Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2145 results found

1. OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Running fresh install of desktop Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I frequently have multiple large (100+ page) documents open while working with other applications (Office suite, browser). When I navigate to a pdf I need to reference the document has gone blank even though pages are still there. Sometimes, an error message reads "There was a problem reading this document (109)." sometimes the error message says there is insufficient memory (my system has 8.0 gigs of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Periodically Acrobat pumps a message stating "Data area passed to a system call is too small." I'm running Acrobat DC, Windows 10, Dell Precision 7520, 16B RAM, 1TBSSD, 256GBSSD, Nvidia GPU, two (2) external monitors. I'm a Senior Interaction Designer at Stryker in Redmond, WA. Not sure what this error means or how to resolve.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello, I've created Indesign interactive PDFs for many years (mainly lecture course material), until Acrobat Pro DC version 2019.010.20098 all went well. After the update to 2019.012.20034 all files (from the last three years) with movies in them crash with the error:
    This PDF cannot be viewed in Acrobat or Reader, and the application will
    now exit
    This is horrible news for our university, can you please help? Obviously we made sure that Flash etc is up to date. Also we tried different security and multemedia legacy options.
    As a "work-around" we are currently re-exporting all Indesign content to fixed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Signed documents from the recent list on the Acrobat Pro, Reader, and Document Cloud for added security in assuring that all traces of any document are COMPLETELY REMOVED....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please make acrobat pro DC available for Chromebook with Chrome OS. Many, many people are moving to this. Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Before finalizing your products, hire a group of people in an assortment of age groups who, while computer literate, have no experience with your program. You will find that your latest version of Adobe Acrobat is almost impenetrable. I mean, it's absolutely terrible.
    Even your "help" function no longer provides help. Seriously, your 2019 edition is the single worst version of Adobe Acrobat I've ever used. And look on the Internet. The complaints are everywhere.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Recently we had a user report that when he tried to open excel file by double clicking, excel 2013 came up blank. After doing some troubleshooting, we found the adobe acrobat 2017 is causing the issue. It may have caused by Adobe PDFMaker com-addin in acrobat 2017. Once adobe acrobat 2017 is uninstalled, the issue went away. I am suspecting the recently windows update on the Microsoft office may have contributed. I have the older version Adobe acrobat DC 2015 did not have this issue. Can someone please look into this issue and release new fix/update to fix this problem?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The attached Output.pdf renders the image differently in AcrobatPro to non-Adobe PDF readers (eg, Safari). There is a faint light grey line, about 13 pixels wide, down the right edge. If you "Browse Internal PDF Structure" you can see the grey pixels as fe rather than ff in the JPEG stream, so it seems as though the PDF JPEG decoder has an off-by-one error.

I've also attached Original.jpg which shows what the image should look like. It doesn't have the grey line, as you can see by loading it into, eg, Photoshop. If you convert it to a PDF using…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I use Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.20040 version to do take-off quantity and when I export to csv file (use right click when you're in measure distance mode). It looks like all the numbers are shown incorrectly. Have anyone known how to fix or had the same problem? Cheers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to set a scale, and do take-offs from blueprints that almost always transmitted as PDFs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Develop a method to announce new updates without first crashing Acrobat. Many other companies have this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The Tool Bar icons appear cartoonish - maybe at least tighten their outlines so they appear crisper!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We use Box Drive and Clio. When I try to save directly to these from Adobe Pro there's no option to sort the folders by Date Modified. I therefore have to scroll through 2k+ folders to get to my recent cases. I find this to be a ridiculous oversight that it isn't an option, when I was able to do it in the free "preview" version of Adobe on my Mac. This needs to be resolved ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The Image pdf get started OCR mode automatically when we pick the Text tool (T) in the Acrobat DC, this OCR should be impact the original scanned pages, sometimes we unable to find out it had OCR when it is in the fit page view, because it is seems like as image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When Saving PDF's from Outlook, system will randomly crash completly, closign down both Explorer.exe and Outlook.

Just clicking the PDF attachment, then clicking, Save As, selecting a windows my documents folder, and save. Suprisingly often it will crash.

System was a recent fresh install of Windows 10
    Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    32GB RAM

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
    Version 2019.010.20069

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.11231.20130, time stamp: 0x5c5187a2
    Faulting module name: PDFShell.dll, version: 19.10.20064.48846, time stamp: 0x5c069227
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00007146
    Faulting process id: 0x4218
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4c255006efdb5
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
    Faulting…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Resizing a window by dragging the lower right corner is very laggy. Often, the mouse pointer is halfway across the width of the window before the window starts to resize. It then jumps repeatedly to catch up with the mouse as you resize the window.

On a late 2016 MacBook Pro, Mojave, 16 GB ram,
    Acrobat DC Pro version 2019.008.20074

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.

I would request you to kindly update to the latest available version of Adobe Acrobat DC using “Check for updates”

Also please send a screen recording video of the issue that you are facing to us at ajain@adobe.com

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

17. https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/publish-share-pdf-portfolios.html

This says it is possible, but there is no option to "Save PDF Portfolio As Web Site"

The "Applies to" indicate this is applicable to 2017 and DC. I'm using DC Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. this is the stupidest idea from the imbecoles at adobe. locking attachmentsd and foircing me to give you my email address and all my contacts email addresses is not WHAT OBNE HAS IN MIUND ONB PRACTICALLITY
    AND TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU IMBECILES, I HGAVE TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT, COME UP WITH A PASSWORD, A BACK UP E,AIL, LOG IN, CET CONFIRMATIOONB, CHECK THE SQUARE WINDOES WHOW MANY AUTOMOBILES ARE THERE AND [PROOF IM NOT A ROBOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The govt is taking advantage of your batch save->other-> reduced file size so they do not need the pro version tool kit for developers. It currently stands at 50. they have teams of people manually processing 15,000 files per month to avoid the cost of the pro version. reducing this to 10-15 would make it economically unfeasible to continue with the sweat shop approach and they would be forced to buy the pro version tool kit and save the tax payers lots of money in the process.

many FAA and DOT departments take advantage of this 50 batch limit to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There is a terrible waste of toolbar real estate to the word "Customize"- I need this space for other uses and cannot do anything

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?