Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

43 results found

1. Since Acrobat version 18.4, we are getting multiple warning pop-ups when navigating the Tag Tree while the Object Properties dialog is open. Every click on a P tag or Sect tag generates multiple "The type must contain text and be less than 128 characters long. Please enter a valid type or cancel" messages. The dialog doesn't refer to which field is in error, and it pops up regardless if there has been changes to the Object Properties fields or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My organisation pays AUD$200 or more for my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC licence and I am unable to edit PDF documents. I have tried everything I can think of and consulted online help. Why are all the edit functions greyed-out? I have printed the PDF file to a new PDF file but that did not help.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When saving a pdf, acrobat stops responding and must be force quit. This usually does not happen with "save as", only with save. I am running Mac OS Big Sur, version 11.4. Acrobat Pro 2020 (obtained through my university) is version 2020.001.30020. A text file of the crash report is attached

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PDF files that I created are being password protected randomly. This is a major issue because i need to be able to edit/merge these files for work. I did not set up or request a password to be added so I have no idea what password it is looking for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  amukherj responded

Sorry for the inconvenience, though this sounds very strange. Can you kindly share the steps you are following to create the pdf. I am asuming it is asking for a password when you are trying to reopen it later – correct me if it is not so.
    Also share the version of the software you are using as well as the version of the Operating system.

5. In an earlier version of DC I could erase the wrong information in paint, save and close that page. Go back to the original document open a text box and enter the correct information. I try this with this new version and everything messes up. I was in a chat with one of your techs yesterday for almost 3 hours trying to do what I need to do in the 2020 version of Adobe DC. And it looks horrible, takes a lot of time and I hate it. Please Please Please fix this. I have been looking at peoples complaints…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a bug that has been replicated on two separate Mac computers, with the same results, which do not exist on PC.

To replicate the bug, start editing the pdf, use the Edit and the Fill and sign. Add a medium to large image and just use it for a while.

Eventually the program will crash with the error report "Insufficient data for image" or something to that effect. I will send the video, and this has been replicated on two different machine with two different accounts and I also use this on my Windows laptop and it's exclusive…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Could you please make a spellcheck a feature!

We review PDF's frequently and I would love the ability to easily highlight spelling errors and send the file back to the user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I have forwarded the request to the higher management. Currently we don’t have any plan to implement it but we have kept it in our radar and will implement it in future release.
    Meanwhile to see spelling errors, open Edit PDF and click on inside each bounding box one by one to see if there is any error in each paragraph.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

8. For years I experienced crashes when saving documents that had backgrounds graphics added in Acrobat. The bug was triggered by the fact, that my os language was english and my Acrobat language preferences were set to German. (see https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/39351328-program-crashes-while-saving-after-background-has)
    If you are experiences similar problems, make sure to set your program language to the same language as your OS.
    It's a very nasty and confusing problem. I hope it will be fixed in the future.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while saving the PDF.
    Could you please share the Crash report that appears after Acrobat crashes for you on you Mac system ?

That’ll help us to triage this issue further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

9. When sending bills or other letters as PDF I add our company logo in the background of the document via Acrobat. Everything works as expected until I save. Then the program crashes every time. The file however emerges complete and intact after I restart Acrobat.

MacOS 10.13.6
    Acrobat PRO DC 2019.021.20061

• Export PDF via Save Dialog from MS Word (ver. 16.16.17)
    • Open PDF in Acrobat
    • Add Background (PDF File with Vector Graphic)
    • Save -> CRASH

I use the current version of Acrobat, but the issue has been persistent for years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while saving the PDF.
    Could you please share the Crash report that appears after Acrobat crashes for you on you Mac system ?

That’ll help us to triage this issue further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

10. Problem: A PDF-file of 7600 pages. Selecting all even pages in Tools/Manage Pages. Then deleting all even pages except the first or last one. That takes on my iMac with newest DC version over 45 minutes. On a 10 years old PC with Acrobat version 5 it takes less then 3 minutes. That is 15 times faster! This bug needs to be fixed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is not 100% ADA compliant. Specifically, one cannot create or edit PDFs if one uses a screen reader to navigate around their computer screen (i.e. is blind/visually impaired). I currently use JAWS 2018, Windows 10, and have Acrobat Pro DC. I've attempted to create and edit from combining PDFs, using copies, etc. I've even tried using some of your tutorial items to test with and have had the same results (ex. Bodea's Brochure -- the brochure your website tutorial has specifically for practicing editing).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I edit a document, I do not necessarily want to edit existing text. I do not want Acrobat to do an OCR process on the document and create uncountable text boxes (that can easily be messed up), when all I wanted to do was either crop the image or add a text box. Please allow the OCR conversion to be toggled off.
    Also when scanning, if you go into an option like increase resolution, all of the changes (like selection of document size) made on the previous screen are lost and have to be entered again Too time consuming!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Running Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on Windows 10.

Expected result:
    1. Create text link.
    2. In PDF, right click link and select Edit Link.
    3. Select Actions.
    4. In Select Action, choose Execute a Menu Item, then click Add.
    5. In Menu Item dialog, see list of available menu items.

Observed result:
    1. Create text link.
    2. In PDF, right click link and select Edit Link.
    3. Select Actions.
    4. In Select Action, choose Execute a Menu Item, then click Add.
    5. In Menu Item dialog, NO LIST of menu items appears.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is one button where you can delete text/insert text but I can't find it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

I think you are searching for the AddText functionality.
    You can find it at :
    Open EditApp → You will find AddText option in top toolbar.

Please let us know if it serves your purpose.

-Gaurav

15. Acrobrat freezes whe I try to add text to a document. I can't figure out why.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. unable to process the page because the paper capture recognition service has experienced an error. code 10001

i uninstalled and reinstalled software
    i signed in and out
    problem has been on going over 4 days

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When i use the edit PDF function and attempt to edit the text, the wrong letters are appearing after i type. For instance, when i type the letter "N" , "h" shows up, and when I type "o" , "b" shows up. This is extremely frustrating. Please help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I saved the file, all of the text has been gone and the only thing that was left are numbers and pictures.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I first generated my pdf with automated bookmarks.
    I then added a few pages and gave them bookmarks manually.

When I try to edit these different bookmarks at the same time by selecting them both and right clicking to get the properties window, the program pops up the error message "Adobe has stopped working."

The only way to edit these different bookmarks is by not selecting the different types at the same time.

Expected result: I would like the properties window to open when different bookmark types are selected.

Observed result: The program throws an error…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This has been reported on another thread and marked as solved - it isn't. I have just purchased a copy of Acrobat Pro and am unable to edit .pdf's, which is precisiely why I bought it. The subscription simply isn't worth the money without this capability.

I have noticed some suggested solutions but these are highly technical and not something I would have access to do at work.

Could a solution be suggested - fast - as it seems as though this is quite a common error?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?