Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

272 results found

1. Recently a new update was done for Adobe Reader editing and annotating a PDF. For a number of reasons this has been made worse in terms of easy of use:
    - Menu has now been put on the side instead of the top - interfering in the text of the PDF
    - This function is used to mark exam scripts sent in by PDF
    - The Check mark function used to work very well - not it does not work on many spots of the script - you now have to make a check mark in the wrong place and…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adobe Acrobat's "Compare Files" tool refuses to compare an Adobe eSign encrypted document to other documents, which means that parties can edit a contract PDF, sign, and share back for signature to other parties, who lack the ability in Adobe Acrobat to easily compare to confirm it was the previously shared and reviewed version of the contract. In Adobe Acrobat, you would have to again review the entirety of the contract closely to find surreptitious changes.

This should be changed to allow for use of the Compare Files tool without having to break the encryption.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Update has a bug - when I rotate the doc & send it for e-sign, it rotates back - therefore I cannot get the signature in the correct spot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We send individual documents to sign in batches of 500 to users. If there were a way that the user could sign once for all and maybe had some sort of QC cover sheet so that they could just check before signing that would be incredibly beneficial not only for us but our users we send to. Right now they have to individually click for each document and we send thousands of documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Similar to the bug labeled 'fill and sign', but I have more details to share:
    1) The old Fill & Sign icon was in a side panel on the right. The Fill & Sign icon could be selected and should the side panel be collapsed, the Fill capability would still work.
    2) Now the ability to collapse the side panel and still use Fill capability is no longer an option. For the current Fill & Sign to work the new side panel must remain open.
    3) For example, I select Fill & Sign under the All Tools tab. The Side…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stella ost to pst recovery full version software is the most powerful software to recover all ost file data using best recovery methods this software is recover all corrupted and unmounted ost mailbox items in to pst file this software is support all version 32bit and 64bit ost file this software is recover all ost file data using some simple steps this software is recover all ost file data like emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes and many other items into pst file. For more info visit this link https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/email-migration/ost-mails-converter-software.php

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. After the recent update to 20269, During Fill & sign, adding text in text box in the Hebrew language. It looks OK and I save the file. After reopening the file the Hebrew text turns into unreadable symbols. Numbers and English text looks Ok.
    Every time other parts of the Hebrew text turns to symbols. tried different fonts. It happens in several other computers too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please fix this irritating bug. Our users need this function.
    With previous versions of Adobe Acrobat this function worked well.
    When first installing Adobe Acrobat it works but after closing and re-opening it ceases to work correctly.
    This BUG applies to the PRO version only, Reader DC work fine.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Something doesn't work with Hebrew encoding in the last week.
    After saving a file filled with fill & sign the Hebrew text disappeared or was encoded in Jibrish signs.
    Furthermore, Hebrew text can't be edited in fill & sing mode once filled while numbers or English text can be edited

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm trying to sign a PDF file using a scanned signature. When I drag it onto the document, I'm getting an error (see the screenshot). When I click ok, the strange popup disappears, along with my signature. The same happens with a drawn signature, as well as with a typed one.

I'm using Acrobat Reader, version up to date as of 22/08/2023, Windows 10. This is a problem specific to one PDF file (presumably).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Certificate sign panel is nowere. Every time I dig internet to find how to do it. Why dont you put it right where someone will look for it? In the Fill and Sign panel? I don't need to write funny fake names instead a signature, neither to send the document. I have a generated pdf from some hospital software and just want to add the certificate signature of the doctor. All I find is how to write his name, draw lines, chekmarks and the certificate, that is loaded from a certificate reader is nowere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When fields are filled in Thai then the file is saved, closed and re-opened, the Thai characters are displayed incorrectly. The fields also seem to be embedded and un-editable. I haven't had this issue until I noticed this a few days ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. fill & sign wont work for me unless language settings are set to use os language, which i feel should be as default

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cannot fill and sign.

The alert keeps on coming saying that, "The operation failed because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unknown error

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why is it not possible to change the font and color?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I try to use the fill & sign in the Address field of my PDF template Acrobat hangs when typing in the number combination 170. If i use any other number combination I dont have the problem. I have attached the template being used if you want to test. Type in 170 in the address field.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I utilize this tool regularly for my clients and every single time it glitches and sometimes I even lose information that I spent an hour typing up and it will not save even if I have previously saved. This is very frustrating and making me consider a new platform!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Templates are missing from the Acrobat desktop app. I have created a template online to request signature on a standard document, shared it with my organization, but there seems to be no way to access this template from the desktop app. Please add templates to the Home screen in Acrobat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The process of making an Adobe e-sign with the most current update (7-5-2023) has become at least twice as long. The new features are amazing, but with an update that includes as many features without customizability and optimization makes these features hinder some users instead of enabling them. My idea is to add shortcuts and hotkeys, with the availability to keymap these features in settings. For example, pressing (ctrl. i) for initial, (ctrl. s) for Signature, or (ctrl. t) for text. These are a few examples that would make this application excel among other products and become infinitely more user-friendly.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am completing a school application form. It requires a signature. When I select/enter a signature it sits behind the white rectangle that is intended as the background for a hand written signature i.e. the signature is completely hidden and the form is unusable without being printed out (I have no printer).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?