Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. I would like to add tags to PDF files that are inside of a Windows folder and be able to filter by tags.
    At the moment, the naming convention organises the PDF files in an order that is not beneficial for us.
    Can we add tags to PDF files and filter inside of a Windows folder?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a button or menu option to set Adobe Acrobat to reopen all documents opened in a previous session.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

If your Previous session had any PDF’s launched when it was last Closed, then there is a Menu item Under File→ Reopen PDFs from Last Session which will open the pdfs that were launched in your previous session before closing.

Attaching a snapshot to help you with.

Also there is a Preference unde Edit→Preferences→General which ould automatically open the PDFs from the last sesssion as you Open the Acrobat / Reader application. Here is more info on that : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html#PreferencetoreopenPDFsfromthelastAcrobatsession

Hope this resolves your concern ?

-Ayush Jain

3. In the new version, give us back the expandable toolbar on the rightside. Should not have to do a tool search for item. (e.g. textbox)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For years I experienced crashes when saving documents that had backgrounds graphics added in Acrobat. The bug was triggered by the fact, that my os language was english and my Acrobat language preferences were set to German. (see https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/39351328-program-crashes-while-saving-after-background-has)
    If you are experiences similar problems, make sure to set your program language to the same language as your OS.
    It's a very nasty and confusing problem. I hope it will be fixed in the future.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while saving the PDF.
    Could you please share the Crash report that appears after Acrobat crashes for you on you Mac system ?

That’ll help us to triage this issue further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

5. When I specify in the Acrobat DC Preferences a HiDPI definition (163 dpi for a 27" 4K monitor) and when the OSX Mojave is adjusted on a logic definition of 2560x1440 pix, Acrobat mistakes at displaying actual size of PDF: the application displays documents as if the definition was lower. As a consequence the documents on screen appear bigger than they should.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Constantly getting a huge "Send or receive feedback fast" popup near the huge blue Share button... every time I save or edit a PDF. Very very disruptive. Please allow users to disable popups such as this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Case ADB-7492668-J6J4 -Word file is uploaded with embedded fonts as per Preferences (see attached) to the document cloud and then PDF converting Acrobat provides following error (see attached) "Acrobat PDF Conversion could not be completed. This could be due to a network error or if there is no valid Acrobat online service membership." If you go through the same process except NOT embedding fonts the same document will convert to PDF without error. However, the fonts in the PDF file are now different in the Word file as they are no longer embedded. When using a MS OS and upload…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please stop asking me to sign in every time I open a PDF document. The pop up screen is very annoying

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Requesting you to please provide the below details :

1. Do you see the sign in dialog with any PDF file or with specific PDF file?
    2. Can you please share a snapshot of the sign in dialog being displayed to you?

Regards,
    Sandeep

9. I have already reported the fact that, when installing or updating Adobe Acrobat (which happens rather often), the program icon in the Windows menu is incorrect. I know how to bypass the problem by creating manually the good icon, but each time Acrobat is updated, this bad icon reappears (see screenshot).

This is a VERY long lasting bug. So please, fix it!!!

Thank you

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Could you please try the following steps and let us know if the issue is resolved:

• Delete Adobe Acrobat icon from the Start Menu, the desktop and from the taskbar.
    • Go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs and you’ll find the " Adobe Acrobat DC " with the wrong icon. The that looks like a shortcut. Delete it and close the window.
    • Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Acrobat DC > Acrobat and find Acrobat.exe
    • Right click on Acrobat.exe > Send to > Desktop
    • Right click again on Acrobat.exe > Pin to Start Menu… and close the window
    • Right click on Acrobat.exe – shortcut (that you just created on your desktop) > Copy
    • Go back to: C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs… and Paste the…

10. STOP THE POPUPS!!! I KNOW HOW TO USE ACROBAT AND AM SICK OF ADOBE'S INCESSANT MARKETING WHILE I'M TRYING TO GET WORK DONE!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Acrobat extension 15.1.1.3 under Windows 10 is incompatible with chrome 78.0.3904.70. It causes the browser to be unable to work at all. It's not possible to fix any other way other than to downgrade Chrome. Even removing Acrobat has not effect. Somehow, the incompatible Acrobat extension leaves behind something that won't allow Chrome to work. Downgrading to earlier version of Chrome fixes this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Latest DC, scanning crashes in idrsocr15.dll and if I try to edit a scanned PDF. Scanned PDF and event log entry attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I prepare a fillable form, I want to wrap the text so the person filling out the form can read the whole paragraph they are writing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Janet,

Select “Multi-line” and “Scroll Long Text” in “Options” tab of the Properties dialog box for your text field. Also, ensure to widen the width (manually) to allow user to view the content as they type

And, I have forwarded your request of “Wrap the Text” to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization.
    We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

14. A select feature is needed to choose to automatically hide bookmark bar and anything else the user wants to customise

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is no facility for exporting pdf files to my LibreOffice file list

There must be a solution. Please advise

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My computer system is MacOS 10.14.4, Acrobat version is DC (2019.020.20099). After adding fonts to macOS FontBook, the Acrobat DC “save as PDF” interface has been scrambled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us. Can you please provide some more details :

1. What font did you add via macOS font book?
    2. Do you see this scrambled interface only on save dialog? Can you please go to Home / My computer/ Document Cloud/ Add an Account section on the left hand rail and let us know if you observe the same issue on these screens.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

17. See attached for the screen grab of corrupted image.
    PowerPoint version 1902 / Office 365 / Windows 7
    I cancelled the Acrobat subscription due to this bug, so recreating the problem on my side will be difficult.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be hugely beneficial to have seamless integration of the Snipping Tool and Adobe DC with one-click creation of a PDF from a screen shot or screen selection. For the purpose of this request I am using a Windows laptop with the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud. I can already create PDFs with one-click from most other Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook, but having Adobe be able to handle screen shots and even combine/edit them without going through file/save/rename/export/save will be a great enhancement to Adobe DC which is already a great product.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The popups aligned to the edge of the document make interface difficult to use, is there a way to open without it? Have it turned off but get pdfs from others and it's very very hard to use, to see the comments without opening a huge window, then I have to try to see it and the window I'm editing at the same time. Please make a way to set these inside so I can see them. Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want to compare signed documents. I don't want to change them - just compare to identify changes. Been beating my head against the wall and I cannot understand the logic that prevents using compare.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Greetings! I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the compare feature.
    It would be great if you could help us with a few queries that will help us in investigating the bug:
    - What is the version of Acrobat Pro and the OS that you are using currently?
    - Could you please share the workflow that you’re using while using the Compare tool?
    - Could you please share some sample files with us so that we could reproduce the issue at our end?

For info on how to share the files with us, please read the steps below :

To share the file using Adobe send – cloud.acrobat.com/send
    - Open the above mentioned link
    – Click on “Select files to Send”
    – Click link “Choose file from my computer” and Select the file
    – Click on “Add Files”, if you have more files to add…

1 2 5 7 9 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?