Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16 results found

1. Scanned files on flash drive opening up blank pages after security code is entered correctly. brother scanner to Imphomius FD then to Adobe on Mac ....but it works correctly on windows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There is a major problem with OCR in Acrobat Pro CD. I have recognized (OCR) text in many documents. They still contain a lot of recognition errors in the hidden text used for search. When I try to use the function/tool "Correct Recognized text" (translated from Norwegian), I get a message saying that there are no suspected errors. It is not possible to correct the remaining errors. This is just stupid, there is no 100% correct OCR program, there are lots of errors in the recognized text. There must be a way to fix the remaining errors, but your technical…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Latest DC, scanning crashes in idrsocr15.dll and if I try to edit a scanned PDF. Scanned PDF and event log entry attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Gesucht ist folgendes: ein Prozess soll einfach einen Ordner alleine überwachen und dann, wenn ein Scanner dort eine Datei ablegt, die OCR-Funktion alleine starten und das Ergebnis in einen anderen Ordner speichern.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We have to use Editable Text and Image for our national database to add our header on the top of pdf documents filed in our database.
    Regardless of scanner used, OCR is not is not seeing the underlines as a solid line. It looks like a bunch of underscores. This results in the numbers above it to become distorted. Sometimes the amounts are not readable.
    here are times the line comes through looking like this: _----------__
    Are settings are 300 dpi, black and white document, OCR on / Editable Text and Images, front side. We have changed the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fujitsu fi-7160 scans disappear (crash) using the "Create new from scanner" option only. All other scanning works as intended.

the same issue occurs with WIA or the Twain drivers. All drivers and the program is fully updated.

Please help

Ed Brooks

• <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    • <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-17T17:28:02.962994900Z" /> <EventRecordID>70746</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>KCO-1021.kuenzicpas.local</Computer> <Security /> </System>
    • <EventData> <Data>Acrobat.exe</Data> <Data>19.12.20034.1161</Data> <Data>5ccb9be1</Data> <Data>ucrtbase.dll</Data> <Data>10.0.17134.319</Data> <Data>c1f0557a</Data> <Data>c0000409</Data> <Data>000a24cb</Data> <Data>4528</Data> <Data>01d50cd5c99f40b6</Data> <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe</Data> <Data>C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll</Data> <Data>3b536a66-c051-4f0d-9b70-02f7f014d22d</Data> <Data /> <Data /> </EventData> </Event>
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For legal and compliance reasons, my industry often requires large numbers of items (50+) to be available in our dropdown fields.

These items often require review and/or quick corrections/edits, and it can be very frustrating to scan for the needed item in the list when the display box can only view 4 or 5 items at a time.

It is also a frustration when the horizontal length of a field is longer than the box size.

Allowing the box to be dragged at the corner to increase the x and y lengths would be a small but tremendously helpful ui…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Current version Adobe Pro crashing on scanning after 5 pages on some users
    Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 17.11.30127.54368, time stamp: 0x5c68a6cc
    Faulting module name: Acrobat.dll, version: 17.11.30127.54368, time stamp: 0x5c68a6a2
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0003c2ad
    Faulting process id: 0x26b8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ea3757165205
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Acrobat.dll
    Report Id: 995f39a0-972b-4112-81b8-525cca3e6d69
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. What do I use to save pdf file to my documents. If this is not fixed, I will have to cancel my DC. I need this feature many times. When I press "save as" a blank screen appears and it stays blank.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. when im try to click edit to to OCR the current. all the page start from the are all recognize

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Your scan to pdf function in Acrobat Pro DC suddenly is not working at all smoothly. Ugly!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can we make the fractions appear exactly as they are before the Enhance option is run on the scanned doc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Even after I remove the hidden text layer in a PDF, I'm still not able to run an OCR with "ClearScan" (i.e. "Editable Text and Images"). It's strange because the text layer appears to be gone, yet running OCR produces the error "Acrobat could not perform recognition because: page contains renderable text."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Mohit Kumar responded

Hi Odysseus,
    Can you please share the exact steps so that we can understand the issue completely?
    Also, Did you try the steps mentioned earlier?

Regards,
    Mohit Kumar

14. I have a problem placing the FOIS Stamp on my documents. It is not working for me. PLEASE CHECK what other options are available to apply

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Preprocces to recognize features of forms such as boxes with or without checks and the boxes around fields.

I scan image documents to be able to search for technical reviews or to export them to excel, access, or word. Current situation: On forms empty or full check boxes are frequently recognized as text and the text is wrong and takes a long time to correct. The same occurs with text near boundaries around form fields. If form type features such as check boxes and field boundaries can be recognized by a scanning algorithm very different from the small box scan…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?