Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2155 results found

1. The program does not let me save changes made to a pdf document after renaming it as a new document. It shows odd characters where I made the changes. I am using a Mac.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Your Website offers no easy way to contact customer support. Then when I found the number with a Google search, it took me 45 minutes and the demand of a supervisor to CANCEL a subscription. THEN even though the charge is pending, there is a 7 to 10 DAY HOLD on MY money. This is VERY unprofessional and NOT a good way to do business. I can assure you that I will never pay for an adobe product again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please fix the setting, or allow us to "turn off" the setting that shows a white border or line around the edge of the PDF when viewed in Acrobat Pro DC. This may have been to help highlight the edge of the page when the page and the background are the same color. However, it's causing major issues for me when I'm trying to proof and review full-page / full-color PDFs for printing. I have attached an image to show the top edge of the page I'm proofing right now, and I can't tell if this is the printer proof…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Worked fine until recently. If I try scanning, exporting or any major action it just closes. No error message. Running Win 10 Pro 1909 and Acrobat Standard 2015.006.30505. Went through all troubleshooting steps still ng.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Acrobat XI version before Acrobat XI Pro 2017 let the user export the current settings to a standard *.aaui file. That way, one could alter between preferences or GO BACK if a change was not working as needed/expected. It also allowed for exchange of settings between users if User B preferred concept used by User A ....

For the life of me I cannot understand why I found this previous request to be 'DECLINED' :

Declined by digvijay singh bisht (Software Engineer, Adobe) responded

Save Quick Tools settings
    There also needs to be a way to save customize Quick…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is a bug report. Typically Enhancing a scan triggers an error message (which is attached). This error message at the very beginning of the enhanced scan. The path shown in the error message does exist. I've reinstalled several times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. there is a security flaw in adobe acrobat Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 19.21.20049.354971
    AGM: 4.30.91
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K: 1.2.2.44610

sometimes, while opening a new PDF, a cache of the previously opened PDF (which is no longer opened) will be displayed for several seconds until the the newly opened PDF is fully loaded

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want to publish a magazine on my website. The page is normal HTML, with a clickable link that opens the PDF. I can prevent the PDF being printed, but I cannot prevent it to be downloaded. Some services, like www.issuu.com, make that possible, publishers can prevent downloading PDF's from that site. What I want is that I can password protect my PDF on my website, so that it can be opened, but not be downloaded or printed. It would be very nice if Acrobat DC makes that possible, then I can use my own website and don't need…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Open compressed (zipped) file in "File Explorer"
    2. Have preview on for "File Explorer"
    3. Select the PDF for preview in File Explorer
    4. Open the PDF
    5. Receive Error message Error Message: "Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created."

Workaround

1. Turn off Preview in File Explorer and Adobe Acrobat opens the PDF without any issue.

2. Task Manager --> End Task Adobe Reader process --> Open PDF

Note: Adobe Reader is not installed

3: Uninstalling Adobe Acrobat (Not really an option, if you want to use Acrobat).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I don't pay for Acrobat so you morons can dump ads for your apps. The more you bloat a paid application, the less we use it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to open PDFs in Organizer MOde by default (or to switch back and forth). Or alternatively the ability to switch to organizer mode for multiple PDFs that are open at the same time. Right now, you would have to click on each PDF individually and then click on Organizer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We need 3D capabilities in PDF form, so we can create brochures, e-books with 3D models that potential clients can observe the products in 3D.
    Having the capability of checking the products in more dimensions would help people acquiring either model is being marketed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since I upgraded acrobat Pro DC to version 19.021.20048, when I opened the software, it always stuck and couldn't be used at all. My computer system is macOS 10.14.6. I have tested two Macs (macOS 10.14.6) that also have this problem. What's the matter, please? Please resolve as soon as possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Serious freeze-on-startup problem with Acrobat Pro DC--it seems to be completely broken. (I've stopped using it and have reassigned Acrobat XI Pro as default pdf application. Though Pro 11 is no longer supported, it's at least functional.)

• App version: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 19.012.20040
    • System: 2016 Macbook Pro, OS 10.14.6; 2.7GHz Intel i7, 16GB RAM.

• First observed on Mac OS 10.13.4 (High Sierra) and corrected by updating to OS 10.13.6.
    • Problem resurfaced with OS 10.14.6 (Mojave).

Note: uninstall-reinstall attempted with no improvement in both old and new operating systems; also tried restarting the computer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Save as Reduced Size PDF no longer works in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Any advice?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Your SAAS model is a crock, but your persistent tracking is worse. It is absolutely offensive that you will charge me again and again while simultaneously disabling the program because I don't want to sign in again and again. I've started looking for your replacement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently the Adobe Acrobat add-on for Microsoft Outlook leverages the "received date" to timestamp the messages. It would be nice to have the option to use the "sent date" of the message instead for the timestamp. There are instances during email migrations where the top level received date header gets updated to the new mail system it got migrated to. When that happens, the received date changes on the message in Outlook. When organizations are providing PDFs for public records requests or legal requests, the queries in the ediscovery tools search by the "Sent" date of the message. Generally with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Anytime I have a document with a higher number of pages open and "output preview" tool open at the same time, all of Acrobat becomes unresponsive and you have the spinning pinwheel. Can the output preview tool be limited to checking on the visible page, so I don't have to wait 30+ seconds between every action for the tool to re-process the whole document?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I installed adobe reader touch in my windows 10 laptop, i am unable to login to my account,there is no option for log in.
    I need to access a PDF (with notes)made in one device that can be continued in another device, for which i need to log in to adobe so that both my devices are connected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It seems the only way to send out a trapped PDF file is to embed traps or to use In-Rip trapping. Adobe obviously has the trapping technology why not let the end user trap filed to their specs. and let them save a PDF file. I send out trapped pdf files all the time that were trapped in Prinergy to printers and publications that require the pdf files be trapped. This isn't an option in the Adobe workflow and I'm not sure why.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?