Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2146 results found

1. When I save a pdf it takes me to the folder where I last saved a pdf instead of the file that I am currently working in. I have lost a lot of files because of this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The autosave/autorecover feature is malfunctioning. "There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found" is the message I receive after being prompted to recover document after Windows restarted my computer with an Adobe documents open with unsaved changes. This occurs each time since I upgraded to the Pro version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I first open Adobe Acrobat 2017, the PDF reader closes itself within 15-30 seconds. Sometimes it happens a second time after opening the same file. Usually it will stay open the third time on that document. When I open a separate file, the crashing happens all over again. I checked for updates and the software says it is up-to-date (17.011.30194). It is so frustrating as I am trying to work on various documents and it crashes like this. I expect more. Please resolve this ASAP!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Whenever Acrobat DC updates -- it resets the tools listing i have customized on the sidebar. I wouldn't mind the addition of new tools to the list -- but stop removing the tools i have added. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When we use red aloud mode, the language should be recognized or we should have the choice. Here the pdf is in French and it reads in English. Incomprehensible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When using measurement tool, the holding the "SHIFT" key to maintain a straight measurement to a parallel feature, shows the dimension in an angled configuration. Cannot find a way to show the measurement label properly. This should be a very basic functionality of the measurement tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This isn't an idea, it is a Bug Report. For many weeks, even months, I have been trying to get a simple time stamp to again print at the bottom center of pages. What I have been getting is hieroglyphics. It used to work fine. I have tried the repair feature or function, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Please provide a fix. I have been having to use PDF Architect to get what I need. ---fjk (... and why won't your website take my valid email address? I will have to use an alternate address and hope it works.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi,

We have 3 newer Microsoft surface Pro Xs which have ARM processors. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has just stopped working suddenly on them. I have spoken with Adobe via the chat and get sent the link to the page which shows the requirements for windows devices to have AMD or Intel processors.

However, as I mentioned, Acrobat Pro DC has worked fine until now for several months. Please can you assist with this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This needs to be fixed. We are wasting a lot of time constantly be required to sign in to our account, often times on a weekly basis.
    We have an annual subscription and this should not be happening.
    Frankly I'm getting **** tired of it.
    FIX THIS!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The scale ratio requires you to input decimals rather than fractions when measuring architectural scales, i.e. 0.125" = 1'-0" for 1/8" = 1'-0". However, after inputting the decimals, Acrobat rounds to the nearest 2 decimal places. So 0.125" becomes 0.13". Doing so makes all measurements off by .005". This is unacceptable in the architectural world. This functionality should NEVER round the decimals, and should house at least 3 decimal places to ensure accuracy.

This occurs on Mac and Windows, in every version of Acrobat and Acrobat Pro currently downloadable. It was tested by my team and internally at Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Comment with jpg sticky note with caption & Auto save without cloud
    First of all I want to thank all of you guys you are doing a great job.

second, I know that we can attach a jpg file ,but you will have to leave the reader and open it and when you send it to others it won't open and I know that we can edit pdf to add images ,but sometimes there is no enough space in the page and its so hard to readjust the pdf so it looks normal again, so if we could to comment…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since acrobat pro dc 20135, and patch 20138, acrobat is not working with BPDX files to update a search index. I call acrobat.exe with a bpdx file passed as an argument, acrobat launches, and then the window appears as it did before attempting to update the index. Then message appears "fatal search engine error (-6) not able to find the file". I just went through an issue - after update 20135, with acrobat not being able to search a PDX file - saying file not found. Update 20138 fixed the issue with acrobat but I suspect the issue still exists…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The issue has been fixed in our latest Acrobat release (version# 21.001.20142). Please update your Acrobat and let us know if you’re still facing this issue.

Thanks
    Adobe Acrobat DC Team

13. Since the 2021 update (21.001.20135), there is an error when using multiple (overlaying) instances of the progress bar with JavaScript. Code that used to work before now generates an error.

The error is:

GeneralError: Operation failed.
    Thermometer.value:1:Console undefined:Exec

To reproduce this, run the following code from the console (JavaScript Debugger):

// Define the progress bar (thermometer) as a variable for easy reference
    var t = app.thermometer;
    // Start a progress bar
    t.begin();
    // Now start another progress bar
    t.begin();
    // Now end the top progress bar
    t.end();
    // Now try to set the incremental value of the progress bar
    t.value
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe Acrobat DC (21.001.20135)

Yesterday 11/2/21, my Adobe Acrobat DC pro stopped searching indexes I have made. I Opened an index file (*.pdx) which I built using Adobe Acrobat DC pro a couple of weeks previous and when you search for a term, no results are found.
    So I re-built the index again (~8 mins duration) and the index was then able to return hits on search terms. It worked throughout the day yesterday with no problems.

This morning, I opened the index again (the one I re-built on 11/2) and again it doesn't find any results on search terms…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello,

My company is in need of a feature that allows the user to control the auto-naming of drag and drop extract pages from Adobe Acrobat.

Currently, when selecting a few pages from an existing PDF, dragging and dropping them into a file folder onto the computer, the file created is automatically named "Untitled Extract Pages."

I have a PDF with 400 pages. I have to extract 2-3 at a time and manually rename them. This wouldn't be an issue if they all needed different names, but I need them to keep the same name as the parent file with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Searching for Words will sometimes end in more than one result on each page of a multi page document.

What i would like to suggest today is having a shortcut for "Find on next Page".

This will be very useful if you have e.g. a stack of independent invoice pages an looking for a specific invoice containing the search pattern. If the search pattern was found multiple times on each page, it's a bit annoying to walk throu each result on a single page while avaiting a next result on another page.

Can be gladly realized using a combination of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide Auto-Cancel at end of year.

Other services allow you to check a box that says; after the year if up, would you like us to auto-renew your subscription? And you can select yes or no.

Please provide this option, I'm forced into remembering to cancel it within a month and risk paying for a product I never use for the whole year because of missing it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In the Adobe SDK Extension to the PDF (ISO32000) standard, Extension Level 3, there are several Array structures that encode a series of control points for Geospatial measurement.

In particular, we are interested in the /GPTS and /LPTS arrays in the Geospatial Measure Dictionary.

Since the elements of these arrays are PDF number objects, we can only expect a limited amount of floating-point precision to be preserved by PDF reader implementations (which typically represent PDF number objects as either 32-bit integers or 32-bit IEEE 754 single-precision floating point). This amount of precision is often insufficient for workflows that involve recovering…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hey there,

Be the first to see what's new in upcoming Acrobat releases. Your feedback will help us make Acrobat even better.
    Please fill out the below form if you are interested in joining the Acrobat pre-release community.

Pre-release Invite request (quoting the full URL as UserVoice doesn't have option to link a URL
    https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=Wht7-jR7h0OUrtLBeN7O4ZLUpB51gn1IrT6FpKlbXnZUQlE3U1RGWlQ2NjRDNU9NMjk3QUZJRVRZMC4u&wdLOR=cEFDA6E87-226E-4DCE-A0AD-55ED267B37E4

Thanks and Regards
    Aj
    Adobe Document Cloud.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This is a bug report. It starts as soon as you enable thumbnails in Acrobat DC (or earlier also). Explorer.exe starts crashing. Screenshot attached. Removing thumbnails fixes the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?