Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. Currently, you can restrict print and save, but cannot restrict Save As. Would like to see that restriction added as well.
    Thanks for your consideration.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Thanks for your valuable feedback, it helps us improving our product. We have taken your feature request.

2. I have filled up a form using Foxit Reader. When I tried to open the form with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC I got error "The document enabled extended features in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document".

I tried some other PDF programs, no issue when opening this form.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have filled up a PDF form using Foxit PhantomPDF. I modified the form using Adobe Acrobat DC and when I tried to save the form, I got error "The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (109)" and I was not able to save the modified form.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create shortcut on Home page to "Create PDF from Scan". A lot of users primarily use Acrobat to create pdfs from paper. It shouldn't take 4 mouse clicks to get this done. Also, there is now no way to use keyboard shortcuts to effect a scan. Alt-F-R-S is as far as one can go because the new blue Scan button does not have a keyboard shortcut.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think Adobe Acrobat Pro DC should work as Acrobat Reader after the trial period ends. This way, like in my case, people that want to buy a monthly subscription on and off can still use it as Acrobat Reader and don't need to install Acrobat Reader separately.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'm trying to deskew a PDF in Acrobat Pro DC, but it will only work when compression is on at the 3rd lowest setting.
    When trying to go higher or turn compression off the deskew fails.

PDF is attached and also here:
    https://forums.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdrive.google.com%2Fopen%3Fid%3D0B4cPyQRFPy9JdkFJYjljbmlWcWs

Settings attached as image.

Acrobat Pro DC v. 2017.012.20098

Is this a bug or a feature? :-)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I don't know how this happened, but I exported a print out of a web page that was sized at 8.5x11 as a PDF, and when I opened the PDF in Adobe DC, somehow the page size turned into 13.17x16.78, and now when I print the PDF, it cuts out everything on the page that is outside of the 8.5x11 paper size. I have been trying and trying to just resize the PDF to 8.5x11, but I can't find this feature anywhere - and I've really been looking hard! So if there was a way you could add a feature…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have been trying to add an index for a 278 page book in PDF. I spent an hour on the phone to tech support in India and no one there seems to know how to do this.

I also need to be able to VIEW it and install it into this PDF to publish it. PLEASE add a tutorial on how this is done, step by step, without CLOUDING the issue with terms like "catalog" and "metatdata" that do NOT contribute to the objective.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When using large files, like the attached one, Acrobat crashes when it reaches a memory usage of more than aprox. 3.500 MB in Windows Task Manager.
    I could reproduce the issue, just by opening the page miniatures and a little scolling. It happens on different computers with 8 or 16GB RAM installed and with different Acrobat versions (DC Standard, DC Pro, XI Standard)
    The reason for the memory usage are probably the pictures in these files.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting the crash. We are able to reproduce it with your files. We will work on a fix soon. Will let you know once available.

-amboo

10. I downloaded the free trial and in the browser, it tells me I have 6 days left in the trial, but when I open the program on the desktop, it tells me that my trial expired.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. We have forwarded this to relevant team to look into and if any further information required, we will get back.

11. Acrobat will sometimes generate a pop-up that says "Update completed!" with two options: "Restart Now" and "Cancel". Naturally, I assumed that "Restart Now" meant restart Acrobat. Because that's what it means in every other application on my computer, from Firefox and Chrome, to Intellij, to Microsoft Word, to Steam, and so on. In reality, that innocuous looking button immediately restarted my entire computer, without any sort of warning or confirmation prompt. I've twice lost work (from other applications, like my web browser) because I forgot that in Adobe's world, a user is going to want to immediately restart their entire…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You are missing a most basic editing feature: The ability to display additions or deletes to text in a pdf, as in Word's "Track Changes". How does a client see my edits to their document? Really! Will this be rectified?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

14. Please create a functionality to save all tabs with one click. Currently we need to go through every tab to save them. And while at it, close all and print all -functions would come handy too.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We need to set PDFs to open in the browser, however, sometimes the user needs to edit these (such as using Fill & Sign). In this case, the user clicks Fill & Sign, and they are told to download the file and open it.

It would be far easier if the toolbar that's visible when a user opens a PDF in the browser has a simple button where they could open it in whatever app they had set as the default for PDFs (Acrobat Professional, or Reader). Perhaps a button called "Open in Acrobat"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello,

Could you add support for embedding APNG (Animated PNG) inside PDF?

Thank You.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I bought a font that resembles real handwriting, and in order to activate the alternate characters (i.e. type 444 and each 4 looks slightly different), it requires advanced OpenType font settings. MS Word has this, but Adobe Acrobat does not. I believe Indesign does. It would be helpful to have this feature in Acrobat Pro.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My Acrobat DC is randomly crashing and I don't know why. I have unistalled and reinstalled it twice. I have done EVERYTHING on your webpage about fixing crashes. Nothing helps.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This topic has been discussed before, but I want to share one thing the team might find useful.

Now we tell all Acrobat users that Adobe Fill and Sign doesn't support Arabic. But when you look at it, we are able to type Arabic very well on Desktop machines and mobile devices.

On a Mac for instance, as an Adobe CC subscriber, I have to choose English in Preferences for my Acrobat language in order to show [ Fill & Sign, Send and Track, and Send for Signature ] features in Tools workspace. If I go and change Acrobat language…

581 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Classic & Acrobat Pro 2017 the PDF icons on the left are quite large in Portfolio / View /Layout . It would be great if PDF Thumbnails could be enabled like in Windows explorer by checking the preference in General . I realise not all file thumbnails for all types of files could easily be created ( example Excel , Word )etc ..but we combine a lot of PDF secured files into a Portfolio & the thumbnail PDF view would really be a great feature in Portfolio/View / Layout
    Windows 7 Pro 32 bit &…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?