Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. I can't see my Document Cloud files in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. How to enable an access to Document Cloud in Acrobat Reader DC?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When making a document ready for review in the new Acrobat DC 19.8, if I want to add people from my contact book, the program crashes immediately when pressing the button.

Every time, even when just booted up.

I added my error in the following text.
    https://pastebin.com/6PDpi3wA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bug: The Reading Order Tool, and / or Highlighting content in a PDF document for tagging is inaccessible.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Using Acrobat Pro DC 2019 under Windows 7 / 8 / 10, open an untagged PDF for which you do not have the source file.
    2. Preferably, launch a screen reader such as NVDA (http://www.nvaccess.org) or JAWS 2019 (www.freedomscientific.com)
    3. Attempt to begin tagging portions of the document. For most people, this is done using the reading order tool found in the accessibility tools.
    4. Once in the reading order tool, attempt to select…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Since the update this past week (October 2018), Adobe has made it harder to find things that used to be easy to find, and now it takes forever or completely lags when I try to find whether I have sent something to someone using the interface on my desktop for the old Send and Track feature (which apparently is now called 'Share' another renaming that threw me off this week). As a small business owner, I don't have time for this bull. If you're going to rename things, send us a required video for viewing of changes you're making and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When opening Adobe Acrobat Standard DC, it shows you a list of Recent Files that you have used; however, you can only open one of these files at a time. Similar to the ability to select multiples files in other programs of holding the Control key to select more than one file or holding the Shift key to select a range of files, it would be useful (and a standard Windows function) to be able to select multiple files and open them all at the same time. If reviewing the files in Windows Explorer, you can open multiple files at…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can select multiple files also from the recent list, by clicking on the checkbox and also by holding the control key to select more files.

6. Did you already notice that in Acrobat / Adobe Reader there is now no way to zoom the document, except with a mouse click on the corresponding buttons? Previously, as in Indesign and Photoshop, you could use Space + Alt + Control and Mouse Action to select areas or Zoom by Alt + mouse wheel.
    It would be nice if these possibilities are finally reactivated!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It should be possible, to have an ADD TO, JOIN TO or MERGE command to integrate a PDF file into another one, directly from the File Menu applications.
    As an example
    1. Attached on an email I receive a PDF file containing the instructions to pay my Car Insurance.
    2. I save this PDF as “Car Insurance 2019.pdf”
    3. A few day later I pay this insurance thru Online Banking
    4. I save the proof of the payment as “Payment House Insurance 2019.pdf”
    The new command
    a. Besides the SAVE or SAVE AS - creating another PDF file, it should…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2019 taking too long to save comments on Windows

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On Macbook Pro, OS Mojave: when Acrobat Pro DC starts it's always at the main 15" screen of the Macbook when i simply want to drag the window to my external 27" screen (LG) it crashes instantly. Note that that it does not matter if Acrobat is in fullscreen or regular floating screen modus. I also tried to move the screen by using the Mac OS Mission Control but Acrobat crashes anyway. After crashing i get only the error report: "Acrobat has stopped unexpectedly"'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add droplet or "multiple file" option for bulk autotagging to speed the conversion of scanned (as image) PDFs to accessible PDFs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If a document passes MS Word accessibility standards, throwing errors as a pdf is time-consuming and just plain wrong. I'm trying to teach faculty and staff at a college how to do this and it is SO cumbersome! Just for a simple, one-page doc, passed all chekcs in word, still getting 2 errors as pdf and I cannot even FIND the tags panel in spite of multiple searches. Arrgghhh! Frustrating and disapointing for those of us trying to make all learning materials accessible for all students, including those who are blind, vision impaired or using screen readers!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Prior to the most recent Acrobat update, I was able to use the Acrobat "Create PDF" plugin to create PDFs showing tracked changes. However, now the plugin automatically puts the file in "No Markup" view when it PDFs. This is very frustrating! The only way to create a PDF showing tracked changes is to print to PDF. The Acrobat plugin is now useless. Please fix this! The "Create PDF" plugin needs to PDF the Word file in whatever view is currently enabled (e.g., Simple Markup, All Markup, No Markup, Original) instead of Defaulting to the "No Markup" view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Working on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.523
    Acrobat Pro DC, Version 2019.010.20069

When combining a list of files, Acrobat will not actually combine the file type HEIC. Everything else is combined but there is no indication in Acrobat that it left the HEIC files out. When combining dozens of files, it is easy to miss this issue.The "Files" attachment shows two PDF's and an HEIC file that need to be combined. When I select all, right click, "Combine files in Acrobat...", I get the results in the "Results" attachment. All that appears is the two PDF's.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In your next update, please include the option to save documents (from programs such as Microsoft Office) DIRECTLY to password-protected pdf forms. It should be unnecessary to open the pdf's in the Adobe program and then create an additional level of security. The current system requires too many steps, which is neither time- nor labor-efficient. You already include the ability to convert to pdf directly from these programs, so please add the option to convert directly to a password-protected version. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

This feature already exits with Word for every PDF that required password excryption.

1. Create your document or open an existing PDF document using Word
    2. From the File menu select Save As
    3. Browse to a location to save the document
    4. Select PDF (*.pdf) as the document type and click the Options… button
    5. In the PDF options section check the Encrypt the document with a password option

15. When I save out a PDF form to File > Save as Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools, which includes all the necessary elements for 508 compliance, including table summaries, the resultant Reader enabled file has the table summaries deleted.

Thus it is impossible to get the final form PDF to pass 508 testing, because now I cannot edit the final PDF in order to restore the table summary.

Thanks for looking into this.

I am on a Macintosh running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
    and Acrobat Pro DC 2019.010.20098
    Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 19.10.20098.316574
    AGM: 4.30.84
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi,

When including Enhance Scan in an Action Wizard and running it against a folder with Multiple files in it, repeatedly prompt and ask for the next file... I don't want to see that prompt, like when I am OCRing I can uncheck the Prompt check box...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I deal with multiple sheets of similar layout. I would like to zoom in on an area and go from sheet to sheet with the same area zoomed at the same scale. The version prior to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC allowed me to do that IF I was zoomed in anywhere that included the top margin of my image. But the new Adobe Acrobat Pro DC will only allow a similar zoom if I have zoomed into the TOP LEFT corner of an image. : ' ( : ' ( : ' (

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use Loupe tool for getting your desired result.
    Follow below mentioned steps to activate loupe tool.
    Go to view > zoom> Loupe tool.

Hope this will help you

18. there are lots of fonts that become nonsense symbols when we open a PDF...it would be handy if we could back our, right click and open a PDF as an image, then it would not be an issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Recently updated DC to version 19.8.20071.303822. Previous version had a button at the bottom of the page that said clear recently viewed files. Now I have to check block each individual PDF and clear them. The last PDF it does not give the option to clear instead it asks about delete. I don't want to delete the file, I just want to clear the screen of recently viewed PDFs of files. Also if I try to select it with the others I want to clear, the clear option disappears, what is up?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ever since the update, my adobe has been very laggy

2 votes

We're glad you're here