Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. I am visually impaired, reading anything with an all white background is virtually impossible for me. It would he extremely helpful if Acrobat had a setting to display the PDF contents in reverse video. There are browser extensions (i.e. Chrome High Contrast) which provide the capability for a general web page (which is how I am able to fill in this form).
    Also, the Acrobat dark theme helps, but it doesn't change the displayed PDF contents, and it's dark background is way too light. It should be very close to black (#000000).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. List labels are rarely get tagged which make the tagging extremely tedious. Tables, underlines, links always leave pathing tags which need to be manually removed from the content, again making the process of creating accessible files extremely tedious. There has got to be a better way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I save out a PDF form to File > Save as Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools, which includes all the necessary elements for 508 compliance, including table summaries, the resultant Reader enabled file has the table summaries deleted.

Thus it is impossible to get the final form PDF to pass 508 testing, because now I cannot edit the final PDF in order to restore the table summary.

Thanks for looking into this.

I am on a Macintosh running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
    and Acrobat Pro DC 2019.010.20098
    Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 19.10.20098.316574
    AGM: 4.30.84
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Checker flags link in a table cell as invalid. (<Link> and <Link - OBJR> in a table <TD> cell). I believe this is not a failure point and should not be flagged. Would appreciate a review of this check and a note regarding which protocol is the reason if I am incorrect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 years ago, Adobe programmed that the Tags panel would have Undo. That was very helpful.

But we also need to Undo in the Order and Contents panels, too.

When remediating PDFs to meet accessibility guidelines and laws, people work in the Order and Content panels, too, not just in the Tags panel. As in any workflow, we sometimes need to undo what we just did.

Right now, we must revert to the previously saved version which might go back too far and not be helpful at all.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Accessibility with NVDA / JAWS: for a data table that spans multiple pages in large files:
    UsingAcrobat Reader DC Version 2019.010.20098 on Windows 10 laptop
    At present my experience is that the table is not exposed as a continuous table.
    Consider a 3 column table.
    Only on the first page on which the table begins, the column headers are read as one switches columns.
    For an NVDA or JAWS user, every subsequent page seems to have a distinct 3 column table with x or y rows and the column headers on the first row of the table on the start…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In Mac O.S 10.13.6: the selection color is by default blue, it is not taking the system color . Tried with Acrobat XI pro and even Acrobat Reader same thing. Checked in Mac o.s : 10.14 as well, the same .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. when pressing the center button on the mouse currently it allows 4 way scrolling option. It would be better for my use if it could be mapped to the hand tool instead of always having to switch back to the hand tool(for left click)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello John,
    Thanks for reporting your concern to us. I had escalated the issue to then higher management. We have kept it in our radar and will implement it in the near future.

Thanks

9. Need to be able to hide or resize the intrusive pane ("Create PDF"; "Combine Files"; etc.) on the operator's RIGHT. It consumes valuable screen space. Make it available when needed and GONE when not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. File, edit etc. missing when you open documents. So annoying! Please fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bug: The Reading Order Tool, and / or Highlighting content in a PDF document for tagging is inaccessible.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Using Acrobat Pro DC 2019 under Windows 7 / 8 / 10, open an untagged PDF for which you do not have the source file.
    2. Preferably, launch a screen reader such as NVDA (http://www.nvaccess.org) or JAWS 2019 (www.freedomscientific.com)
    3. Attempt to begin tagging portions of the document. For most people, this is done using the reading order tool found in the accessibility tools.
    4. Once in the reading order tool, attempt to select…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Acrobat's new Autotag utility re-tags the entire document.

Sometimes most of the PDF is fine and I just need to correct one page or a portion of content that I've selected.

But we can't do that: right now, it's all or nothing.

Give us the option to autotag the entire document, a single page, or the content we have selected with our cursor. Keep the other tags that are already in the PDF.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need a keyboard shortcut when working in the Tags Panel to Find Tag From Selection.

This utility is used a bazillion times a day by those who must make accessible PDFs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add droplet or "multiple file" option for bulk autotagging to speed the conversion of scanned (as image) PDFs to accessible PDFs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If a document passes MS Word accessibility standards, throwing errors as a pdf is time-consuming and just plain wrong. I'm trying to teach faculty and staff at a college how to do this and it is SO cumbersome! Just for a simple, one-page doc, passed all chekcs in word, still getting 2 errors as pdf and I cannot even FIND the tags panel in spite of multiple searches. Arrgghhh! Frustrating and disapointing for those of us trying to make all learning materials accessible for all students, including those who are blind, vision impaired or using screen readers!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When exporting a PDF from a Hebrew InDesign file, where the tagging order is correctly set from RTL and Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer is checked, the screen reader (JAWS in this case) reads the Hebrew text backwards. Is this something that is currently supported?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For the production of a robot, I need it to use hotkeys to get into menu's in Adobe acrobat. I got everything to work in English and Dutch languages. But when I want to access the same menu's with a combination of ALT and the desired letters (they differ per language offcourse), in French; All of a sudden he does not get past ALT+S (for accessabilité, which is accessability in French).

I think there must be a bug hidden somewhere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi! I have ADHD and dyslexia. I think it's kind of vital to improve the reading experience at the Acrobat reader. Microsoft has done a good job with the Edge epub reading features, would be nice to have some of these features to improve reading acessibility.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Like ALL other pro Adobe apps we use, please give users the ability to customize keyboard shortcuts! Thank you.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  19 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How to shift page from left to right ? (The bar at the bottom of the screen is greyed and not accessible.) Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?