Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. My comment (e.g. add text box) will be removed without my control in some occasion when I edit the comment or add a new one. This type of problem has happen a lot of time in the past one to two months.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why can't I change the speed of the Read aloud just because I am dyslexic does not mean that I need to have have the material read so slowly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for connecting with us. Please follow the below steps to change the speed of Read Out Loud:
    1. Go to Preferences. (Ctrl + K)
    2. Go to Reading in Left hand navigation bar
    3. Under Read Out Loud Options heading, Uncheck Use default speech attributes and enter the speed in Words per minute field between 50 to 450.
    4. Click Ok and use Read Out Loud

Similarly you can change other attributes as well. Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

3. Prompt or notify user if a PDF file is already open. Currently the file just opens and locks both users from being able to save the file.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I came in with a notification to log into Adobe Creative Suite for profile setup. After running the the dialog box to set up the profile, I lost all comments on shared Acrobat files. That is over 5 hours of review comments lost. Is there a way to retrieve those comments? I have no interest in reviewing a 90 page document again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Customer,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are looking into the issue reported by you and will try our best to resolve it. Meanwhile could you please give us the below info and let us know.

1. This issue happens to you for one specific file or on everyone.
    2. Could you please try opening the shared file from Web(Browser) and let us know if comments are visible or not.
    3. Also please share error if you got any.

5. When performing Acrobat remediation on Indesign publications containing correct export tagging, the Acrobat Reading Order tool shows "P" tags at the end of each line of text (as well as additional "P" tags in the middle of lines). The Acrobat Tags panel shows no paragraph tags -- just broken up lines of text.

Fortunately, these broken up lines are not reproduced as such by the screen reader. So why does Acrobat identify each line of text with a "P" in the first place?

This issue needs to be fixed as it creates a dilemma and lot of unnecessary remediation work…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I checked it on my side and this is because Indesign create tags in such a way that it contains multiple line text. The Reading Order tool shows the separate container due to multi line text. It can be seen as single if you check “Display like elements in single block” checkbox.

For the multiline text, the issue will be fixed from Indesign side.

Please tell me if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks
    Rachit

6. The text reader in MacOS is not a typical screen reader, but it does provide easy, fast access to spoken content from on-screen text. Unfortunately, it does not work with Adobe Acrobat. Ideally, it would speak selected text with a keyboard shortcut, but only reads the document name in Adobe Acrobat. The Acrobat screen reader is difficult to use, does not read selected text, and often fails due to pdf accessibility issues.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have had problem with several files becoming corrupted by using Reflow View. Two things happen:
    1. Some pages get "stuck" in reflow even after closing and reopening the file.

2. The format of some pages changes to Portrait or other design changes occur.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rae,
    I checked the details provided by you. There is no issue here. If you open the original file and click on Actual Size in menu, you will see the same exact view that you see after reflow. The view is actually shown in actual size after reflow.
    Keep the view in Zoom to Page Level to see the full page view.

Please confirm if this resolves your concerns.

Thanks
    Rachit

8. Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Type text in any of the below affected scripts in Word:
    - Devanagari
    - Bengali
    - Telugu
    - Tamil
    - Arabic
    - Gujarati
    - Kannada
    - Malayalam
    - Myanmar
    - Sinhala
    2. Export the document to PDF with Acrobat > Create PDF.
    3. Run the Accessibility Check.

Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.):
    Word: 2102 (Build 13801.20360)
    Acrobat Pro DC: 21.001.20145

Expected result:
    Characters originally encoded at valid Unicode codepoints in Word should not cause Character Encoding issues in Acrobat Pro DC's Accessibility Check.

Observed results:
    Some Unicode characters in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Using Share for Review on DC, with several reviewers. I, the owner, made 2 comments. The next day 2 colleagues (A and B) tell me they have commented. I open and see nothing. At 5 am I get an email from Adobe that 1 commenter (B) made 40 comments. I look again and see nothing, and realize there is a problem. Commenter A shares a screenshot of her view in a browser, and it shows "[owner] deleted this comment 13 hours ago". I never deleted any comments, and there seems to be no way to view or retrieve deleted comments.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Customer.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are working at our best to resolve your issue. Meanwhile could you please help us with the below info.

1. Are you also not able to see the comments on Web(Browser)
    2. Issue appears for specific file or on every files.
    3. Also facing any error while posting comments.
    4. Also please check if any filter is enabled in Shared file to show only specific comments.

10. 1 of several problems in how PDF Maker (and InDesign's export to PDF utility) tag PDFs.

In Table Editor, the editor's cell markers (bright pink lines) do not align with the actual <TD> data cells. This makes it difficult, and sometimes impossible, to correct a cell's tag.

Most commonly seen in complex tables with merged cells in the column and row headers. See screen capture.

Also see this blog post:
    https://www.pubcom.com/blog/2020_04-05/ACROBAT_tableeditor.shtml

EXPECTED RESULT:
    Table Editor's cell outlines should match the actual cells.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Microsoft Word 365 has an immersive reader where the text is read out loud while panning and highlighting the text being read with options such as WPM adjustment. Trying to use the Read Out Loud function in Adobe Acrobat Reader is painful. It is hard to find, the synthetic voice is unpleasant and disruptive, and overall the accessibility for this feature seems to be the bare minimum. PDF's are the format of choice for scientific papers, which are rather dry reading material. An option to listen, following along while reading would greatly increase the efficacy of this program. I've personally…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I understand the issue faced by you here. I can help you with some of the functionalities fo ROL.
    1. Finding ROL : It can be found in View Menu → ROL → Activate ROL – > Read the document. Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcut also i.e. Ctrl+Shift+Y(activate) then, Ctrl+Shift+V/B (read the document)

2. Secondly to change the voice you can install the voices from the system language setting and they will appear in Adobe Preferences → Reading → Under ROL setting. You can change it as per your convenience. You can also change Speed, Pitch go the ROL as well.

Having said that, we understand that the ROL is not a screen reader but a support given by the Adobe for reading the pdfs. We’re continuously working on this to make it better for our users.

I hope I have resolved the issues faced by you.

12. If you are looking at a text you should be able to highlight a part of the text it should send you to the website that they got the idea from. While your writing a text instead of putting in a bibliography you should highlight your text and reference it there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Not only is the DC interface confusing and more time-consuming to use than the old one, but it does not comply with Section 508 of the Americans With Disability Act, which requires that the federal government, in its software procurement process, consider accessibility. Adobe Acrobat does not take into account the needs of users who rely on voice recognition software to accomplish actions that fully abled users accomplish with the mouse. When using voice recognition software, it is quick and easy to dictate a shortcut key or sequence of shortcut keys, but extremely slow, cumbersome and error-prone to get the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The search feature fails to work on many text documents. This is a relatively new bug. When you search for a word Acrobat finds unrelated words. For example, in one document when I search for the term "Bergomeister" it finds all of the occurrences of the word "but". Sometimes if you cancel the search and try again, it will work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Settings that resulted in change bars being present when converting a word document to a PDF - to highlight new or revised content have been changed and do not function now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Within Adobe Acrobat there are options to Create a Portfolio of documents or to use the Attachment feature to create a group of documents. While keyboard shortcuts allow you to browse some of the menus, get to the document list, and select a document from the list. However, there is not a keyboard short cut to read the document in the view or to access the Open Document link. It seems to be only available through mouse selection.

This places users of these features at risk because the end user can't access the document to read it using only keyboard…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    As I can see, the issue is related to keyboard keys, Please follow the below controls to access the Open Document link.
    Use tab to click on Attachment in Left Hand Pane. Press tab multiple times to bring the focus on the Option menu. Click Enter and Use arrow keys to navigate inside Options menu items. This resolves your access to Open Document Link.

Secondly, Use Ctrl+Shift+Y and then Ctrl+Shift+V/B to read the document using Read out loud feature. You can alternatively see it in View Menu → Read Out Loud → Click Activate ROL → Click Read this page/ end of the document.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

17. In past versions of Adobe, if I was saving multiple documents, the program would remember the last folder I saved the document to, so it would automatically go to that folder when saving another document. At the moment, it will only open temporary files and I will have to waste time clicking around to find the correct folder that I want to save the document to. There needs to be an update to allow the flexibility to save documents to the last folder selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. The last folders where you have saved your previous files should get listed under the My computer section of the Save As dialog.

Can you please share the snapshot of your Save As dialog?

Regards,
    Sandeep

18. Text in vector graphic images (.svg/.emf) files get displaced and in some cases overlap with other objects in the image during PowerPoint to PDF conversion with Adobe. This issue wasn't present when using Adobe PDF Library 20.9.95

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Using the February 9th version of Adobe Acrobat DC, when I try to add a signature from image in Fill and Sign the image is pixelated and blurry. When I do this on the document cloud, the image is full resolution. Can you fix the bug on the Fill & Sign tool so that we can insert images as signatures at full resolution on the desktop app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. Can you please provide the below details :

1. Was it working correctly before the Feb 9th Upgrade?
    2 Your OS details.
    3. What kind of image are you working on? Eg : PNG, BMP etc.
    4. It will be great if you can share a sample image with us.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

20. We are continually getting issues with compliance and the Adobe PDF Checker is not being stringent enough. We have created PDFs that are given a clear bill of health using the Adobe checker but our web team use the PAC3 app to verify and they fail on many levels. We would like Adobe to improve the checker to a similar standard so it then complies with legislation for public service bodies in the United Kingdom. Also, as we use Macs most other checkers are PC only so a level playing field would be immensely helpful. Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?