Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

31 results found

1. When I want to edit a PDF and I want to change the font, I can do so by clicking on the dropdown box and selecting the desired font.

But since there is a very long list of fonts, invariably, I would need to type the name of the desired font.

But when I start typing the name of the font, the words start appearing at the end of existing font's name. This is obviously not helpful.

Instead of that, if the font gets automatically selected/highlighted when I click the dropdown box, I would have the benefit of automatically deleting…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adobe Acrobat version 21.001.20135 appears to have a bug related to pasting contents from Excel and LibreOffice. The contents will paste in as an image instead of text in the focused textbox being edited. Troubleshooting this with Adobe support had no luck, but Adobe support was able to successfully downgrade me to version 20.013.20064, which does not have this issue. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Working for a UK University, we produce pdf.publications for the youth demographic, from prospectuses to course guides. It appears that Adobe is unable to autolink a URL in a pdf. that doesn't contain https:// or www. This is extremely old fashioned and not good practice from a design point of view. In 2020, it is widely accepted that these prefixes are not used, so I would like to requested that the autolink can be programmed in a way which reads these as URLs in a pdf. for example: swansea.ac.uk/research

I imagine this is not a unique issue, anybody creating…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Unknown error when trying to insert a signature.

"Operation failed because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unknown error."

I've closed the program and restarted my computer but the error persists.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us and sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    This looks like a PDF specific issue. Can you please try to edit the same PDF file using Edit app. Let us know how it goes.

Also it will be great if you can share the PDF file with us.(Mail to sagrover@adobe.com)

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

5. I just spent the last 2 hours trying to change the margins and the paragraph spacing on a simple document with just 4 pages.

YOU MUST GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD AND MAKE YOUR TOOLS MUCH MORE USER FRIENDLY TO THE AVERAGE PERSON. UNTIL ADOBE FIGURES OUT HOW TO MAKE THEIR TOOLS MORE USER-FRIENDLY, YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE CUSTOMERS IN THE MEANTIME. GREAT TOOLS AND RESOURCES - awful user-friendly applications. When we spend 2 hours with an Adobe customer support person on chat who cannot even do this simple task with time efficiency, then it is clear to…

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

6. Can we please have the ability to draw real shapes (rectangles,circles, etc) in the Edit PDF view? I know that we can draw these shapes in the Comment view but it's not good enough - doing it that way makes it impossible to adjust certain aspects of the shapes (like, "Send to Back" or "Bring to Front" - those options do not exist in the Comments view, but when you go to the Edit PDF view, shapes that were drawn in the Comments view are untouchable. They are always on Top and obscure anything else that is in the PDF…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PLEASE fix so text boxes stop combining. I KNOW Acrobat is not an "editiing" app but I have to make contact sheets from multiple products and sources from Adobe Bridge. Then the client needs a couple changes, or we need to update an area on the contact sheet ONLY. Constantly have to fight to redo text. Not editable in other apps - Illustrator can only open one page at a time. Can't edit PDF in Indesign. Can't edit in Word. These are NATIVE pdf's from Bridge. Thank you.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A fully functional spell checker is necessary for Acrobat DC (17.009).

Frequently I get documents requiring proof-reading and the only option is to export as a DOCX, run a spell checker there and, for every error, go back to DC and either comment the error or correct it myself. Not ideal, to say the least.

Such functionality would also provide useful features. For example, to check French text has the correct accents or, even, being able to "translate" from US English to British English

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

9. Acrobat needs an eraser tool, much like the one provided in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. I work with old pdf images of recorded documents dating clear back to the 1800's; these documents have a lot of photographic "static", shadows images left by the camera which took the image photo, and these items need to be erased to give the document better readability. It is hard to describe without watching the process. If you want a demonstration, contact me and you can log into my computer and watch my process.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adobe's default line spacing is set to 1.20, which is uncommon in documents. Single spacing (1.0) would be much more useful. Because I can't change the default, I have to continually change the line spacing from 1.2 to 1, which is annoying and time consuming. Please update the software so that the user can select the default line spacing.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. You are missing a most basic editing feature: The ability to display additions or deletes to text in a pdf, as in Word's "Track Changes". How does a client see my edits to their document? Really! Will this be rectified?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The online version of Adobe Pro DC needs to have an edit function for existing PDFs. Especially ones that were created in the desktop version of Pro DC. You are unable to continue working on a PDF that you created on the desktop, but need to do an update or edit to that file away from your desktop/office.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to suggest an improvement to Acrobat Professional:

When adding headers or footers to a document, I suggest that the mechanism use the document's page numbers, instead of inventing its own.

For example, my document has page numbers A.1 through A.29 followed by B.1 through B.7 followed by C.1 through C.6 ... followed by V.1 through V.11.

Right now, it seems that the only way I can get the actual page numbers to accurately appear in the footer is Add 22 different footers. That's an onerous task.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Here's an idea...whenever trying to edit a picture and this ANNOYING message pops up:
    "The object you selected uses transparency and might look different in your editing application. Furthermore, the appearance of the page may change in unexpected ways after this object is edited. Do you want to edit this object anyway?"

A NEW OPTION appears > DO NOT ASK AGAIN FOR EVER AND EVER THRU ETERNITY. THANKS

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. dear, it is very frustrating to have to convert fonts to outlines through the process of placing watermark and flattening transparency.
    don't you want to add a simple function for converting fonts to outlines?
    thank you very much

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please make it so the fonts are WYSIWIG. It's incredibly frustrating to look at an enormous list of fonts and have no idea what they look like. Also, it would be nice to see Arial in there! Thanks.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like the ability to add Roman Numerals in headers. Right now, adding a page number within the Headers and Footers dialog box does not allow me to use Roman Numerals (page labels).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

We have logged a bug for this issue. We will update you, once the engineering team will prioritize the bug and fix it.
    Thanks.

18. I bought a font that resembles real handwriting, and in order to activate the alternate characters (i.e. type 444 and each 4 looks slightly different), it requires advanced OpenType font settings. MS Word has this, but Adobe Acrobat does not. I believe Indesign does. It would be helpful to have this feature in Acrobat Pro.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be nice to have the ability to remove just one footer instead of removing all headers/footers. For example, I work on large publications and would like to be able to leave the different headers and copyright footers for each chapter in place, but be able to update the page numbers. Currently, when I remove or update a header/footer, it effects ALL headers/footers. There should be a menu option to pick and choose which headers/footers to alter.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Each time I open a pdf document sent to me by my publishers, a pop-up dialbox comes saying EDIT PDF with the option ADD I don;t want this; besides, it costs money, I'm broke. How can I get rid of this unsolicited horesment? no unsubscribe!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?