Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Accessibility Checker fails:
    Check boxes (Tagged form fields - Failed)
    Radio buttons (Tagged annotations - Failed)
    InDesign copy changes, Acrobat Reading order missing tags.

Using MacOS High Sierra V 10.13.6.
    Previous files, InDesign 2018 Export Adobe PDF Interactive Passed the checker. Same file open in newer version InDesign 2019 Export Adobe PDF Interactive fails.

Not sure if the problem is with Acrobat or Indesign. This is happening with all my files. If I take a new Indesign file with no interactive functions and create them in InDesign 2019 everything passes.

There is a bug somewhere!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This is just a general reflection that I, as a occasional user to Acrobat DC, no longer understand how simple things like draw lines and write text on a existing PDF work. More complex things like sign, sharing etc - functions that I don't have any interest in using, is easier to understand. Is this really the functions the ordinary user wants? Or is Acrobat no longer a tool for me?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It will be easier to use and user will get a wide angle while reading if u make the menu bar the toolbar the bookmarks menu and the right menu bar to disappear and be only visible when the pointer focus it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. New UI changes continue to make Acrobat more complicated to use for PDF workflow when doing prepress.
    Why can't I turn off the Home window?
    Why does adobe want everything to be full screen

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I change the initial view to display the pages or bookmarks panel and click OK, I wish the program would automatically open the appropriate panel for me instead of having to do it myself. It's almost easier to close the file and re-open it than it is to go open the panel myself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. when pressing the center button on the mouse currently it allows 4 way scrolling option. It would be better for my use if it could be mapped to the hand tool instead of always having to switch back to the hand tool(for left click)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello John,
    Thanks for reporting your concern to us. I had escalated the issue to then higher management. We have kept it in our radar and will implement it in the near future.

Thanks

7. Need to be able to hide or resize the intrusive pane ("Create PDF"; "Combine Files"; etc.) on the operator's RIGHT. It consumes valuable screen space. Make it available when needed and GONE when not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. [BUG REPORT] When in Fill & Sign, Auto fill box make the document zoom out. Using Windows 10 Pro. All my programs are up to date. Please fix this!!! This makes it extremely hard to sign documents. I have to keep fixing the zoom multiple times on one page/ one document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We have made some fixes around this area. Can you please update to the latest version : Go to Help > Check for updates.

Do let us know if you still observe the crash after updating to the latest version (2019.010.20069).

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

9. I absolutely hate the new email sharing. The previous version was so simple! This one is slow, cumbersome and often crashes. Give us the old way!!!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Sahil Singla responded

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!
    Could you please follow the steps in the below article to use the email icon to send PDF directly as email attachment.

Link : helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/send-email-attac..

Please let me know in case of any concerns.

Regards,
    Sahil

10. Hi! I have ADHD and dyslexia. I think it's kind of vital to improve the reading experience at the Acrobat reader. Microsoft has done a good job with the Edge epub reading features, would be nice to have some of these features to improve reading acessibility.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. File, edit etc. missing when you open documents. So annoying! Please fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The screens are way too bright? Why don't we add a button that makes it brighter and dimmer? That way we can change the brightness.
    Thank you for you attention!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. every time i use fill and sign the program crashes.
    have had online adobe team fix multiple times (which takes hours)
    the problem will go away and then come back a month later . i have asked multiple times what the issue is with no explanation.
    i am using a brand new HP Pavillion Core i7 desk top.
    i will be cancelling my subscription and finding another means of completing my work documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New update moved the fit page to window button to a hidden drop out floating toolbar. I use this tool and family of tools every time I am in Acrobat I should have the option of making always visible is the top docked quick tools toolbar like it was in the previous versions just the other day.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Select Tool is the default tool. I never use it and have never seen a need to use it. It makes the screen turn blue and wants to select things instead of letting me drag and move around the page to review large documents. I always have to stop what I'm doing and switch to the hand tool. I am opening and managing easily over 100 PDFs a day and having to switch at every new document is frustrating and time consuming. Adding this as an option would save so much time for users that need this as their…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can make the hand tool the default option by trying:
    1)Look under Preferences> Acessibility
    2)Uncheck "Always display the keyboard selection
    3)Then select the Hand Tool.
    4)Close the program
    5)The Hand tool will now be default

16. With Acrobat Pro DC v 2018.011.20058, I am editing an existing PDF. Once the document is exported to Word, mixed page orientation occurs, while the page orientation seems the same across the document within Acrobat. Steps to reproduce: open the attached PDF and export to Word. Platform Windows 10

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am visually impaired, reading anything with an all white background is virtually impossible for me. It would he extremely helpful if Acrobat had a setting to display the PDF contents in reverse video. There are browser extensions (i.e. Chrome High Contrast) which provide the capability for a general web page (which is how I am able to fill in this form).
    Also, the Acrobat dark theme helps, but it doesn't change the displayed PDF contents, and it's dark background is way too light. It should be very close to black (#000000).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When opening a PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro on a Mac, have an option to let the customer decide the default opening size. Right now, the application opens to FULL SCREEN, when it would be much more convenient to have the opening to a smaller size, such as 100% of the page width (such as 8.5 "). When working on more than one document and opening the PDF to check a point, it is very annoying to have the PDF load in full screen, blocking all other things on the desktop, including the customer's primary document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The new version is worse! Quick Printing out of Outlook, is Slower than snail mail. It freezes up, will not print, will not find files with any color headings in them. Does not find files with headers. It's messing up my morning routine. I have to print a minimum of 50 pdf's from emails everyday. And your new version Cannot handle it.
    fix it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

We are closing this case from our end as it has been reported as resolved from your side. Feel free to reopen a new case if you are still facing this issue.

Thanks
    Ritesh

20. An extension for PDFs in Microsoft Edge is needed so PDFs can open in Acrobat (or Reader) instead of the browser

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?