Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Comments shall not get auto-locked

I am working with Linde Engineering India (Linde AG) as Engineering consultant. Our daily routine job is to review various suppliers' documentation to meet the client requirement. Supplier submits the document which we review in .pdf using commenting tool. Previously we were using Acrobat 9 for this in Windows7. Now we are using Windows 10 for last more than 1 year and in that, we are only allowed to use Acrobat standard DC Version 2015.006.30033. In this Adobe Acrobat version, we are not able to edit the comments made by our peers / sub-ordinates before sending it back to Supplier

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,
    This is as per the current design, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Could you please let us know if you are unlocking comments one by one.
    Kindly take a note that you can unlock many/all comments in one go after selecting them in RHP.

Regards,
    Arvind

2. Icon in window frame invisibile/undraggable (Osx)

After last update (Osx and CC 2020) there is no icon on the top of the opened documents frame in Acrobat. Usually, to speed the work, I export PDF from Indesign, automatically they open in Acrobat and I drag the icon to Skype. Loosing this ability I must find the document in the finder every time.
    Someone know if there is a solution to restore this function?
    Thank you

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us.
    Please check the list of known issues here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatibility-with-macos-10-15-catalina.html

We also have a workaround for it to have it get re-Enabled.

Please use the plist file from here : https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A0f2d56db-9d37-442b-b6e1-bd7f26d88c36

Please Extract the zip and use as instructed on the helpx link.
    Let me know if that helps

Thanks
    Ayush

3. language tags lost

When importing pages from other PDF's, any language identifiers associated with the individual accessibility tags should be imported. Currently the language tags are lost for the documents inserted. Adbobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe DC

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    I have shared your concern with Engineering team. Meanwhile Please share some sample documents via weblink which you are trying to combine so that we can fix it for you.

Thanks
    Rachit

4. Acrobat Pro DC on Mac OS 10.14.5 Mojave won't install - error 1 / other Adobe apps working

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it doesn't seem to help. PS and LR seem to be fine.
    Creative Cloud via online. New Mac 15 Pro computer. So first time opening Acrobat on here I think.
    Safari Browser 12.11.1
    No updates for MAC or Adobe needed at this time.
    Reliable internet connection.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Reader DC 20.006.20034 Still Holds Lock On Files After Closing File Tabs

Using Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.657, when I have a PDF file or multiple PDF files open in Reader DC, and when I close the tab of a file and then try to do something with that file in Windows Explorer, such as rename or delete or move or change it any way, I cannot do so because Windows 10 thinks there is still a lock on the file and throws a pop-up dialog that says to "Close the file and try again." The only way I can get the lock released is by closing Reader DC…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing here.

Do you have Windows Explorer Preview turned on in your explorer window ? If yes, can you please try after switching the windows explorer off and see if that works fine ?
    Also Try to close the explorer window and then try and then try to do any operation on that file in a different exporer window
    Let me know further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

6. Please remove "Please wait while the document is being prepared"

Please switch off "Please wait while the document is being prepared" displayed each time I open a document. This feature is necessary only for selected users and hampers very much typical program use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    You can simple check/uncheck to enable Assistive technology preference if you are not using any of them.
    The dialog is shown as it process the content for use by assistive technology. I hope since you aren’t using any, I would suggest you to work after setting this and see if this affects anything.

Feel free to contact us in case of any problem.

Thanks
    Rachit

7. Error message when attempting to compress a file "An error was encountered while processing images."

I receive this error message when I select File -> Compress PDF.

I currently have Adobe Acrobat Standard DC installed on a computer running Windows 10.

I have used this feature to compress numerous other PDFs made from documents that contain text and images. I'm not sure why this feature has found a problem with the images. It would be nice if the error message also included suggestions on how to fix the problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. UNABLE TO FIND IN DETAIL SIGNED AGREEMENTS

WHEN SIGNED FILES ARE SEARCH UNDER MANAGE WE ARE UNABLE TO FIND THEM. WE ACTUALLY HAVE TO FIND THEM MANUALLY WITH THE DATE IF SIGNATURE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Program crashes while saving after background has been added

When sending bills or other letters as PDF I add our company logo in the background of the document via Acrobat. Everything works as expected until I save. Then the program crashes every time. The file however emerges complete and intact after I restart Acrobat.

MacOS 10.13.6
    Acrobat PRO DC 2019.021.20061

• Export PDF via Save Dialog from MS Word (ver. 16.16.17)

• Open PDF in Acrobat

• Add Background (PDF File with Vector Graphic)

• Save -> CRASH

I use the current version of Acrobat, but the issue has been persistent for years.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while saving the PDF.
    Could you please share the Crash report that appears after Acrobat crashes for you on you Mac system ?

That’ll help us to triage this issue further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

10. I can't place my signature in my document using fill and sign. It seems trying to open the signature pic

This is a bug or a malfunction, not an idea.
    I can't place a signature in my document

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Can you please provide the following details :

1. Please ensure you are on the latest version of Acrobat. Go to Help > Check for Updates.
    2. Is the issue reproducible for all PDF’s or some specific PDF. If possible can you please share a sample file.
    3. Are you shown any error? can you provide a snapshot of the same.

Regards,
    Sandeep

11. Bug: Autotag distorts page and reorders images

Start with a PDF with scanned image(s) and some transparent text, then do Autotag. The Autoag seems to change the Z order of the images and the page now looks distorted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thanks for contacting us. The Autotag feature detects the content from the scanned document and then tag it accordingly.
    I have shared your concern with the engineering team. I’ll update you once I get a response on this.

Thanks
    Rachit

12. Acrobat Reader for Mac does not expose an Accessibility Tree to VoiceOver

Acrobat for Windows reads tagged PDF (aka PDF/UA) files and exposes an accessibility tree to assistive tech such as NVDA, Narrator, JAWS etc.

Acrobat for Mac does not do this. (And neither does Preview, or Safari). This means that the 'portable' document format is not accessible to Mac screen reader users at all. You can get the text nodes, but none of the semantic tags are respected.

Why is there such a discrepancy between accessibility support on the Mac vs. Windows versions of Acrobat Reader?
    That's not what 'portable' means! Please address this as soon as possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Can you please on “does not seem to ‘see’ or announce any of the tags.” .
    I checked the pdf, the order of reading the document is the same as in the tags panel. It reads in the same order. Also it announces tag type like headings, links, table, graphic etc.

Please elaborate about what exactly is needed here with appropriate examples.

Thanks
    Rachit

13. Adobe PDF Print needs a PDF/UA option

We need to be able to save WCAG compliant, semantic HTML files (e.g. from Firefox) as PDF/UA, but Adobe PDF does not offer this option. Saving as PDF/A does not produce a tagged (UA) file.

Adobe's pdf print gadget should use the browser accessibility tree, and tag the PDF accordingly.

PDF/UA has been an ISO standard since 2012. WCAG 2.1 was finalized in 2019, and WCAG 2.x compliance is now mandatory for public sector procurements in North America, the EU and various other jurisdictions.

What on earth is going on with your accessibility roadmap, Adobe? Apart from Acrobat on Windows,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can't export to PDF due to error

I can't export anything to PDF format because it says "Adobe Acrobat license has either expired or not been activated. Try launching Adobe Acrobat."
    I've checked and my license has not expired and is activated. I've relaunched, logged out and signed in on Adobe Acrobat and it still shows the same pop up.
    It is extremely frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New Feature - "Starred" docs does not Work - times out

While the idea of 'star' documents available at anytime/anywhere is great in theory - it doesn't work. It times out - does not even work considering it was a recent file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Acrobat DC freezes MacOS 10.12.6

I cannot upgrade to a newer OS to see if this corrects my problem. Company IT controlled MacBook, licensed to use Creative Cloud. Acrobat DC is having issues opening simple low to medium resolution PDFs. Will just spin and not respond. Have to force quit and relaunch. I can't pinpoint the cause - happens if I have one file open or 10, happens if I add a comment or click on one, happens if I do nothing and just have a file open while working in other programs. I can't tell if it's because our company's system is Microsoft-based and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Acrobat DC crashes hourly Running Mojave

Adobe Acrobat DC is just an awful counter-productive tool now in Mojave. It crashes hourly (if not more often) just doing normal very simple tasks that I would normally be able to do in previous Mac OS. It doesn't matter if Im just reviewing a pdf made by someone else, creating a PDF from INDD, adding notes to a supplied PDF, etc etc etc ... it just constantly crashes. No warning, no error, just crash... program just quits out. So counter productive now its killing us as a company. PLEASE FIX!!!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. cross-platform interoperability for Acrobat DC

use of Acrobat DC must be seamless across operating systems, browsers, and devices. seamless interoperability = efficiency. Proprietary in-fighting between apple, microsoft, and google needs to stop. Why not work together for the benefit of all?The business models need to change. For example, "accessibility" of apps needs to be independent of browser, OS, and device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. My acrobat crashes frequently when it tries to read/load the text

My acrobat crashes frequently when it tries to read/load the text and I lost all the opened Pdf files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue with Acrobat. Please help me with the below details so that I can help you further.
    Are you facing this issue with every PDF ?

When Acrobat Crashes (If you get this error message “Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working”) , Can you please share with us the Crash Logs.
    For Getting the Crash Logs:
    1. When Acrobat Crashes , Open Windows Task Manager , Got To Processes, There you can see a process Acrobat.exe / “Adobe Acrobat DC”

2. Right Click on this process and click “Create Dump File”
    3. Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
    4. Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail.
    We will investigate the dumps provided by you on priority and…

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base