Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

357 results found

1. I am a PhD student and have switched to Adobes pdf viewer because I think it is the best one (google and edge do not offer the same accessibility for mark up etc.) The one thing that I love about google and edge is that you can set them to open the previously viewed document. I read a lot of articles and use the tabs as a sort of reading to-do list. But when I close adobe (or my computer restarts) that list disappears, I have to either remember them or go to the recently opened files to open them…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.
    Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

2. I am just updating my resume to be more accessible to vision impaired. I am having trouble with some items running together in read-aloud.

In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

My favoured option would be that we have the option to insert a <pause> object in the reading order.

If this is not possible, can you change Read-Aloud to pause between elements.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

3. We noticed that your PDF viewer doesn't have AccSupp ActualText support. This means that copy-pasting technical text such as shellscripts and programming code, does not work in your PDF viewer and this greatly restrains the use of your whole program.

The replacement text is said to be supported, according to the file "Document management - Portable document format - Part 1: PDF 1.7" both on Table 323, page 559, and on section 14.9.4, page 615. Available here: https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/pdf/PDF32000_2008.pdf.

But according to the tests made using PDFs produced by pdflatex using the package accsupp, the replacement text support seems to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I understand your concern here. I have shared this with the higher management. We currently do not have any plan to implement it but we have kept it in our radar and will pick up in future,

Check the latest features in Acrobat Pro DC by keeping the software on latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

4. Working with tagging of PDF documents for accessibility purposes, with a lot of them being nearly identical to each other or within a document there are repeated patterns, it takes a long time and a tidious task to create tags individually. It would be a very neat if it were possible to Copy/Paste the (selected) tag strutucture within the Tags-panel (excluding any actual content they may contain)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Read out loud to end or read this page only: The ability to start from anywhere (make option available using right+click from selected area of the document). It's maddening to have to listen to the document over and over and over and over and over and over and over... when troubleshooting order errors. TIA

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you and this is a feature request, we have kept it in a radar.

Thanks
    Rachit

6. Read to end of document only reads a single page or sometimes doesn't read at all.

(PS is this the same Rachit who use to work for the Forest Service? If so, I hope you are doing well. I'm still waiting on a TA for a MacBook Pro :-()

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks
    Rachit

7. Auto Generate Cell IDs adds a space to the end of IDs which are not long enough, and appears to be including internal spaces. Since cell IDs cannot contain spaces, those headers are not announced by AT when reading the table. (OS: Windows 10 on desktop PC; Acrobat Pro DC 20.012.20043; latest as of 8/30/2020).

The attached file has two identical tables (Word 365, Saved as PDF) with auto-generated header IDs. With the first, NVDA (v 2019.2) only announces the headers for Vegetable, Potassium, and Brocolli. All other headers have spaces at the end, and the IDs for % DV…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

With the latest release of Acrobat on June 14, 2022, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product.  Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates.

Thanks

Rachit

8. When you have elements with no alt-text you get accessibility errors when running the checker. However, if you right click on the error and choose "fix" and walk through the items and mark them as decorative, instead of actually making them an artifact it simply changes the tag to "Artifact" which is not a valid tag and creates other errors. You then have to go in and properly designate the objects as Artifacts properly for the other errors to go away. VERY Frustrating. Come on Adobe Acrobat!

This is a repeatable condition and needs to be fixed immediately please!

Setting…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us. I have raised the issue with the engineering team. We have kept it our radar and will be fixing it in the near future.

Meanwhile I would suggest you to use Reading Order tool to mark the Figure as Artifact for fixing the issue.

Please update to the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC to experience new features.

Thanks
    Rachit

9. Current Behaviour - If a PDF document has a title present in the “Title” document property then the default initial view of Acrobat Reader and Acrobat PRO is set to "File Name" rather than the "Document Title".

Impact - Acrobat's Accessibility Checks report the "Title" error while the title is already there. This requires the "Initial View" setting to be changed on each PDF manually.

Desired Behaviour - Set the “Initial View” to “Document Title” as default when a PDF is opened on Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat DC Pro.

Why the feature is needed - All organisations want to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Trimakasih

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It's been over ten years since I sold the tech company I owned for 22 years. I've been enjoying retirement...until about a month ago! A friend recruited me to help convert some hard copy documents, produced in the mid-eighties, and make them into accessible PDF files. She knew I had some background in technology and specifically with creating PDFs from paper. The documents were going to be part of a new web site about the history of ADA! Given the nature of the site, the documents needed to be accessible! I downloaded Acrobat Pro DC (and a couple of screen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John,
    Thank you for such a overwhelming feedback. We appreciate your contribution in helping us provide better services to our customers.
    Please check out the latest updates in Acrobat Pro DC for new features.

Thanks
    Rachit

12. Adobe, Regardless of version of Acrobat, whenever I open a PDF that came originally form a Word file, the wrong file title appears in the title bar above the page. Please fix this. It is maddening. I get sent documents from our admin people to put up on our webpage for all our employees and since I am not the author of the document I cannot fix it myself. It is a constant problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How do I save a doc?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hyperlinks that span more than one line create multiple OBJR tags.
    Reproduce: Create file in InDesign with links that span more than one line. Export to PDF/open with Acrobat. Find tag. Link will have two OBJR tags (or more if the link spans more than two lines). This is a bad experience for users of assistive technologies.
    Sometimes manually fixing tags (deleting old links and creating new OBJR tag) isn't sufficient and designer has to resort to editing in the content pane or even using the Actual Text override to get the link to be read by assistive technology properly.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We are continually getting issues with compliance and the Adobe PDF Checker is not being stringent enough. We have created PDFs that are given a clear bill of health using the Adobe checker but our web team use the PAC3 app to verify and they fail on many levels. We would like Adobe to improve the checker to a similar standard so it then complies with legislation for public service bodies in the United Kingdom. Also, as we use Macs most other checkers are PC only so a level playing field would be immensely helpful. Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. With the newest update, F2 (used universally for renaming across every other PC/Windows program/functionality) was changed to a help function that brings up an Adobe Internet help site.

F1 is used universally for help, and no one needs that much access to Adobe help pages.

F2 should be returned to renaming. Ctrl-F2 is a ridiculous and difficult change for renaming and it's the worst idea ever.

I remediate hundreds of PDFs for accessibility, and having to make a more complicated keystroke to rename tags is a huge problem.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi Team
    Please include with Table Control, the option of reading table header with each column value so that it can become easy for person who is trying to understand the contents read
    Also it would be better if user can read a hidden column

Thanks and Regards,
    Manoj Prithiani

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks
    Rachit

18. use of Acrobat DC must be seamless across operating systems, browsers, and devices. seamless interoperability = efficiency. Proprietary in-fighting between apple, microsoft, and google needs to stop. Why not work together for the benefit of all?The business models need to change. For example, "accessibility" of apps needs to be independent of browser, OS, and device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please switch off "Please wait while the document is being prepared" displayed each time I open a document. This feature is necessary only for selected users and hampers very much typical program use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since the issue is resolved for you, I believe we can close on this now. Also, we would try to improve the experience for you on your suggestions in the coming future.
    Please feel free to contact us in case of any issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

20. I'm having an accessibility issue that may be a bug with Acrobat or InDesign, or a combination of both. I have a single page of show notes for a podcast. Paragraph styles are used, export tagging is set, and order is laid out in the articles pannel. Upon export and listening with the NVDA screen reader, the reading order is correct, but the bulleted list of links is just read as "bullet, bullet, bullet, etc." without the accompanying text, and the links are skipped. You can tab through the links, but instead of identifying the object as a link, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI,
    I checked the issue reported by you. I would like to inform you that the bullets and the links tags are not tagged properly as can be seen in Tags panel in Acrobat.

Please report this issue to Indesign.

Thanks
    Rachit

• Don't see your idea?