Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

25 results found

1. When you have to highlight text and you want to change color you need to go to: Secondary button, Properties, Select the color that is by default and then choose a new color.

I suggest that when selecting the Highlight Text tool a side tab be enabled that allows us to change colors. Attached example of the suggestion

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi
    Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (21.001.20135) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html
    Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
    Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,
    Arvind

2. Win 2004 Window Color BUG

Since the recent windows 2004 release the windowcolor is white instead of the previous grey.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is difficult to figure out which file is which when viewing multiple files with the same TITLE. The person using the reader is powerless to change the title.

PLEASE provide a global preference / setting in the Reader,preferences to have the Reader use the file name all the time.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are delighted to share with you that Acrobat and Reader Desktop release for DC Continuous (20.012.20041) is Live now and this takes care of this Feature Request.

For more Info refer here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

A new document preference is added to let you use the filename as the document title. By default, the preference is disabled. To enable the preference, go to Acrobat preferences, and click Documents in the left pane. Under Open Settings, select Always Use Filename As Document Title.

Please update your Acrobat/Reader (It should Auto update or you should do Help → Check for updates) and let us know your Feedback.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

4. The icons for "Zoom to Page Level" and "Show only one page at a time" are nearly identical. What's worse, when I put both of them on my toolbar, Acrobat places them side-by-side, intentionally causing confusion..

These commands do different things and need to be better differentiated in icon form.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Version : Acrobat DC for Mac (2019.008.20074) Japanese edition.
    issue : If save changes dialog message, view in English. Replacement mistake of Japanese message.
    No problem for Windows version.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Action does not open from quick tools shortcut until the "Action Wizard" tool is opened. Previous versions openened the pinned action in the side panel without the need to then also open the "Action Wizard" tool. It makes a mockery of having shortcut of the action in the first place!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In Windows Japanese language environments, Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC don't have menu accelerators such as Alt+F and Alt+E for Edit, even though Alt+F, Alt+V and Alt+H work fine. See attached.
    I guess that their resource file may define menus like "ファイル", "編集", "表示(&V)", "ウィンドウ(&W)" and "ヘルプ(&H)". Fix first 2 of them like "ファイル(&F)" and "編集(&E)".
    I also guess these definitions are in ExLang32.JPN, but I'm not sure.
    I've observed this issue, most of Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC running on my Windows 7. I am confirming it with Acrobat Pro DC 2015.006.30413 today.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am so SICK of the brain dead idea that we need to have our names plastered all over everything in our user interfaces in case we forget who we are or, as somebody with an oversized paycheck and an undersized amount of common sense might put it, "to personalise the user experience".

What it REALLY does is compromise our privacy. Constantly. We've working on a scree at lunch time or on a train? There's our name, for anyone to see. We take a screenshot? There's our name. It serves NO copnstructive purpose and it is ANNOYING.

Yet there it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It is very annoying to change the layout of the interface when users are used to a certain layout for years. Please put the tools in the side bar instead of a tab. This wastes time to go to another screen and then after clicking on the tool, it opens up.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Steps to reproduce:
    Close and re-open Adobe Acrobat. Issue observed after most recent version update. Issue occurs if the Tools Pane isn't shown when Adobe Acrobat starts (View > Show/Hide > Tools Pane).

Environment:
    Windows 10 and Windows 7
    Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017

Expected result:
    Third party quick tool should display based on settings in the Customize Quick Tools options menu.

Observed result:
    Third party quick tool missing until the Tools Pane is opened.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  amukherj responded

It was Implemented so keeping it that way. Resolved may not necessarily mean Implemented.

11. We have identified a possible bug with both Acrobat and Acrobat Pro when interacting with mapped network drives.

Our organization has multiple network drives that are mapped by group policy. Two are name "Shared" and "Shared2" and mapped to S: and T: respectively.

After opening a drive located on Shared2 (path "T:\Folder\File.pdf") and closing Acrobat, attempting to open the file from Recent file list gives a "File Not Available" error. When this occurs, the location is listed as "S:\2\Folder\File.pdf". It appears there is a substitution being made in the path because "Shared" is in both locations. This occurs every time…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have been preparing forms and creating text boxes, check boxes etc for some time now.
    Recently, I am unsure if was a recent update or because I have updated to highSierra on my mac, there is no longer a 'transparent' option available.
    More details available on the community forums:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2388443

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader.

If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousoctober2018.html#dccontinuousoctobertwentyeighteen.

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks!
    -Bhavna

1. Export PDF from InDesign CC 2017 containing email addresses, hyperlinks included.
    2. MacOS X 10.12, InDesign CC 2017, Acrobat DC 2017.
    3. Normally invokes Mail when mailto links are clicked.
    4. Now mailto links display correct popup but do not action when clicked, cursor changes to text insert bar when hovering over mailto link.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I and several of my coworkers are having Adobe Acrobat DC hang on us while saving files. It can be while just normal save (Command-C) or when doing a Save As.... Apparently the file gets fully saved, because when we reopen Acrobat after a force quit, and say No to recover, the file seems fine. But Acrobat will hang or freeze, the progress bar stays up, and eventually the OS says Acrobat is unresponsive. We need to force quit it to get back to restart Acrobat. Trashing preferences or changing where we save the file (resident drive or server) makes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tabbed View by default isn't suitable as documents are often compared visually & make better use of multiple screen space. However Turning Off Tabbed view now breaks (hides) 3rd Party Plugin tools (namely Enfocus Pitstop Pro).
    Because a restart is required to re-enable Tabbed viewing, that causes loss of changes, or having to save/discard multiple changes potentially on multiple documents.
    & Because I'm here.... NOT A SINGLE Feature added to Acrobat DC has been an improvement.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create a setting in Preferences that defaults to:
    View | Show | Navigation Panes | Page Thumbnails
    so that thumbnails ALWAYS appear in the navigation pane and are never hidden unless done manually.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already support this with the “Pinning of navigation pane” feature. i.e. to open any Navigation Pane by default for all the documents in the LHP.
    This is how you can try this out:

1) Launch any PDF and Expand the Panel that you want the acrobat to open by default for every document(For Ex. Page Thumbnails)
    2) Right click on the LHP Navigation strip , Select the option from the context menu “Pin Page thumbnails” .
    3) now try out by launching any other pdf → You will observe that the Page thumbnails panel would appear expanded by default on launch (If document does not have any other document specific preference )

This Feature is applicable to DC and Classic 2017 track (not available in Classic 2015)

Thanks

16. A Prereference in Acrobat should be there which loads the last session of opened tabs/pdfs on relaunching. Also could provide options to save/load previous sessions.
    This may be Important to the users who work on several pdfs at a time but wish to retain the opened docs in the next Acrobat session.
    Also Session could be managed to retain even after machine restart and then launching acrobat.

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are delighted to share with you that Acrobat and Reader Desktop release for DC Continuous (2019.012.20036) is Live now and this Takes care of the Feature Request to Restore Previous Session by Default on Next Acrobat/Reader Launch.

More Info Here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html#PreferencetoreopenPDFsfromthelastAcrobatsession

Please update your Acrobat (It should Auto update or you should do Help → Check for updates) and let us know your Feedback.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

17. For the new MacBook, touch bar is used. I just want to use Acrobat DC Pro with better comparability.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I use the loupe tool very frequently, and I would like to have the software remember the size/location/magnification of the last usage for the loupe window, even after completely exiting the program and starting a new session. It is irritating to be forced to resize and relocate this window every time I wish to use the loupe tool (the magnification does persist).
    If I keep at least one PDF file open, then the size/location of the window is remembered. However, once I close Acrobat Pro DC completely, the loupe window reverts to its default size/location.
    (Although I cannot prove it,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We released an update for Adobe Acrobat DC that fixes this concern. This update will be automatically applied to all Acrobat and Reader users in the coming days. You may also update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    You can also drop an Email to me at ajain@adobe.com to let me know further in this. Thanks.

-Ayush Jain

19. The standard setting for a bookmark is Fit Width. The ability to change that to Inherit Zoom or other setting is necessary as the Courts require bookmarked documents with Inherit Zoom setting. It takes 8 clicks per bookmark to change this. There is no way to select all bookmarks and change them all at once or make a permanent setting. I submit Administrative Records with hundreds, sometimes thousands of bookmarks and each one of those has to be individually clicked on and changed - x 8 clicks. Very tedious and time consuming.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are delighted to share with you that Acrobat and Reader Desktop release for DC Continuous (20.012.20041) is Live now and this takes care of this Feature Request

For more Info refer here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

The Set Default Bookmark Zoom Level menu item is now added to the PDF bookmark options. While creating a new bookmark, you can easily use this option to set the default zoom level. By default, the Inherit Zoom option is selected.

Also, Acrobat now provides an option in the bookmark properties to retain the destination page number when you adjust the zoom level of multiple bookmarks.

Please update your Acrobat (It should Auto update or you should do Help → Check for updates) and let us know your Feedback.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?