Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Acrobat's new Autotag utility re-tags the entire document.

Sometimes most of the PDF is fine and I just need to correct one page or a portion of content that I've selected.

But we can't do that: right now, it's all or nothing.

Give us the option to autotag the entire document, a single page, or the content we have selected with our cursor. Keep the other tags that are already in the PDF.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. How do I upload the PDF files to Document Cloud from my iPhone that I scanned using Adobe Scan app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When creating a List structure, a "Create List..." menu/dialog box would be helpful. You could specify the number of levels and sublevels if need be, and Acrobat would automatically create the proper tag structure for that list. It is very tedious currently to manually create the tag structure with multiple levels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adobe Reader reads dashes as "to" and not "dash." Not always accurate, my organization uses Figures denoted 3-1. this should be read "three dash one" not "three to one".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe, PLEASE update Acrobat Pro DC's accessibility standard from WCAG 2.0 to WCAG 2.1. It came out a year ago, June 2018, but Acrobat DC does not yet support it.

Government agencies now require 2.1 to comply with accessibility legislation: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/accessibility-requirements-for-public-sector-websites-and-apps

Our accessible PDFs are mostly for government agencies. If Acrobat does not update soon we can no longer use it and will have to find an alternative. Can anyone suggest any good apps that validate to WCAG 2.1?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As an admin, in need of an on demand usage report to show when user was first issued, first and last time license was used.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When OCRing a document and you move to another program to allow the OCR to continue, the cursor is still the watch. This makes working in other programs difficult. The watch should only take over the cursor when you are actually in Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. acrobat should have themes for viewing a pdf like all the other pdf readers. I have Xodo for windows 10 and reading a pdf on it is much preferred then acrobat. I can select dark mode and it turns the background of the pages to dark and I can read at night without eye strain.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You should change the setting and reopen the document. I tried the same on few files and this is working fine.
    Moreover, we have taken you request for this and kept it in our radar. We’ll implement it in our future releases.

Thanks
    Rachit

9. There should be a keyboard shortcut for the "Fit one full page to window" button. I use this button every time I open a PDF (usually because the document settings are set to one-page continuous, my application settings are already set to one page).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It MUST - absolutely MUST (!!!) be possible to use a version of 'Fill and Sign' that allows your form to be edited (maybe by you and only you) after you've saved it. For Adobe to keep saying 'it's not editable after you've saved it is pointless. For things like applications and long forms etc., you don't get things right first time, you have to go back and change figures etc, so either Adobe decide to make an editable version, or people use something else.

At the moment, a pencil and a rubber is a better alternative. Please don't just…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The changes you made inside Fill and Sign app becomes non-editable when you save the PDF after placing an Signature/Initial on the PDF. This is by design since placing the signature/initial is generally the last step in filling a form.

You can always edit your changes before you place the signature/initial.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

11. I tried to have adobe acrobat read a pdf for me today. I wanted to rest my eyes and listen to the document instead of reading it. I was unpleasantly surprised to find out that the 'reader' spoke in such an incomprehensible way, to the point that I could not understand 90% of what it was saying. I have to think that the technology to provide something better is out there. The 'reader' didn't follow the cadence of normal speech. It didn't know how to pronounce most of the words. I'd be one happy customer if the reader could be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side. You can set the preferences from Edit→ Preferences (Ctrl/Comm + K) → Reading.

Kindly contact us for further assistance.

Thanks
    Rachit

12. Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017: I made an accessible PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes. I Saved As PDF and when prompted, I said yes to converting speaker notes to annotations.

My blind 508C Consultant read the PDF with Jaws & NVDA & Adobe's built in screen reader. He was able to successfully navigate the entire document, EXCEPT Comments/Annotations. When the screen reader hit the Annotation Bubble it announced "Text" and nothing else.

I asked him to search for a phrase that existed only in a comment and no where else in the document. He couldn't find it.

As a government entity…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We have been seriously facing trouble since there is no available method to log/ trace users with Adobe products in order to determine whether they are actually using the product assigned to them, whether they need checking from their last log in time. This brings forth a lot of misuse of licenses and malpractice of assigned licenses remainig unused due to the unavailability of such feature.
    This becomes specially difficult when its an Enterprise account and there are thousands of users to be managed.

Please add-in a feature soon where the admin, depending on access control, can check for users'…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Translation of words/phrases inside the PDF:
    Function:
    1) Mark a word
    2) Click right
    3) Select "Translate" from list
    4) Bubble with suggested translation for the marked word shows up
    5) Click anywhere on the document (other than the bubble) to close translation suggestion

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We have taken up your request to the higher management and we don’t have plan to implement it now. Though we have kept it in our radar, and will implement in the near future.

Thanks
    Rachit,

15. I use Word 365 of a main docment to generate a PDF, and remediate in Acrobat DC. I have to add in pages in the fron an back of the document that comprises the front and back covers (also from Word). (The cover PDFs also pass accessibility check).

However, when I drag one page into the Main document PDF and run the accessiblity checker, all the hyperlinks that tested OK in the main document now generate a 'tagged annotations' error.

Normally, remediating such errors is easy: you show in the content panel, find the unmarked links/annotations and tag them appropriately.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When using auto-tag, often graphic elements are forced to back or deleted. See attached examples, where the text next to the HHS-CDC logo is messed up after auto-tag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 years ago, Adobe programmed that the Tags panel would have Undo. That was very helpful.

But we also need to Undo in the Order and Contents panels, too.

When remediating PDFs to meet accessibility guidelines and laws, people work in the Order and Content panels, too, not just in the Tags panel. As in any workflow, we sometimes need to undo what we just did.

Right now, we must revert to the previously saved version which might go back too far and not be helpful at all.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatic update today changed my monitor background from blue to green, and not in a good way. I'm using Win 10. The picture went from HD to the worst screen I've ever seen. It looks lined or ridged like corduroy fabric. It has the same effect on all my programs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When Autotag is run in Acrobat Pro, it puts hyperlinks on all numbers, such as numerical data in tables, page numbers, and random numbers within the body text.

See the post in the open forums at https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2628248

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Your concern has been shared with higher management. We do not have any plans to fix this now but we have kept it in our bucket and will address this in a future release.

Thanks
    Rachit

20. Need a keyboard shortcut when working in the Tags Panel to Find Tag From Selection.

This utility is used a bazillion times a day by those who must make accessible PDFs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?