Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. File, edit etc. missing when you open documents. So annoying! Please fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Need a keyboard shortcut when working in the Tags Panel to Find Tag From Selection.

This utility is used a bazillion times a day by those who must make accessible PDFs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add droplet or "multiple file" option for bulk autotagging to speed the conversion of scanned (as image) PDFs to accessible PDFs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If a document passes MS Word accessibility standards, throwing errors as a pdf is time-consuming and just plain wrong. I'm trying to teach faculty and staff at a college how to do this and it is SO cumbersome! Just for a simple, one-page doc, passed all chekcs in word, still getting 2 errors as pdf and I cannot even FIND the tags panel in spite of multiple searches. Arrgghhh! Frustrating and disapointing for those of us trying to make all learning materials accessible for all students, including those who are blind, vision impaired or using screen readers!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When in accesibility/high contrast mode, white horizontal lines will appear over the black background at random segments of the document as you scroll up/down. Deactivating 2D graphics accelerator solved the issue for me. I have a GTX 1080 Max-Q.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My Acrobat Pro DC automatically updated yesterday (I did not tell it to update from CC as its supposed to work for updates). Now when I open the Commonlook plug-in I get only a black screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am using Keyboard only to access the Tags Panel.

Switching between the Advanced Search menu, and the main document Window, using F6 to move Focus to the Tags panel and Find Tag from Selection work great. I perform subsequent actions and my first search/action is done.

Then I Alt tab back to the Advanced Search panel, move up to the next item, Alt tab back to the main document Window, F6 to the Tags Panel, the item I searched for is selected, but the previous Tag (from search # 1) still has dotted lines around it and it has…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. so when running the auto detect field on this pdf every time I click the auto detect fields for the accessibility, it gives me an error that adobe has stoped working and has to be closed. can someone explain what's happening and what i need to do to fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We have had issues with alt text being duplicated into the actual text field when using the right click to access alt text or using the order panel to access alt text. The only way it is not duplicated is if alt text is entered via the tags panel properties method.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When remediating a document created from Word, we had a group of tables (actually embedded Excel sheets) that auto-tagged as Figures. When the cells in these Figures were manually tagged using the Reading Order Tool they inherited the Bounding Box and Placement attributes of the Figure tag they were within. If the Figure tag was deleted and then the content was tagged this problem did not occur, but who knew this would happen? This caused unexpected issues using several remediation Tools -- Commonlook Validator would not open the file and Axes PDF Quick Fix showed a large bounding box around…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I cannot get the Page Up/Down keys to work. I'm viewing a multi-page PDF in full page to flip through them and spot changes. I can't see an option to reset tools or select this as a transition option.
    Also, in all other Adobe products, you can hit Command+` to jump between open documents, but not in Acrobat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Steps to reproduce
    PDF files generated by Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2
    Process with 'Accessibility tools, Autotag Document'

Environment (OS, version)
    Windows 10, Acrobat Pro DC
    2015 Release (Classic) Version 2015.006.30392

Note that files were OK with Windows 10, Acrobat Pro XI (currently on the same workstation)
    Note that files had previously been OK with Windows 7, Acrobat Pro DC (prior workstation, no longer available)

Expected Result
    Text recognized and assigned text characters
    Bullets recognized and assigned 'bullet' character
    Accessibility Checker passes content

Observed Result
    Bullets assigned text character ('w', 'n', etc. - possibly the different values were based…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Using the latest Acrobat DC on MacOS Sierra, the only way to add a summary to a table also removes correct, accessible tags.

The only way to access the table summary is to open the Touch Up Reading Order panel, highlight the table in question, and mark it as a table in the TURO panel--even though the table was already correctly tagged and in the correct reading order. After this is done, the user can right click on the table and add a table summary.

However, doing this changes the <table> tag to two nested <sect> tags and removes any…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We sent you a mail regarding the issue. We haven’t heard back from you since.
    I believe the issue has been resolved for you.
    Please share your concerns if you face any issue in future,

Thanks
    Rachit

14. Shortcut keys already exist if you have a screen reader enabled. If you could put in tooltips giving us those keys, it would speed up manually tagging files tremendously.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We escalated the this request to the higher management. We don’t have a plan to provide this feature for now but We have kept it in our radar and would implement it in the near future.

Thanks
    Rachit

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Text in PDFs is too light--much harder to read than in older versions of Acrobat Pro. Zooming in doesn't help. Please restore darker text to make documents legible without eyestrain!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

17. When we change the reading order in Accessibility of images in a scanned and OCR'd document, the image becomes a grey or white box and no longer shows the image if we move it in the reading order. If you move it back to the original location in the reading order, the grey box disappears. If you save it once the grey box appears, it's permanent. We have tried working with support and they've witnessed the issue happen. The open case may be under cheil@wooster.edu but I don't have the case number handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

18. Would love for alt text to be part of the searchable text in Acrobat's "Find" function—whether that's alt text that's been added in Acrobat as a tag or has been set up prior in another program (like INDD).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for connecting with us. We have taken you suggestion and we have kept it in our radar. Currently we do not plan to implement it in near future but you may see it coming in future releases.

Thanks
    Rachit

19. We noticed that your PDF viewer doesn't have AccSupp ActualText support. This means that copy-pasting technical text such as shellscripts and programming code, does not work in your PDF viewer and this greatly restrains the use of your whole program.

The replacement text is said to be supported, according to the file "Document management - Portable document format - Part 1: PDF 1.7" both on Table 323, page 559, and on section 14.9.4, page 615. Available here: https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/pdf/PDF32000_2008.pdf.

But according to the tests made using PDFs produced by pdflatex using the package accsupp, the replacement text support seems to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I understand your concern here. I have shared this with the higher management. We currently do not have any plan to implement it but we have kept it in our radar and will pick up in future,

Check the latest features in Acrobat Pro DC by keeping the software on latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

20. Read to end of document only reads a single page or sometimes doesn't read at all.

(PS is this the same Rachit who use to work for the Forest Service? If so, I hope you are doing well. I'm still waiting on a TA for a MacBook Pro :-()

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks
    Rachit

• Don't see your idea?