Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. When in accesibility/high contrast mode, white horizontal lines will appear over the black background at random segments of the document as you scroll up/down. Deactivating 2D graphics accelerator solved the issue for me. I have a GTX 1080 Max-Q.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My Acrobat Pro DC automatically updated yesterday (I did not tell it to update from CC as its supposed to work for updates). Now when I open the Commonlook plug-in I get only a black screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please change the way Adobe Acrobat does the reading order so that the tags in the tags pane will automatically correspond to the order in the Touch- up reading order pane.
    Also please make it easier to tag links - when I try to tag links it doesn't work right. Please consider creating a version of Adobe Acrobat that makes it easy to comply with Section 508 as described at Section508.gov. Dealing with the tags pane is a nightmare and also the unmarked annotations issue and other issues are a nightmare and don't fix easily. Please make this easier to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I don't know how Acrobat has not allowed for a Text-To-Speech option of SELECTED text only yet. It's an amazing tool for people with disabilities... especially those who need text read to them.

It is extremely frustrating having to listen to the text of a document from the begining if you only need the last paragraph read allowed. Extremely disappointed Adobe hasn't stepped up their game.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We understand your problem here. We are continuously working in making a better experience for our customer.
    We have kept it in our radar and will implement in the near future.

Thanks
    Rachit

5. Please fix the tab order. When it's set to structure, the document does not tab sequentially from left to right. When trying to correct this in the order panel, everything jumps around on it's own as you move fields. It's extremely frustrating!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am using Keyboard only to access the Tags Panel.

Switching between the Advanced Search menu, and the main document Window, using F6 to move Focus to the Tags panel and Find Tag from Selection work great. I perform subsequent actions and my first search/action is done.

Then I Alt tab back to the Advanced Search panel, move up to the next item, Alt tab back to the main document Window, F6 to the Tags Panel, the item I searched for is selected, but the previous Tag (from search # 1) still has dotted lines around it and it has…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I automate my work tagging PDFs for accessibility whenever possible. To do this, I use KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS -- either with a programmable keyboard or a program like Automate. I use Mac and Windows. Mac has a Paste and Paste Child feature in the Tags Panel which is great. Windows needs this!! I want to search for a string and tag it. If I could get back to the Advanced Search window on the Mac I would be all set. On Windows I can Alt Tab to the Advanced Search window. I cannot "get back" to Advanced Search on the Mac…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. when a file is exported to Acrobat from InDesign, the accessibility checker rejects every manual line break in the document. There is no fix offered in Acrobat. Please fix.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. so when running the auto detect field on this pdf every time I click the auto detect fields for the accessibility, it gives me an error that adobe has stoped working and has to be closed. can someone explain what's happening and what i need to do to fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In Acrobat DC, we have encountered an issue with method of artifacting/backgrounding. As best we can tell, in DC, there is only one way that it can be done to work correctly - through the content panel/right click/create artifact. Other methods of backgrounding (via the order panel or TURO panel) cause it to visually show on the screen and in order panel as a paragraph tag while in the content and tags panel it indicates it’s an artifact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We have had issues with alt text being duplicated into the actual text field when using the right click to access alt text or using the order panel to access alt text. The only way it is not duplicated is if alt text is entered via the tags panel properties method.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The Acrobat plug in for Word 2016 to create a pdf places artifact tags inside the table structure which causes an error in detailed accessibility checkers. The only way to make these fully compliant is to manually remove these artifact tags from the tags tree. We typically have to go back to old versions to pdf correctly. If you must place artifact tags in table structures (assuming due to new 508 refresh law), it would be fantastic if they could be placed together outside of the table structure or together at the top of the table structure rather than on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. table editor does not cover all of the content in the table. It also misses a few cells so i cannot tag them, This needs to be done for ADA compliance/accessibility

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 18.011.20038 completely ignores Zoom preferences in Page Display AND Accessibility. PDF opens full width of the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When remediating a document created from Word, we had a group of tables (actually embedded Excel sheets) that auto-tagged as Figures. When the cells in these Figures were manually tagged using the Reading Order Tool they inherited the Bounding Box and Placement attributes of the Figure tag they were within. If the Figure tag was deleted and then the content was tagged this problem did not occur, but who knew this would happen? This caused unexpected issues using several remediation Tools -- Commonlook Validator would not open the file and Axes PDF Quick Fix showed a large bounding box around…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create 508 compliant PDF documents frequently that need to be passed. These documents more than not have several lengthy tables. These documents also come from different people using different software and versions. And more than not these tables need to be rebuilt. Would love to have the option to create tables in the Tags sidebar from scratch where you can at the same time specify how many TR, TH, and TD and in a certain order. Right now I can only add them one at a time. Also, if there is a way to remove the hard setup of tables.…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I cannot get the Page Up/Down keys to work. I'm viewing a multi-page PDF in full page to flip through them and spot changes. I can't see an option to reset tools or select this as a transition option.
    Also, in all other Adobe products, you can hit Command+` to jump between open documents, but not in Acrobat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix the bug that leaves a remnant of deleted Alt or Actual text in the Tag Element. See attachment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Steps to reproduce
    PDF files generated by Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2
    Process with 'Accessibility tools, Autotag Document'

Environment (OS, version)
    Windows 10, Acrobat Pro DC
    2015 Release (Classic) Version 2015.006.30392

Note that files were OK with Windows 10, Acrobat Pro XI (currently on the same workstation)
    Note that files had previously been OK with Windows 7, Acrobat Pro DC (prior workstation, no longer available)

Expected Result
    Text recognized and assigned text characters
    Bullets recognized and assigned 'bullet' character
    Accessibility Checker passes content

Observed Result
    Bullets assigned text character ('w', 'n', etc. - possibly the different values were based…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Product Adobe Acrobat DC
    Build Beta Release (Beta M44)| Version 2018.011.10005
    Platform Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Locale English
    State Needs Review
    Status Open
    Component Accessibility

This report references InDesign Bug ID – ID-4204915 Bullets are voiced twice – posted by Bevi Chagnon on September 22, 2017, 6:53 AM.

Problem Description:
    When a different bullet is used in In Design other than the 3 default bullets (round, asterisk, and lozenge), the tag tree in the exported accessible PDF has two span tags, one empty and the other with the bullet character.

The double span tags cause screen readers to voice…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?