Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to compare documents that are signed. I want to identify the differences - !!! Not change them !!! Why is this not available?

I want to compare signed documents. I don't want to change them - just compare to identify changes. Been beating my head against the wall and I cannot understand the logic that prevents using compare.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Greetings! I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the compare feature.
    It would be great if you could help us with a few queries that will help us in investigating the bug:
    - What is the version of Acrobat Pro and the OS that you are using currently?
    - Could you please share the workflow that you’re using while using the Compare tool?
    - Could you please share some sample files with us so that we could reproduce the issue at our end?

For info on how to share the files with us, please read the steps below :

To share the file using Adobe send – cloud.acrobat.com/send
    - Open the above mentioned link
    – Click on “Select files to Send”
    – Click link “Choose file from my computer” and Select the file
    – Click on “Add Files”, if you have more files to add…

2. Hotfolder

Gesucht ist folgendes: ein Prozess soll einfach einen Ordner alleine überwachen und dann, wenn ein Scanner dort eine Datei ablegt, die OCR-Funktion alleine starten und das Ergebnis in einen anderen Ordner speichern.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to initialize 'Export PDF' for a PayPal transaction file saved as a PDF

Unable to initialize 'Export PDF' for a PayPal transaction file saved as a PDF - not to MS/Word or any other MS/Office product.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Is this issue happening only with one PayPal transaction file or with other files as well?
    Can you please provide us the details of the following:
    1. Acrobat Version – Are you on reader or DC? Please share the screenshot of the Acrobat version screen
    a. Go to help → About Acrobat … and take a screenshot
    2. Operating system (Mac/Win)
    3. Input PDF File
    4. Screenshot of the issue or any error you see while performing the Export operation.

Regards,
    Akanksha Garg
    Software Engineer
    Adobe Acrobat Team

4. Firefox addon failing to convert

Hello, I recently installed the Acrobat Firefox add on. Here are the issues:

1. it takes an enormous amount of time for the conversion process to complete

2. As you will see in the attached screencast, the "open pdf in acrobat" option is turned off, yet acrobat application opens anyway. either way, you will see that i'm logged into the account and logged in to the document icloud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Problem with merged documents

When I merge several documents into a single PDF, recipients are telling me they are getting an error message that a file is corrupt. The merged documents consist of 3 MS Word documents, a single PowerPoint presentation, and 5 PDFs. We recently were upgraded to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Version 2019.012.20040. I didn't have this problem before. I've re-created the MS Word and PowerPoint documents and still no fix to the issue. Any suggestions?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

Please ensure that your Acrobat and Office are updated to latest version.
    Can you view the combined PDF correctly or are you also getting an error message?
    Please share the error message screenshot with us.

Thanks
    Tanvi

6. Bookmark bar and menu bar

A select feature is needed to choose to automatically hide bookmark bar and anything else the user wants to customise

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. File rename option should be there.... essential

File rename option should be there.... essential

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please elaborate more the issue you are facing with the File rename eg where and when do you want to rename the file.

8. Browsing Advanced Search Results

In versions before Acrobat Pro DC you could scroll through advanced search results with the down arrow. Now you must select and click on the entry, a HUGE time waster and annoying step backward in Acrobat's functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple Tab Visibility and Key-Shortcut Switching

Multiple Tab Visibility
    - please make the active tab a different color than the inactive tables;
    - please add a keyboard shortcut to swtich between tabs [ctrl-PgUp/PgDn]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to concern.
    1) This is already implemented. The active tab already appears in a different color w.r.t the Rest of the Tabs. Please see the attached snapshot

2) This can be achieved using Ctrl+T and Shift+Ctrl+T to move ahead and back in tabs respectively.

Let me know if that helps.

-Ayush

10. Acrobat Crashes with Multiple Monitors

Steps to reproduce the issue: Open Acrobat and move window from one screen to another.
    Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.) Mac OS 10.14.1, 2018 MacBook Pro
    Expected result: Should not crash
    Observed result: Crashes consistently

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please update you acrobat to the latest version on Mac and try to reproduce the scenario.

Let us know if you still face this issue.
    Thanks!!

11. Changing Default Tools on new menu

I like the quick-access to the Tools in Acrobat, but please allow us to select WHICH 4 tools we see. The defaults are Create PDF, Export PDF, Fill&Sign, and Protect, but in my workflow, I almost never use these tools. I use Edit PDF, Combine Files, Organize Pages, and Prepare Form daily, and would very much like to have these on my front page.
    Also, I have the Mobile app already. How do I get rid of the ad asking me to download it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Invoice in CAD for Canadian Companies!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing more frustrating that being invoice in USD when we are in Canada! It is a doable thing to add another currency to an accounting program. SO DO IT!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Creating PDF from Office 365 Mac MS Word Results in a Network Error Unrelated

Case ADB-7492668-J6J4 -Word file is uploaded with embedded fonts as per Preferences (see attached) to the document cloud and then PDF converting Acrobat provides following error (see attached) "Acrobat PDF Conversion could not be completed. This could be due to a network error or if there is no valid Acrobat online service membership." If you go through the same process except NOT embedding fonts the same document will convert to PDF without error. However, the fonts in the PDF file are now different in the Word file as they are no longer embedded. When using a MS OS and upload…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. DC disappears (crashes) after new scan

Fujitsu fi-7160 scans disappear (crash) using the "Create new from scanner" option only. All other scanning works as intended.

the same issue occurs with WIA or the Twain drivers. All drivers and the program is fully updated.

Please help

Ed Brooks

• <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

• <System>
      <Provider Name="Application Error" />
      <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
      <Level>2</Level>
      <Task>100</Task>
      <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-17T17:28:02.962994900Z" />
      <EventRecordID>70746</EventRecordID>
      <Channel>Application</Channel>
      <Computer>KCO-1021.kuenzicpas.local</Computer>
      <Security />
      </System>

• <EventData>
      <Data>Acrobat.exe</Data>
      <Data>19.12.20034.1161</Data>
      <Data>5ccb9be1</Data>
      <Data>ucrtbase.dll</Data>
      <Data>10.0.17134.319</Data>
      <Data>c1f0557a</Data>
      <Data>c0000409</Data>
      <Data>000a24cb</Data>
      <Data>4528</Data>
      <Data>01d50cd5c99f40b6</Data>
      <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe</Data>
      <Data>C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll</Data>
      <Data>3b536a66-c051-4f0d-9b70-02f7f014d22d</Data>
      <Data />
      <Data />
      </EventData>
      </Event>

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fill & Sign Won't Save File

After I fill in and sign the document, it won't save. The circle just spins forever until I eventually give up. Now I have to physically print the document and then scan it in, very frustrating and costing me time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us. In order to better understand the issue can you please provide the following details:

1. Version of your Acrobat.
    2. Are you observing the continuous circle on the save dialog or somewhere else? It will be great if you can share a screenshot.

Regards,
    Sandeep

16. Can't find toolbars. Super annoying.

Please revert back to an older version. I hate the new DC version. I used to be able to have my frequently used toolbars readily available when I opened acrobat. Now I have to use several additional clicks to get to the tools I need. It defeats the purpose of paying for acrobat when it defaults to nothing more than a reader. I've spent considerable time looking for a setting to leave the toolbars on the side of my extremely wide screen, but they are well hidden if available at all, and I refuse to sign in to anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Exporting Formular Data to CSV-File don´t work correctly

We have to use the function for exporting PDF Formular Data to CSV-File. The function works well if you need it for only a few files but if you use it to export more than 500MB -750MB of files the export produces only an empty csv. That is quite a big problem for our company because we need this to export up to 3GB of PDF Formulars as part of our workflows and it is not very handy to export just parts and put them together in time consuming steps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Send or receive feedback fast" popup - Please Remove

Constantly getting a huge "Send or receive feedback fast" popup near the huge blue Share button... every time I save or edit a PDF. Very very disruptive. Please allow users to disable popups such as this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Open document without popups aligned to the edge of the document

The popups aligned to the edge of the document make interface difficult to use, is there a way to open without it? Have it turned off but get pdfs from others and it's very very hard to use, to see the comments without opening a huge window, then I have to try to see it and the window I'm editing at the same time. Please make a way to set these inside so I can see them. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. OCR Scan showing odd artifacts, numbers clipping into one another, and spaces and/or dashes in the underlining.

We have to use Editable Text and Image for our national database to add our header on the top of pdf documents filed in our database.
    Regardless of scanner used, OCR is not is not seeing the underlines as a solid line. It looks like a bunch of underscores. This results in the numbers above it to become distorted. Sometimes the amounts are not readable.
    here are times the line comes through looking like this: _----------__
    Are settings are 300 dpi, black and white document, OCR on / Editable Text and Images, front side. We have changed the dpi…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base