Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2121 results found

1. I can't email a PDF file directly from documents-just started recently. Have always been able to do so.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Amboo Srivastava responded

Please also specify the Acrobat version you are using where this issue is occurring. You will find the version info in Help→About Adobe Acrobat.

2. Please give an option to entirely remove AI assistant. I do not want it, I do not want its features, its extra data use, its distracting button. This should be an opt-in addon , not an imposed feature.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Your update is horrible. I get the wanting to stay new but if you have a competant program why mess with it? I use this in the design field and the only thing the update has done is add time to each task.

I'm about over it. I have been using this program since 2012 and cannot stand the updates to the point That I try to avoid the program. Before the update, you could select the tool, use it and then you would have to click on it again to use it. Now I am constant double clicking /…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello,

We have a PDF file that seems to be ZUGFeRD compliant according to the ZUGFeRD Community verification tool (ZUV - https://www.zugferd-community.net/en/open_community/validation) but when trying to validate this PDF file using the Adobe Acrobat Preflight tool there is an error message that states the XMP data is not valid.
    I am attaching the sample file, a report from the ZUV validator, and a screenshot from the Preflight tool.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. RETURN TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF ACROBAT. YOU HAVE TAKEN EVERY SINGLE THING GOOD ABOUT IT AND MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY. ONCE AGAIN, LEAVE A GOOD THING ALONE! THE NEW VERISON IS NOT QUICKER, NOT EASIER AND CERTAINLY NOT AS USER FRIENDLY. AND, NO IT ISN'T BECAUSE IT'S NEW. THINGS THAT ARE IMPROVED ARE INTUITIVELY EASIER TO WORK IN. THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The new program upgrade of Adobe Acrobat is glitchy and difficult to work with. Request signatures is a nightmare for recipients. Asks people to sign agreement.
    I am requesting them to sign tax returns.

Please bring back the prior version.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi,
    this problem belongs to the prepress category.

Acrobat DC is slow when scrolling through pages with Output Preview turned on.

In addition, the pages flicker, which is very distracting to the eyes. And when you turn on double-page view, this problem is even more noticeable. If you need to check separations, you simply have to use Output Preview.

The pages also flash when switching individual separations.

I don't understand that no one at Adobe has noticed such a bug.

This bug has been in all versions of Acrobat DC on PC and Mac since the early days of DC.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Since the Acrobat DC auto update last night to 2019.012.20036, my PDFs are not displaying any fonts.
    On closer inspection the fonts have been embedded in the documents as CID identity-h type fonts from OTF originals. I believe this has always been the case.
    Yesterday I could view the files, today all text is replaced with dots. Other people can view the PDFs correctly in Acrobat Reader. I can print on our digital press correctly. I can view the files in a browser correctly. Just cannot view them in Acrobat DC 20036. The fonts are from the Rotis Semi Sans…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to add tags to PDF files that are inside of a Windows folder and be able to filter by tags.
    At the moment, the naming convention organises the PDF files in an order that is not beneficial for us.
    Can we add tags to PDF files and filter inside of a Windows folder?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When opening any PDF, document loads in DC, then hangs for ~10s while license status is accessed. Once license status appears in lower right corner (e.g. "Your current plan is Acrobat Standard DC, annual"), app becomes responsive again.

New issue, very annoying, please fix.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For some reason, we cannot delete PDF files store on a network because the preview handler locks the file. We have to hit the delete key which opens a windows prompt that the file is in use, then unselect the PDF file, and then click in the windows dialog to try again.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please make "enable scrolling" an option that can be set in preferences. There seems to be a "single page continuous option, but it does not seem to have any effect.
    It is tiresome to have to set this for every document.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  digvijay singh bisht responded

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you in case we need more information.

Thank you for your patience

13. if I open an existing PDF and make changes it will not save, if I create a new PDF it will not save. I have tried save, and save as neither work. and I need this to work for my job.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    Also are you facing this issue with a particular document or this is a generic issue.

14. Please develop an add-in for the MacOS environment that provides the same functionality as the PDF Maker add-in for MS Outlook in the PC world. I relied on the feature for archiving email communications & attachments while using a PC, but no longer have the capability on a Mac.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please extend the advanced search with formatting options (bold, italic, etc.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When viewing pages, they often flicker, as if they are redrawn infinitely.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add the split option to the "tools to add" when creating a new Action Wizard action.

This would allow for automated actions to be created where split top level bookmarks using bookmark names for file names utilized as part of a action, so it wouldn't be necessary to physically go through the setup process of: Organize Pages/Split/Split by: Top level bookmarks/Output Options/Use bookmark names for file names.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In previous versions of Adobe Acrobat / reader you could use a 3d mouse (3dconnexion) to zoom and navigate a document. This is very helpful on larger drawing type documents where you want to move around and zoom in. I noticed that the 3d mouse does work to scroll up and down a text type document. Are there any plans to integrate zoom and pan features?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Choose View > Zoom > Pan & Zoom, or click the Pan & Zoom tool in the Select and Zoom toolbar.

Do any of the following:
    1.Drag the handles of the box in the Pan & Zoom window to change the document magnification.

2.Drag the center of the box to pan across the area you want to see.

3.Click the navigation buttons to move to a different page.

4.Enter a value in the zoom text box, or click the plus or minus buttons to increase or decrease the magnification by preset levels.

19. Problem: When doing an Advanced Search, in order to find out the page number of any given search result, you must hover the pointer over each individual search hit and wait for a popup of its page number to appear.

Feature request: Show the page numbers on which those hits occur, and preferably in a column to the left of each search hit.

Reason it's needed: This would save a tremendous amount of time for certain labor intensive tasks, for instance, manually indexing a book. To elaborate a bit: When manually indexing a large book (say, 500 pages), you regularly…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi Tim

We have shared your concern with the team and we will look into this.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards
    Vivek

20. Add the ability to enter a fax number in the send and track feature.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?