Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't print pdf files

Hi,

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro - Build: 18.11.20040.280397, operating on MACOS High Sierra 10.13.4, with a MFC Brother printer.

all of a sudden I can't print any files unless I go into advanced settings in the print dialogue box and change to print as image?

I have updated my mac, my printer and adobe acrobat with no success. I have attached a screenshot of the error msg in my printer queue.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  rite responded

Hi Bert,

Could you check if the following steps works for you?
    1. Open Print dialog
    2. Click on “Advance” button
    3. Select “Postscript Options”
    4. Change “Font & Resource Policy” to “send for each page”
    5. Print your documents

Thanks
    Ritesh

2. Arabic OCR

Need to recognize Arabic text from scanned images.

428 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

138 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  gudisa responded

We already considered this request. We will update you once the team prioritise it and implement it.

Thanks.

3. Dictate on a PDF using a Microphone.

Hi,

I would love to see the functionality of being able to dictate on a PDF
    file using a defined area...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  digvijay singh bisht responded

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you incase we need more information.
    Thank you for the patience

4. Have versions added to a file, for changes

When you have comments and you make those changes, if we are able to post a new PDF for review as a version, v1,v2,v3...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. HIghlighting Text

For the highlight function, there should be the ability to change colors easily. Right now the process is cumbersome and time-consuming. When I have to be able to access my highlighted test for citations, it would be wonderful to be able to export to word documents with a click.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!
    We have been looking into this issue, will let you know once we plan to release the fix.

Regards,
    Arvind

6. Comment list takes too long to load

Getting comment list to show in Acrobat DC takes way too much time. It's a drag. At least on Mac OS.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused!
    We are actively working on this issue and will let you know once the fix is available in our upcoming release.
    Thanks for your patience and valuable feedback!

Regards,
    Arvind

7. Extracting Pages

Extracting a page without a numerical "page label" is a waste of time because you have to hit 'Organize' then hit the 'More' button and select 'Page labels' then 'select all' then choose your 'style', delete the prefix to be able to give it a page number in order for the action to work. God forbid you lose you place & cant recall the sheet or sheets you need.
    Please allow us to extract regardless of page labels. I've attached my screen shot of the error you get when trying to extract without a numerical page label.

If I'm doing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Word count for ctrl+f word searches

I would like there to be a word count for a ctrl+f word search that appears in the search box next to the word, much like in Google Chrome. You can see the comparison in my screen shots. The ctrl+shift+f feature is too cumbersome.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Bug not resolved] Incomplete "From" field when converting to PDF from Microsoft Outlook 2016

Bug not resolved.
    In "From" field only shows the name of the email account but
    doesn't show its email account between "< ... >", like in
    previous releases.
    System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 (updated) //
    Microsoft Outlook 2016 (updated) // Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

(*) Compare results with, for example, Foxit PhantomPDF addon for Outlook.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Thanks for raising your concern, this is know issue and we are working on it.
    Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Mridula

10. "enable scrolling" an option in preferences.

Please make "enable scrolling" an option that can be set in preferences. There seems to be a "single page continuous option, but it does not seem to have any effect.
    It is tiresome to have to set this for every document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  digvijay singh bisht responded

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you in case we need more information.

Thank you for your patience

11. Validation of signed PDFs against (all applicable national) law(s)

In Switzerland, as in the EU and many other countries, appropriately digitally signed documents in PDF format are legally fully equivalent to paper-based original documents, signed in handwriting by (one or more) signatories in the presence of witnesses.

STATUS QUO

Country specific differences in national law applicable to establishing the legal adequacy of digitally signed documents with their paper-based equivalents require country specific validation of digitally signed documents against applicable sets of criteria.

The following criteria need to be fulfilled, in order for a digitally signed PDF file to be considered VALID in the sense of LEGALLY COMPLIANT with the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. compatibility with google drive

I would like to be able to open and edit pdfs from google drive.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Pratyush Dhoundiyal responded

Hi,

This is something which is already on our radar and we are planning to support this in near future.

Thanks for Reporting
    -Pratyush

13. use multithreading for OCR

Use multithreading for OCR

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

Thanks for reporting your concern.
    We already have a feature request for this. The engineering team will work on this issue once prioritized.
    We will inform you once it is implemented.

Thanks.

14. Support Installations and Upgrades on macOS Case-Sensitive Volumes

This request is being submitted at the suggestion of Adobe Support which was unable to provide effective support for Case Nº 0189220198. Of the 252 applications currently installed on our macOS Sierra system, only Acrobat Pro XI cannot be reinstalled or upgraded because the storage volumes are formatted as case-sensitive. The previously case-insensitive system volume on which Acrobat Pro XI version 11.0.20 had previously been installed was converted to a case-sensitive format. This was done by imaging the volume as a DMG file using Disk Utility, and then after reformatting as case-sensitive, the volume was restored using the ditto command…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Pratyush Dhoundiyal responded

Hi Michael

Thanks for your lucid explanation. This is already planned and very soon the issue would be resolved.

Thanks

15. Graphic conversion from Word was completely messed up

Most of the time, I've had no trouble with conversions of scientific graphics in Microsoft Word to the corresponding PDF images. This time it was really messed up! I've attached the Acrobat DC conversion and a similar conversion with another PDF converter program. The latter was a faithful translation of the Word image.

Can this be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Acrobat taskbar icon uses Photoshop icon

In Windows 10, Acrobat DC's taskbar and start menu shortcut icons randomly switch to using the Photoshop icon. Acrobat DC is the only program that exhibits this problem. The only cure is to follow one of the methods shown in this 2013 forum post: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1113673. Please fix this bug, which still exists in 2017!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple highlight colour palette

To support quickly highlighting text with an array of colours (for tagging and coding text)

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  10 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Warn when printing out of order page sequence

I print hundreds of pages every month from a single PDF file, but I print some two-sided and the others one-sided. For example, I print pages 3,4,6,7,10-14,20,21,25-30. Today, I accidentally typed "118-12" instead of 120. But Acrobat just prints something. I'm not sure what because I cancelled the print job.

Acrobat should analyze the page sequence and warn if it's out of order. I wouldn't want it warn me on the first example because it still makes sense, but if I print that sequence and then "32-3", it should stop, especially since it doesn't even make sense to print pages…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. combine word files in PDF in Acrobat DC

It doesn't work at all! PDF maker is not cooperating with Microsoft Office.It worked though in older version of Acrobat

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Editing or creating new stamps involves too many steps

I'm required to fill in a lot of forms with my signature and the date. And since the date always changes, I edit my signature image in PSD and then bring it in to Acrobat and make (or edit) a stamp. But in Acrobat the process of editing a stamp with a new image is grueling! ... 10 steps! (see attached).

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base