Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change background screen from gray to color in Comments panel

When selecting edits in the Comments panel with the new 2019 Acrobat Pro DC, the background of an active comment is in a light gray screen. My previous versions of Acrobat Pro displayed selected comments in a light color, which made them easier to read and locate when working on a document that has hundreds/thousands of comments. This should be added as a global preference option in the Comments panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the latest update of Acrobat DC, we have modernize the commenting experience and at the same time, made it very clean and intuitive to use.
    As part of this update, we have changed the background color of the active comment as dark grey color to differentiate from other comments.
    On hovering other comments, the background color of the comment changes to light grey to bring the comment in focus.

However we will consider your suggestion for future updates.

3. Open in separate windows

I just had my computer repaired which required a migration of my old computer SSD to a new SSD. Before that, I used to be able to open up several PDF files at the same time in their own window, which is how I like to work as I frequently have to review multiple documents at the same time. I would like to know if that option still exists and if not I would like it back please.

Also, the icons have changed on my desktop (why; that was your brand and was easy to depict from other doc files?).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    For openign several PDF files at the same time in their own window you can
    1)open the preferences box by going to edit menu > click on preferences or by pressing ctrl+k
    2) In categories select ‘General’
    3) In basic tools uncheck ’Open documents as new tabs in the same window.

For “fit a page to the full Adobe view screen” you can
    1) Right click and select ‘Document properties’
    2) Click on Initial view tab and select your preference in ‘Layout and Magnification’

I hope this will help you.

4. Specific location zoom

I deal with multiple sheets of similar layout. I would like to zoom in on an area and go from sheet to sheet with the same area zoomed at the same scale. The version prior to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC allowed me to do that IF I was zoomed in anywhere that included the top margin of my image. But the new Adobe Acrobat Pro DC will only allow a similar zoom if I have zoomed into the TOP LEFT corner of an image. : ' ( : ' ( : ' (

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can use Loupe tool for getting your desired result.
    Follow below mentioned steps to activate loupe tool.
    Go to view > zoom> Loupe tool.

Hope this will help you

5. Ability to hide the sidebar as it makes the pdf too small to read when emailing

When emailing a pdf you can't hide the sidebar and it makes the pdf too small to read when sharing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow searches from a specific point

In both Pro DC and Reader, if one is searching for a term, one can't go back to the beginning and search again for that term; one has to search through the document. So if I find the 5th instance at p. 12, even if I go back to the top of the document and even I then click at the top of the document, when I next hit control f, it will search from p. 12. But sometimes I want to find, say, the first instance, or some other. Hitting previous requires me to go through all the previous…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Missing mouse pointer on external display ACROBAT DC

mouse pointer missing when using external Samsung display.
    cursor shows up on resolution 1920-1080 and 3840-2160.
    on all other resolutions cursor disappears when acrobat is opened.
    works fine on normal mac display.
    it works on all resolutions when we change the system preference in MAC and increase the cursor size.

MAC OS HIGH SIERRA 10.13.4

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Combing files in Acrobat..." is not combining .HEIC files

Working on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.523
    Acrobat Pro DC, Version 2019.010.20069

When combining a list of files, Acrobat will not actually combine the file type HEIC. Everything else is combined but there is no indication in Acrobat that it left the HEIC files out. When combining dozens of files, it is easy to miss this issue.The "Files" attachment shows two PDF's and an HEIC file that need to be combined. When I select all, right click, "Combine files in Acrobat...", I get the results in the "Results" attachment. All that appears is the two PDF's.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Draw Line

You used to be able to click on Draw Line and it would remain on until you clicked it off. Please bring this back. It is a pain to keep having to clicking every time you draw a line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dropdown empty default value

if i create form i need to create dropdown where is default empty value and user chose something only if he need it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Basically, a drop-down field can’t have a completely blank value (unless you set the values using a custom script).

You can add a value that’s a single space, though, or an underscore, or something like “SELECT ITEM” and set it as the default value.

11. No extract button

I download a large pdf document every day. This must be broken up into smaller documents, but there is NO EXTRACT BUTTON! I have to open the "Page Thumbnails" and highlight what I want to extract, then right click, hit "extract" and go from there. It takes so much longer!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    You can use the extract button by following below mentioned steps:
    1) Open a pdf
    2)Click on Organize pages
    3) Now click on extract
    4)Now you can select the pages you want to extract
    5) Also you have the option to ‘Extract pages as separate files’

Hope this helps you.

12. I just need to be able to measure stuff on pdf drawings.Is there another product which does this more simply?

I am a construction estimator. I just need the ability to measure from drawings quickly. Does Adobe have another product that does this and without all the bells and whistles?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dynamic menu - Hit or Miss

Edit Menu > Form Options: does not always show when opening a Form PDF. In Acrobat Standard DC it is hit or miss as to if the Edit Menu show the Form Options selection.

What makes the 'dynamic menu' feature sense a pdf form?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Edit > “Form Options” > is visible (default) in following two cases -

1. A reader extended PDF is opened in Acrobat.
    2. A distributed PDF.

The menu option is also, available in same session for a non-Reader Extended PDF (or non-distributed) if they are opened with a Reader Extended PDF (and/or Distributed PDF).
    That ways the “Edit > Form Option” stays visible until user exit Acrobat application.

Please note, Edit > “Form Options” > does not appear when we are creating form from scratch because as an author he/she has the advantage of using Prepare Form Tools.

14. Team and personal id linkage - to stop repeated account swapping

I have a Team Account (work email address) for Acrobat Pro
    I have a personal account (personal email) for Creative Cloud Photography Plan.
    I use both work laptop and personal desktop for work application.
    I wish to remain logged into CC for LR access, but when I want to use Acrobat Pro, I am forced to swap ID. As Acrobat Pro is my default PDF viewer, this happens a lot.
    The answer given was to ask my corporate Adobe Acount Admin to use my personal email address not my work email.
    This is mad.
    Corporates don't make this easy. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Missing Zoom

Did you already notice that in Acrobat / Adobe Reader there is now no way to zoom the document, except with a mouse click on the corresponding buttons? Previously, as in Indesign and Photoshop, you could use Space + Alt + Control and Mouse Action to select areas or Zoom by Alt + mouse wheel.
    It would be nice if these possibilities are finally reactivated!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adobe crash

My Adobe Reader DC crashed on my Mac and I can´t close it, restart it or anything. Even I can´t restart my laptop because is still open. I am trying to log in my account, but this is also not working (still waiting for the reset password mails). I don't now how to delete the program and reinstall it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please Remove the unnecessary extra clicks to allow sending as Attachment.

One click to send an attachment is enough. Having to click three times before we get the ability to attach it to an email is ludicrous - it really slows down workflow. COME ON Adobe! Your new updates for Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat have made your workflows worse not better

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cannot Combine documents

I used Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on a Windows 7 64 bit desktop environment.

I simply select the combine documents icon button, it has me choose either existing open document or add unopened documents. Either way it does not work. When I select open document, it has the one open document and then I need to add the 2nd document to combine, and I select it, those documents never populated the page and thus I cannot move to the next step of clicking on the "Combine" button. This has happened multiple times. I think of asking for a refund and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Thanks for confirming. Its great to know that your issue has been resolved.
    Keep us posted if you face any issue.

Thanks,
    Mridula

19. PDF-Go back to 1-click email attt send

Go back to 1-click email attt send; after recent update, we now need to click on share, then click on share as attt, then click on continue.... so many clicks for a simple task

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Brilliant idea: let users customize their interface

I don't want the forced tools on top, including Home, Tools, Document, and several of the page display icons. I'm a genius and I'll offer a brilliant idea: let users customize their own screen!

When the window isn't maximized, there's insufficient room for all the tools, and the default unwanted ones prevent the ones I need from being displayed! When the + and - zoom icons aren't shown, they're also not even listed behind the 3-bullet icon on the far right! This is obviously a bug. It's further difficult since Acrobat refuses to zoom when using Ctrl-scroll on a "high-precision"…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base