Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

247 results found

1. Picture the scenario:
    My client is waiting for a PDF proof from myself. An email arrives from '(my name) via Adobe cloud'. My client has a quick look at the pdf and thinks it looks great. My client then wants to talk to me about something else to do with the project. So my client goes back to her email program and replies to the last email she thinks came from me, which happens to be the email about the pdf. My client types a long email about the project with a request for me to call at a specific…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the past and in most other Mac programmes we had one click to add a PDF to an email now it is three clicks. Many have raised this issue in the last 12 months. And there is a supposed patch via the PList but it does not work for me on the Mac have tried several times over the months.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/send-email-attachment.html

This article did not fix it for me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When sending a PDF through Acrobat's share feature, it causes Outlook to hang

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why do you insist on killing the ease with which users can access options in Acrobat with your new feature "updates"

I used to be able to hit the mail icon in the top and attach to a mail file in an instant, now you've upgraded this "feature" by making it an expanding sidebar and burying the email option in drop-downs.

Stop thinking you are improving Adobe products when clearly you are not.

This is pathetic.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.021.20049) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html
    Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
    Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,
    Arvind

5. We have hundreds of on-going shared reviews in Tracker. It is very difficult to locate files. The default sorting method appears to be based on recently opened files. If there's a file that hasn't been looked at for months (typical), searching through the "Joined" files is more than tedious. Sorting by file name (as well as other options) would be great. Alternatively, a search function would work as well.

And while you're at it--any way to speed up Tracker on start up? With this many files, it takes a heck of a long time to load.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. new update broke outlook when using the share via email option. after doing that, outlook hangs until exiting completely out of Acrobat DC.
    Win 10
    Outlook 365
    Acrobat DC

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For my final book upload to online distribution sites, I would like a lossy file PDF. That's so that if someone steals my works, with each computer transfer of the file they make, they lose quality. And that means when they print my book, or sell it online, they get a garbage file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Is there a way to associate multiple lines of highlighted text with each other? For example, pointing out contradicting lines in one paragraph against lines in another paragraph during in a review.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. One click to send an attachment is enough. Having to click three times before we get the ability to attach it to an email is ludicrous - it really slows down workflow. COME ON Adobe! Your new updates for Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat have made your workflows worse not better

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Twice today I have Shared a document with someone, clicked the track button, and the document DOES NOT appear in the list of files called "Shared for Viewing." Does my recipient have the doc or not? If I don't get these documents in on time I am out of business.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the Send for review there doesn't seem to be a checkbox in the dropdown only resolve. Why is this different to reviewing a normal pdf with comments? Even shift K doesn't work to add a tick. Shouldn't commenting be the same across the board in acrobat whether you are just opening a pdf or opening a shared review?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Sahil Singla responded

Thanks for your feedback !

We have added this in our backlog, will let you know once we implement it it future.

12. When emailing a pdf you can't hide the sidebar and it makes the pdf too small to read when sharing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new unified share experience really slows down our workflow and adds unnecessary steps. Please implement a shortcut/button so that we can go back to one click or one keyboard shortcut to attach to email.

Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I met a customer today who said he'd like to have a simple way to request a group of people to review, rather than having to add each email address. He normally gets feedback from the same group of people.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When PDF documents are being shared via Adobe Share (f/k/a Track & Send) it appears with a California Time Stamp, not the Date/Time from the sender, this needs to be corrected as date/time stamping is very important.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I select "File" & "Attach to email". I get an error message "Server Connection Error. Please verify that port 143 is available for connection on your machine or contact your administrator. Please advise how I can fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Sahil Singla responded

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Could you please try to install the latest update and try to send file via email again.

Steps to update :
    1. Help→Check for Updates.

Regards,
    Sahil

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You are telling me that I have to save every single document I extract as it's own before I can send it to a recipient via email???? This is going to make my life so much harder and the only reason I even purchased this product was to make it easier to scan multiple documents at once and then being able to quickly extract and send via email each single document I have extracted. How do I go BACK to the old Adobe...I will cancel if there is nothing to remedy this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Connectivity problem. I was unable to send file to my client. I received repeated error messages saying that I was not connected to the internet. I was not having any internet issues. I was actively online as I was preparing to send. I ended up just using my email program.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Sahil Singla responded

Hi,

Could you please install the latest update and try to send file again ?

Steps to update :
    1. Go to Help→“Check for Updates”.

Please let me know if issue still exists after update?

Thanks & Regards,
    Sahil

• Don't see your idea?