Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Product admin console.

My idea is about the Adobe Product admin console. It would be great from the admin perspective to monitor product usage. Is this doable?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Flickering pages

When I switch colors in output preview, the screen flickers.
    For example, here at time 1:08-1:20: https://youtu.be/ShbafbUx9FU?t=68
    When output preview is enabled, the screen also blinks when browsing between pages.
    This is a "feature" of Acrobat DC, older versions work correctly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please Release Acrobat Pro 64 Bit for Windows

Virtually every major software product has been available for Windows 64 bit for many years. So, it is insane that Adobe Acrobat only has a 32 bit version for Windows (and a 64 bit version for macOS). Moreover, it is very easy to create a 64 bit version. So, can you please release one in Q2 2019. Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. app freeze when opening document

When ever opening a PDF document the program freezes for multiple seconds which gets frustrating when face pace action is needed

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Acrobat DC Standard hangs while loading license status

When opening any PDF, document loads in DC, then hangs for ~10s while license status is accessed. Once license status appears in lower right corner (e.g. "Your current plan is Acrobat Standard DC, annual"), app becomes responsive again.

New issue, very annoying, please fix.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Preview handler in Windows 10 locks PDF files if active on windows preview pane.

For some reason, we cannot delete PDF files store on a network because the preview handler locks the file. We have to hit the delete key which opens a windows prompt that the file is in use, then unselect the PDF file, and then click in the windows dialog to try again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. lookup function should work with built-in apple dictionary (and not with dictionary.com)

The current look up reference for word definitions is the webpage dictionary.com, which is really inaccurate sometimes. Besides, the whole operation of being directed to a webpage is nonsense, specially on Apple computer and devices, where you have the built in dictionaries, who are the reference source by default in any other app.
    Moreover, dictionary.com only offer definitions for English words, but is useless if the user is reading a text on another language... So, just integrate the lookup function with apple dictionaries (as it already functions on the mobile app for iPad, for instance)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC BUG

There is a bug in this software that does not allow you to save the document. A blank window pops up and nothing shows, i.e. where the file could be saved. Only after several attempts does the "save as" window fully show up. What is the solution for this bug?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Icon and Recent File List

The new white icon is very uncomfortable. I'd prefer the old icon file please. But even more important is the Recently Opened Files list ... now that thumbnails are included, the names of the files are TINY. I need to know how to make those file names larger, as I use this list multiple times daily! Please make the list as it used to be.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I've been using Acrobat for a number of years and I HATE the new revision!

Seems I'm not alone. I guess if Adobe is bent on forcing this down our throats we'll have to look for alternatives.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Annoying sign-in for Adobe ID, request to ignore that permanently

Every time I open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe - annoyingly - wants me to sign in with my Adobe ID. I want to skip this pop-up permanently.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Acrobat DC closing automatically

Acrobat DC began closing automatically, again. This is two weeks after I uninstalled the program and then reinstalled. Whether I open a pdf file from the Explorer window or open Acrobat and then select the file to open, the program closes automatically 10-15 seconds after it opens. After reinstalling the program, the problem continues. I have already tried the suggestions from an earlier post (updating the software from the Help menu, repairing the software from the Help menu and running Acrobat distiller). It does seem to be checking my registration status, but does not remain open long enough for me…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    also, requesting you to try ‘Repair’ once-

Reader or Acrobat, or the resources they rely on, could have been damaged. Repairing the installation is a quick troubleshooting safeguard.

(Reader) Choose Help > Repair Adobe Reader Installation.
    (Acrobat) Choose Help > Repair Acrobat Installation.

13. very much slows down

a have a 5000$ computer, but after last update DC pro very much slows down and when you open it - prepares or converts something! Every docu

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. will not save or save as anything

if I open an existing PDF and make changes it will not save, if I create a new PDF it will not save. I have tried save, and save as neither work. and I need this to work for my job.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need for you to add the ability for me to save to google drive from Adobe

Need for you to add the ability for me to save to google drive from Adobe

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allows searches from the beginning of the document

If I do a control F search for a word, get a hit in the middle of the document, say, but then want to conduct a search from the beginning, there is no way to do that. I can manually move up to the beginning, even click within the document at the beginning, but the next search will still be from where the last hit was. This is true in both pro and reader and is, to my mind, a bug/design flaw. One should be able to search from wherever one wants in a document, not just from where the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug: Save as not working: "The File may be read-only, or another user may have it open.

Unable to "save-as," export, or e-sign a PDF document.

Error message when trying to export as another PDF file type, or as another PDF with normal "save as":

"The File may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder."

I am using Acrobat 9 Pro on a Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. REMOVE window changing position after saving a file

Currently, when you save a PDF the software slightly changes the window position, perhaps because the developers wanted a subtle way of emphasizing the completion of the saving process.

However, this window position changing is VERY MUCH ANNOYING for those users who are working with their screen splitted between two softwares. For instance, using Windows 10, when you put Acrobat to the left (WindowsKey + LeftKey) and another software to the right (WindowsKey + RightKey). Then, if you save your file in Acrobat it changes it's window position, putting the window slightly over the other software and leaving an unused…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix it

Awwww. ///

Come on guys. i have been saving Word files for years as PDFs.

I'm an Adobe ACI in five Adobe products. I know what I'm doing but tonight I'm tryiing to save a Word document as a PDF and now it's saying I have to register the product.... which is on the Cloud? ... and I've already downloaded the latest version. and registered it...

Oh yes, am tryinjg to register.... but no options to do so.... it just basically says.......... well........ you know...... xxxxxxx

What the ... ?

Come ON... I'm getting a bit sick of the lack…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Send & Track Personalized Invitations E-Mail

Allow senders of Send & Track personal invitations to create a closing signature block or a letterhead that includes the senders contact info (such as sender's name, company name, street address, phone and fax numbers, e-mail address, website address) within the e-mail. It's time-consuming to type the same info every time I send the invitations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base