Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

14 results found

1. I don't know how this happened, but I exported a print out of a web page that was sized at 8.5x11 as a PDF, and when I opened the PDF in Adobe DC, somehow the page size turned into 13.17x16.78, and now when I print the PDF, it cuts out everything on the page that is outside of the 8.5x11 paper size. I have been trying and trying to just resize the PDF to 8.5x11, but I can't find this feature anywhere - and I've really been looking hard! So if there was a way you could add a feature…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. While opening a pdf that was scanned in the wrong direction, an algorithm would detect which side was up and automatically rotate the document so you wouldn’t have to click rotate manually. This would be a big time saver.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

We have a feature request logged for this. We will update you once Engineering team will prioritize it and fix it.
    Thanks.

3. RE:Acrobat Professional ver. 2017 and DC

In version 9 I was able to reduce the size of a thumbnail whereby I could view +/- 50 thumbnail pages alongside of a single page document view. According to tech support, this functionality is no longer available. If the only way to see more than +/- 5 thumbnails is to fill the screen with the thumbnail pane, then what is the point of thumbnails at all. I have attached a screen shot to show how I view a document.

It would be extremely useful to bring back this basic functionality. Given that older…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi Mike

We have shared your concern with the team and we will look into this. In the meantime as you yourself mentioned, you can resize the thumbnails panel to a size where you can accommodate more thumbnails and can still see the document.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
    Vivek

4. After I go to Edit document, crop pages and select the area I'd like to crop, the "set page boxes" dialogue box is too large. It goes from the top of the screen to the bottom. This hides the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons under my taskbar. I have to use the directional keys to highlight the appropriate command and hit enter to select it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When you insert a page into a document, make the default directory for the document to be inserted the same as the document it is being inserted into. Or allow the user to set preferences that include this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have shared your concern with the team and we will look into this.

Regards
    Vivek

6. I suggest creating a new function to the "organize pages" that would allow to invert the order of pages. Very useful if I'm reading in Japanize

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rod

Thanks for sharing your concern with us. We have shared your concern with the team and we will look into this.

Regards
    Vivek

7. These two icons do 2 completely different functions from one another. They have appeared the same for ages now. I think it is finally time to create a new Icon look for one or the other. Having both on my quick tools is rather daunting because they look exactly the same.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Samantha

We have raised your concern with the feature team and they are looking into this.
    Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

Regards
    Vivek

8. Hello,

Could you add support for embedding APNG (Animated PNG) inside PDF?

Thank You.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A feature that will identify duplicate pages within a PDF and give an option to delete them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it easier tobookmark pages in thumnail view

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I need to process large PDF files that are often sent to me with duplicate pages. Dupes are often very difficult to manually locate in a 3,000 page + Document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello

When generating separate PDF files from a PDF with multiple pages (in my case a 240-page catalog), a number (or folio) is assigned to each page as .... x for units, ..XX for tens, .*** for hundreds, etc.
    Which gives: 1, 10, 100, etc.

Is it possible for Acrobat to name pages rather like this: 000X, 00XX, 0XXX?
    Which would give: 0001, 0010, 0100, etc.

List files for a Windows user do not appear in logical order and the user is forced to rename the PDFs by adding zeros in front of the units and tens (a time-consuming job).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'll first give an example then explain why Acrobat Pro DC needs better error messages.

We often work with large PDFs (sometimes 10,000 pages or more) that are created by joining together many smaller PDFs in Acrobat Pro DC.

Bates Numbers are applied and sometimes removed and re-applied as the document get's built.

Sometimes something goes wrong when editing the PDF.
    For example Edit > More > Bates Numbering > Remove... gives an error "A number is out of range."

This error unfortunately comes up for us a lot which I guess is to be somewhat expected when combining hundreds…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have a two-page form that was properly tagged until I turned page 2 into a template (Organize Pages -> More -> Page Templates) and made it invisible. Even after I made the page visible again, the page 2 tags were nowhere to be found. Any suggestions on how to recover them or keep them from disappearing in the future?

BTW, I'm using Word 2013 and Acrobat Pro DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Yes, Adobe is aware of the issue. Unfortunately, there is no workaround available at this time.

• Don't see your idea?