Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can you add a feature that locks fill-in form fields?

I built a fill-in form using a PDF template. Turns out the PDF displayed incorrectly for one of my users, so I created a replacement template PDF. When I switched it out, all my fill-in form fields significantly moved. Would love a feature that would allow the fields to be locked before replacing template. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide subscription overlap for an extended period to allow methodical migration to a new PC

Currently have subscription licensed on two machines. Upgrading one machine and need three machine use for a period of time so that I can methodical migrate to the new machine rather than clutter it with years of outdated data & files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Accessibility Checker fails Radio buttons and checkboxes

Accessibility Checker fails:
    Check boxes (Tagged form fields - Failed)
    Radio buttons (Tagged annotations - Failed)
    InDesign copy changes, Acrobat Reading order missing tags.

Using MacOS High Sierra V 10.13.6.
    Previous files, InDesign 2018 Export Adobe PDF Interactive Passed the checker. Same file open in newer version InDesign 2019 Export Adobe PDF Interactive fails.

Not sure if the problem is with Acrobat or Indesign. This is happening with all my files. If I take a new Indesign file with no interactive functions and create them in InDesign 2019 everything passes.

There is a bug somewhere!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the toolbar disappear

It will be easier to use and user will get a wide angle while reading if u make the menu bar the toolbar the bookmarks menu and the right menu bar to disappear and be only visible when the pointer focus it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatically open the appropriate navigation tab after initial display properties are changed. I hate having to open it myself.

When I change the initial view to display the pages or bookmarks panel and click OK, I wish the program would automatically open the appropriate panel for me instead of having to do it myself. It's almost easier to close the file and re-open it than it is to go open the panel myself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need to be able to hide or resize the intrusive pane ("Create PDF"; "Combine Files"; etc.) on the RIGHT. It consumes valuable screen space.

Need to be able to hide or resize the intrusive pane ("Create PDF"; "Combine Files"; etc.) on the operator's RIGHT. It consumes valuable screen space. Make it available when needed and GONE when not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reading experience dyslexics

Hi! I have ADHD and dyslexia. I think it's kind of vital to improve the reading experience at the Acrobat reader. Microsoft has done a good job with the Edge epub reading features, would be nice to have some of these features to improve reading acessibility.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Why is my computer screen so bright?

The screens are way too bright? Why don't we add a button that makes it brighter and dimmer? That way we can change the brightness.
    Thank you for you attention!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. program crashing when using fill and sign

every time i use fill and sign the program crashes.
    have had online adobe team fix multiple times (which takes hours)
    the problem will go away and then come back a month later . i have asked multiple times what the issue is with no explanation.
    i am using a brand new HP Pavillion Core i7 desk top.
    i will be cancelling my subscription and finding another means of completing my work documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [BUG] Acrobat export to Word will change randomly page orientation

With Acrobat Pro DC v 2018.011.20058, I am editing an existing PDF. Once the document is exported to Word, mixed page orientation occurs, while the page orientation seems the same across the document within Acrobat. Steps to reproduce: open the attached PDF and export to Word. Platform Windows 10

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. give user ability to cancel subsriptions

please give users the ability to cancel subscription when no other options adobe states the instructions. user has called several times, chatted several times, user has contact credit card company and paypal and adobe. adobe reponds with same solutions that dont work and even closes tickets that are unresolved, provide excessive wait times making it impossible to cancel membership. requestred assistance from law enforcement and other and other agencies as adobe s obtuse consideration is too take your money with no soutions. adobe appears to employ mentally impaird personnel that are unabke ti decipher common english thereby abdoning common sense…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Fill and Sign re-editable by the user

It MUST - absolutely MUST (!!!) be possible to use a version of 'Fill and Sign' that allows your form to be edited (maybe by you and only you) after you've saved it. For Adobe to keep saying 'it's not editable after you've saved it is pointless. For things like applications and long forms etc., you don't get things right first time, you have to go back and change figures etc, so either Adobe decide to make an editable version, or people use something else.

At the moment, a pencil and a rubber is a better alternative. Please don't just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

The changes you made inside Fill and Sign app becomes non-editable when you save the PDF after placing an Signature/Initial on the PDF. This is by design since placing the signature/initial is generally the last step in filling a form.

You can always edit your changes before you place the signature/initial.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

13. Inverted color view of PDF for improved accessibility

I am visually impaired, reading anything with an all white background is virtually impossible for me. It would he extremely helpful if Acrobat had a setting to display the PDF contents in reverse video. There are browser extensions (i.e. Chrome High Contrast) which provide the capability for a general web page (which is how I am able to fill in this form).
    Also, the Acrobat dark theme helps, but it doesn't change the displayed PDF contents, and it's dark background is way too light. It should be very close to black (#000000).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Size Customization for MAC OS

When opening a PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro on a Mac, have an option to let the customer decide the default opening size. Right now, the application opens to FULL SCREEN, when it would be much more convenient to have the opening to a smaller size, such as 100% of the page width (such as 8.5 "). When working on more than one document and opening the PDF to check a point, it is very annoying to have the PDF load in full screen, blocking all other things on the desktop, including the customer's primary document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Number of Machines Authorized per License

The current two machine limit is much lower than what is offered by other subscription services. iTunes allows 5 per account, for example. Having one person use 3 machines regularly is not uncommon. I use a work desktop, a home office desktop, and less frequently, a laptop when traveling. It is very inconvenient to have to constantly sign in and out on these machines. I would urge Adobe it increase it's limitation to 3-5 machines per license purchased.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Usability

My attempts to use Acrobat were the most frustrating experience of my 31 years on Macs. The program crashed constantly. Simple operations proved to be obtuse and non-intuitive and the layout of the tools, together with the process of interacting with the program, is very badly thought out. The tools page opens a page of cheesy icons resembling something from a children’s book, and why, for example, would anyone hide the ability to insert a rectangle under ‘comments’? Crazy.
    I spent almost a whole day (consulting Adobe help files and online sources) just trying to bring an image to the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rename registered devices

When managing plans, it would be most helpful to be able to rename devices. The names assigned by Adobe can be cryptic at best. Furthermore, it appears that imay have created two registered devices for the same device once when I installed one app, and a second when I installed another app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reading Order Tool and Highlighting Content is Inaccessible to Screen Reader Users

Bug: The Reading Order Tool, and / or Highlighting content in a PDF document for tagging is inaccessible.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Using Acrobat Pro DC 2019 under Windows 7 / 8 / 10, open an untagged PDF for which you do not have the source file.
    2. Preferably, launch a screen reader such as NVDA (http://www.nvaccess.org) or JAWS 2019 (www.freedomscientific.com)
    3. Attempt to begin tagging portions of the document. For most people, this is done using the reading order tool found in the accessibility tools.
    4. Once in the reading order tool, attempt to select…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adobe slower

Since the update this past week (October 2018), Adobe has made it harder to find things that used to be easy to find, and now it takes forever or completely lags when I try to find whether I have sent something to someone using the interface on my desktop for the old Send and Track feature (which apparently is now called 'Share' another renaming that threw me off this week). As a small business owner, I don't have time for this bull. If you're going to rename things, send us a required video for viewing of changes you're making and…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add To, join or Merge

It should be possible, to have an ADD TO, JOIN TO or MERGE command to integrate a PDF file into another one, directly from the File Menu applications.
    As an example
    1. Attached on an email I receive a PDF file containing the instructions to pay my Car Insurance.
    2. I save this PDF as “Car Insurance 2019.pdf”
    3. A few day later I pay this insurance thru Online Banking
    4. I save the proof of the payment as “Payment House Insurance 2019.pdf”
    The new command
    a. Besides the SAVE or SAVE AS - creating another PDF file, it should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base