Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. Automatically open the same files on same page after restart. This would great in conjunction with the feature "Restore last view settings when reopening documents". If one has several documents open and one has to restart Adobe Acrobat or Windows it would be quite timesaving and relieve the pain of having to find each document and re-open.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice to have the ability to remove just one footer instead of removing all headers/footers. For example, I work on large publications and would like to be able to leave the different headers and copyright footers for each chapter in place, but be able to update the page numbers. Currently, when I remove or update a header/footer, it effects ALL headers/footers. There should be a menu option to pick and choose which headers/footers to alter.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow presenter notes like on power point

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. GET A BLOODY PHONE. 6 hours on your boards isn't funny.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When first applying a hairline fix in Acrobat (all lines below 0,25 pt to 0,25 pt) and then flattening transparency in Acrobat using the transparency flattener, Acrobat crashes. I see the progress bar going to 100% and then Acrobat crashes without any error.

BUT... if I skip the hairline fix step, then Acrobat flattens the file without problems. So there must be something with the hairline fix that causes the transparency flattener to crash.

Using Acrobat Pro DC 2017.012.20098 on Mac.

Example files in attachment.
    File ...WITH... crashes while flattening.
    File ...WITHOUT... flattens fine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologise for the issue you are facing. Yes, the crash is reproducible. We will investigate this and revert back.

Thanks,
    -Amboo

6. I want Adobe Acrobat Pro 17 to work at least half as well as Adobe Acrobat Pro XI that did the jobs I needed wonderfully well for me. I NEED TO CLOSE THE RIGHT PANEL JUST LIKE I COULD IN XI!!!!!!!!!!! i SEE OTHERS HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT TOO. If something wasn't broke in older version why "fix it" with this one. It interferes with my ability to follow through on searched text and read same with the split screen capability Windows offers! PLEASE FIX IT SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This person needs some rest he is travelling and worked out poor guy promised to send a free trial but has no time to rest his rear .. Added to that he is so pre occupied that he forgot to tell me that the option of purchase for one month is not his beer ...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Summary of the Problems: Search result snippets in an Advanced Search are often uninformative due to two distinct problems.

Problem 1. The length of text snippet in each search result is too short.
    Problem 2. The search term occurs too "early" in the result snippet (that is, the term you searched for is the first or second word in the snippet--you see nothing that came before your term, which is often what you needed to know).

Solution to Problem 1: allow the user the ability to customize the maximum size of snippets returned with search results. We have huge monitors…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have been trying to add an index for a 278 page book in PDF. I spent an hour on the phone to tech support in India and no one there seems to know how to do this.

I also need to be able to VIEW it and install it into this PDF to publish it. PLEASE add a tutorial on how this is done, step by step, without CLOUDING the issue with terms like "catalog" and "metatdata" that do NOT contribute to the objective.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If you want supporting screen shots or more detail, please contact me.
    Jyotika at Acrobat Help adchelp@adobe.com has my eMail and tele#

1. Combine files into a Binder always FORCES the default to be filename sequence.
      The User should NOT be forced to move HUNDREDS of files in a large document
      just to get them in the proper sequence.

Yes, there is the "Move Up/Down" option which works on each file ONE AT A TIME.
      However, has anyone on the Acrobat team actually tried to do that to resequence
      over 1,000 pages into an absolutely different non-alpha result??? THINK DAYS !!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regrading your Batch Compare PDF query: Currently we don’t support batch comparison in Acrobat but this in our backlog. We’ll update youwhence it’ll get prioritized and impelemented at our end.

Thanks,
    Adobe Acrobat DC Team

11. When saving a redacted file, the option to for "redacted" to NOT be added to the end of the file name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have received a redacted contract on Adobe Acrobat Standard DC that I use on Windows 7. When I hold down ctrl and scroll in (to zoom) the redacted information flashes and I can see what information is blacked out. I think the information should be securely blacked out so there is no possibility of obtaining that information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be good to have some sort of solution/ patch/ workaround/ update to prevent Google DocHub from being able to edit locked forms. I've noticed that by dropping an adobe pdf into DocHub does a few things:
    1. Even if document password protected to prevent editing it is easily editable and doesnt seem to honor those security settings
    2. When document is locked after signing DocHub allows all the previously fillable fields to be edited while still retaining the original signature
    3. even if a fillable form is converted to flattened copy, once dropped into DocHub all the fillable…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, when you save a PDF the software slightly changes the window position, perhaps because the developers wanted a subtle way of emphasizing the completion of the saving process.

However, this window position changing is VERY MUCH ANNOYING for those users who are working with their screen splitted between two softwares. For instance, using Windows 10, when you put Acrobat to the left (WindowsKey + LeftKey) and another software to the right (WindowsKey + RightKey). Then, if you save your file in Acrobat it changes it's window position, putting the window slightly over the other software and leaving an unused…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please make adobe compatible with MAC. how is it not possible to save to PDF?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open a file in a Mac OS application.
    Click the PDF button and choose Save As Adobe PDF.
    Choose the Adobe PDF Settings and click Continue.
    Type a name for your file, and click Save.

16. BUG report:
    [ISSUE]
    1. Preflight profiles outside last used preflight library (a new feature) cannot be called by scripts
    [STEPS TO REPRODUCE]
    2.1. Import a preflight profile into the Standard preflight library
    2.2. Change preflight library and execute a profile from another library
    2.3. Use a JavaScript call to launch the profile installed in step 2.1, i.e. Preflight.getProfileByName(name)
    (Documentation: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/acrobat_dc_sdk/2015/HTMLHelp/Acro12_MasterBook/JS_API_AcroJS/Preflight_methods.htm?rhtocid=_6_1_8_55_0_3#TOC_getProfileByNamebc-4)
    2.4 Profile cannot be found
    [ENVIRONMENT]
    3. Windows 10, Acrobat Pro DC 2017.009.20044
    [EXPECTED RESULT]
    4. The Profile installed under 2.1 should be executed
    [OBSERVED RESULT]
    5. The Profile cannot be executed by the script.

[Further comment]:
    Preflight libraries…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please make documents opened from Mac Finder open in the current Space, not switch to a space which already has Acrobat documents open.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am trying to open a pdf form from the Gov. of Canada using Acrobat Pro DC but nothing happens. After double clicking the file, I can see a background process (in task manager) but it doesn't show any activity and the interface doesn't show even after several minutes of waiting. I have tried restarting / repairing installation but same result. Any other document works fine. I have tried opening the same document on another machine with Acrobat reader DC and it opens properly in a few seconds. I have attached the document as well as a screenshot of the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OCR in 2 languages. I index everything. Currently I have to hold two copies of files containing (for example) Chinese and English. A related issue is papers with special symbols. Lots of technical papers in English use Greek-letter symbols. Acrobat does an amazingly good job at reading Classical Chinese characters (slow, but worth the wait). If it can handle that, it ought to be able to handle multiple alphabets.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I had been using the trial version for Adobe acrobat pro dc and really liked the feature where when i was using the program on my surface pro it automatically detected that i was using the microsoft pen and i could just write on the pdf's. I purchased the student version of the program and when i went to do the same thing and it did not work. I contacted your customer service and the person said the feature was not available on the version i purchased and that i would have to buy a subscription to get that feature.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?