf's, all characters show up correctly. I have attached a post from 2017 with exact same issue. Not sure why is shown as declined and there is no solution available? Please help me fix this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Is it possible to let us make folders in the pictime plugin for lightroom

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'm running Acrobat DC as part of Creative Cloud (CC) on several Macs. I use the sync feature to sync Acrobat preferences between all of these computers. I especially rely on the Acrobat preferences being sync'd for things like signatures and custom toolbars arrangement. I recently added two new computers, a MBP and an iMac Pro. When I installed CC and Acrobat DC on the MBP it worked fine. But on the iMac Pro Acrobat preferences sync is broken. The following steps illustrate the problem:

1) Reboot the system to start from a clean state. Make sure no applications or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Every change made with quick tools or tool bar freezes the PDF, takes 10 seconds and then blink screen once before allowing other changes.

For example, If I want to highlight a text. I move over it with my cursor and it shows me the highlighted text. The screen freeze for 10 seconds, blinks and only then will it let me scroll down or choose another option or allow another highlight.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I pay monthly for Adobe Pro DC. I go back and forth with pros and cons of it.

pros

I love adobe for its combining feature, ability to write anywhere on the document. editing, moving items. all sorts of things HOWEVER

Cons
    The BIGGEST problem i want to mention
    Adobe CRASHES and/or FREEZES ALL THE TIMEEE AND IF I DIDN'T SAVE YET I LOSE EVERYTHING
    This problem is driving me crazyyyyy

-Inability to continue onto a new page
    -unless i just cant figure this out (you cant add shapes or lines etc. from adobe directly)
    -there aren't a ton of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Get Rid of the File Browser which takes up entire screen