Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

38 results found

1. For ease of license management, it would be good to be able to insert our Acrobat license serial numbers in the management console...
    Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For example, give the posibility to keep the user logged from more than 2 computers but only can use simoustaneusly one. This help because me of us use more than two computers (two at home and one laptop in my case)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I recently got a new machine and moved my DC pro account over. Turns out I somehow ended up with the classic version and spent a few hours trying to figure out why I was having a lack of features on this new install. I'm just really annoyed that something so simple as notifying me that I'm not installing the right variant of a purchased product has cost me so much time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We need a way to manage user assignments, audit administrative actions, and report on when particular users are assigned Adobe licenses. There currently is no report that can be run to show who assigned a license, or when a license was assigned, outside of reviewing individual users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The team license has an assumption:
    One license can be assgined to one "emailId", which can be activated across two computers.

PROBLEM:
    Consider a person who has 4 computers, all of them belong to the same person (same EMAIL ID).
    In the admin console the admin assigns 2 licenses to same "email Id".

The user activates 2 out of 4 computers with one license.
    Next, upon trying to activate the 3rd computer with the second license with the same "email Id", the activation fails.

This is an incorrect licensing design.

Idea state: Even in a non-commercial team license situation, the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I will put forward your feedback to concerned team.

There is a workaround for your issue to use email alias for the same email ID. For example in gmail user has ability to create aliases as youremailid+account1@gmail.com, youremailid+account2@gmail.com and mails sent to anyone of these will land in youremailid@gmail.com. Something like these can be setup for your teams. And, you can use above two “different” email ids as two Adobe IDs for the same person.

Thanks,
    Karan

6. I am running Windows 10. Since the last Adobe Acrobat Pro update, the program has been absolutely awful. Opening a document is a minute long process much less doing anything else to it. I had to download another program to be able to view PDFs for work. Very frustrating. Been like this for at least a month.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe XI-Professional-MAC Version 11.0.23 is craching after an update of MAC OS High Sierra Version 10.13.2 (17C88). Some times it fails while saving files other than desktop and most of the time system crahes while signing the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am an admin who manages the Adobe Portal for hundreds of licenses at my company. With the new portal, it doesn't allow me as the admin of our portal to see who has activated their license. This is a HUGE issue for us. We used to be able to see who had activated it and who hadn't and if they hadn't, we would remove their license and give it to another user. This is no longer available. Making improvements shouldn't remove options, but add some. This new bug is HUGE for my company. This new portal is going back…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I have shared your concerns with the relevant team working on admin console. Once we have further information from the concerned team on this, we will be able to update you.

Thanks,
    Karan

9. I've got a new Mac and Acrobat takes a long time to start up compared to other apps. It often has me using Apple Preview. Any way to make the whole thing lighter?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We are actively working on improving the performance and launch time for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader and we take your feedback. I would also like to know from you whether you see the longer launch times when you open application first time after system reboot (called cold launch) , or when you subsequently quit and open application (warm launch). You should see warm launches should not take a whole lot of time.

Thanks,
    Karan

10. II am not able to install the initial test version. The error message is attached below.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. AMS has 2, 500 Acrobat Pro DC (desktop only) licenses. Is it possible to know how many invited users have actually installed Adobe Pro DC on their machines? We know that a few of the invited users have downloaded & installed Adobe Pro DC. How many of the invited users need to download & install Adobe Pro DC?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I do not know what your programmers did to the Adobe products in the 2018 version but all Acrobat and Illustrator keep doing is crashing my computer. I reinstalled 2017 Illustrator but there is not a rollback for Acrobat. Please tell your programmers that "Just because you can does not mean you should"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing, next time you see Acrobat crash, can you please save the crash logs and attach them here, it will help us to narrow down the issue.

13. Acrobat keeps closing for no reason and it is NOT autosaving my files.I already pay a subscription fee every month and you want ANOTHER $80 to help me. I didn't choose to close the program I didn't have a choice and charging $80 for something that is YOUR fault is daylight robbery

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for the trouble, can you provide the Acrobat version you are using. Also does Acrobat quits with a crash? if yes kindly provide the crash logs.

14. This person needs some rest he is travelling and worked out poor guy promised to send a free trial but has no time to rest his rear .. Added to that he is so pre occupied that he forgot to tell me that the option of purchase for one month is not his beer ...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro DC but it's still states that my trial has expired and I need to purchase. I have already gotten an email notification that the purchase was successful. But I still can't access

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Acrobat CC has suddenly started using excessive amounts of RAM to the point that it is paused and has to be quit and restarted. This also happens if left alone with no files open.
    Having pitstop plugin open or not makes no difference. This is on an imac retina 5k late 2014 with 16gbs ram and only started happening Sept 1 2017, Acrobat CC has been installed for at least a year with no issues (and other versions before that have not had this issue).
    The RAM usage seems to increase much more quickly if it is an image heavy…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I download the acrobatproDC_dlm disk image on my Macbook Pro running 10.12.5 using the Chrome browser.
    This download proceeds normally.

After mounting the disk image and starting the installer app, it fails as 29% saying: "Safari must be closed in order to proceed". This comes up in a dialog box with Retry and Close buttons. Retry always fails with the same error message. Close, of course, closes the installer.

The trouble is that Safari is not running!

I finally figured out that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC was running and this was the cause of the installation failure.

Please correct the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think Adobe Acrobat Pro DC should work as Acrobat Reader after the trial period ends. This way, like in my case, people that want to buy a monthly subscription on and off can still use it as Acrobat Reader and don't need to install Acrobat Reader separately.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When using large files, like the attached one, Acrobat crashes when it reaches a memory usage of more than aprox. 3.500 MB in Windows Task Manager.
    I could reproduce the issue, just by opening the page miniatures and a little scolling. It happens on different computers with 8 or 16GB RAM installed and with different Acrobat versions (DC Standard, DC Pro, XI Standard)
    The reason for the memory usage are probably the pictures in these files.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting the crash. We are able to reproduce it with your files. We will work on a fix soon. Will let you know once available.

-amboo

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?