Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

522 results found

1. Since updating to Acrobat Pro DC (version 2017.012.20098), I cannot individually copy arrow, line, rectangle, or oval shapes (with or without accompanying comments) from one PDF and paste them into another PDF. As an editor, I use these tools all day to mark corrections and I regularly have the need to carry over unaddressed/outstanding edits to the next version of the project. Without the ability to simply copy and paste, I have to redo a lot of work—losing efficiency and opening up room for error. Please restore this fundamental function!

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I suggest creating a new function to the "organize pages" that would allow to invert the order of pages. Very useful if I'm reading in Japanize

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi Rod

Thanks for sharing your concern with us. We have shared your concern with the team and we will look into this.

Regards
    Vivek

3. Would be great to be able edit the portfolios files layout once saved and move the files around or change the order by dragging them to where you want it rather then by the choices provided I think it was called freeform or something like that. I use to be able to do this with Adobe X, with DC I can't. Really am not liking the latest version of Adobe, wish I could go back to my old version.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Thanks for raising your concern.

We noted down this issue in our database, will keep you posted.

Thanks,

4. Cant get adobe pro to display pdf documents in IE11 but it works with the free version on Adobe reader DC. is there a fix for this

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to edit and save a new default email Subject and body Message when using Send & Track. This is useful for those companies that send PDF files on a regular basis with a particular form letter attached to the file. Currently, we have to cut and paste our message into the default form each time. It would be nice to eliminate this step.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I scan two pages and crop them, they are smaller or equal to an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. I want to be able to take the two pages and make them just one single page. There are many times that I have scanned something that had just a couple lines at the top of the second page. I may want to be able to shrink that to fit it all on one page. I think there should be options for doing that. Since people are trying to be more and more digital to store information and use…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. RE:Acrobat Professional ver. 2017 and DC

In version 9 I was able to reduce the size of a thumbnail whereby I could view +/- 50 thumbnail pages alongside of a single page document view. According to tech support, this functionality is no longer available. If the only way to see more than +/- 5 thumbnails is to fill the screen with the thumbnail pane, then what is the point of thumbnails at all. I have attached a screen shot to show how I view a document.

It would be extremely useful to bring back this basic functionality. Given that older…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi Mike

We have shared your concern with the team and we will look into this. In the meantime as you yourself mentioned, you can resize the thumbnails panel to a size where you can accommodate more thumbnails and can still see the document.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
    Vivek

8. Rasterise all vectors option in the export PDF dialogue window.

I use lots of detailed vector files in my layouts and when producing PDF's for approval this can be an issue as the files sizes can be too big to send back and forth over email. There are numerous work arounds but none really give a seamless document flow that should happen. Making a JPEG of my files and placing those instead of eps or ai files can be a headache also.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Exporting to Keynote similar to Export to powerpoint.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add the split option to the "tools to add" when creating a new Action Wizard action.

This would allow for automated actions to be created where split top level bookmarks using bookmark names for file names utilized as part of a action, so it wouldn't be necessary to physically go through the setup process of: Organize Pages/Split/Split by: Top level bookmarks/Output Options/Use bookmark names for file names.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Kindly add tamil language support in ocr and other tools

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Acrobat CC has suddenly started using excessive amounts of RAM to the point that it is paused and has to be quit and restarted. This also happens if left alone with no files open.
    Having pitstop plugin open or not makes no difference. This is on an imac retina 5k late 2014 with 16gbs ram and only started happening Sept 1 2017, Acrobat CC has been installed for at least a year with no issues (and other versions before that have not had this issue).
    The RAM usage seems to increase much more quickly if it is an image heavy…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The tool sidebar is too close to the scroll bar, and make it difficult to use and select the scroll bar, which is almost always used. Make the position and/or the visibility of the tools sidebar a preference, since this redundant control is available using many other existing ways. This is the must frustrating, duplicative, and unusually located user control I have seen in many years.

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The "Find" Pop-up on the right-upper corner obstructs document viewing and it's very annoying. Whenever I need to see what's behind that pop-up, I need to esc to close the pop-up and Cmd+F again to commence with search.

I'm using the Mac OS version of Acrobat DC.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I created a nice form, loaded it to the web, tested it and when I clicked the "Submit" button - nada! Researched, tried other methods and when I finally called support, I was told that Acrobat DC can't/won't email completed pdf forms from the web! But maybe it would work if I could find someone who could code the javascript for me. So I found the javascript (I can do some coding) and this.maildoc() doesn't work.

Why bother with this? It was a huge waste of time. There are on-line pdf form companies that charge less and claim to offer…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Greetings, dear colleagues!

I want to use Advanced Search of the Acrobat XI in order to perform the following search query:
    cat AND "barking dog"

However by trials and errors I found that this syntax does not work in Boolean query mode of the Advanced Search.

It would be great to have such simple, but extremely useful search option

Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Acrobat XI is now out of active development, but we are making a note of your feature request.
    Thanks again for reporting

1. Since the indexing will index the all multiple pdfs. Type ahead search should be supported. Instead currently the user has to type and enter search for the search results.
    2. Since the indexing will index the all multiple pdfs. Type ahead search with number of hits found should be shown before hitting the search
    3. Searching should be as fast as google. 10,000 pdf files of 100kb each and type ahead search should be less than a second
    4. Other than scroll bar for navigating the results there should be a easier way to filter the search results.
    5. Grouping of folders wise doesn't…
    14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I want Adobe Acrobat Pro 17 to work at least half as well as Adobe Acrobat Pro XI that did the jobs I needed wonderfully well for me. I NEED TO CLOSE THE RIGHT PANEL JUST LIKE I COULD IN XI!!!!!!!!!!! i SEE OTHERS HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT TOO. If something wasn't broke in older version why "fix it" with this one. It interferes with my ability to follow through on searched text and read same with the split screen capability Windows offers! PLEASE FIX IT SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I download the acrobatproDC_dlm disk image on my Macbook Pro running 10.12.5 using the Chrome browser.
    This download proceeds normally.

After mounting the disk image and starting the installer app, it fails as 29% saying: "Safari must be closed in order to proceed". This comes up in a dialog box with Retry and Close buttons. Retry always fails with the same error message. Close, of course, closes the installer.

The trouble is that Safari is not running!

I finally figured out that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC was running and this was the cause of the installation failure.

Please correct the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, you can restrict print and save, but cannot restrict Save As. Would like to see that restriction added as well.
    Thanks for your consideration.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Thanks for your valuable feedback, it helps us improving our product. We have taken your feature request.

• Don't see your idea?