Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

522 results found

1. First my suggestion for Acrobat Pro is work more painstakingly or stock up staff! The CC costs a bunch of money and when working with it, it shows that it doesn't function as sufficient as is should. Especially when it comes to creating/editing more advanced interactive PDFs with Acrobat Pro. The possibility to do that basically is a very mighty and good feature but it doesn't runs as stable as it should.

In my opinion there could/should be a standalone software thats reduced to interactive/form field and layout functions (comparable: InDesign) only. Acrobat Pro is packed full with lots of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please create a preferences setting so that the commenting sidebar opens by default when opening a document. That's what I use 99% of the time, and it's irritating to have to open that up every single time.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have several computers I'm using Creative Cloud on. I can't keep up which is signed in and out. I work a lot with pdf forms. What happens is I'm filling an important form and suddenly Acrobat DC just quits without any warning, not asking whether to save. All work is completely lost and not retrievable! Then I can normally do the sign out from other computers and sign in the current computer (with my Adobe ID), but it's too late, the work is already lost.

It's a terrible problem and should be fixed immediately.

If the user has an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We are looking into this. Meanwhile could you please let us know whether Acrobat which is not signed in quits immediately after launch or after a while. If it quits after a while, could you please let us know the time period say 1 minute or 5 minutes or more which Acrobat takes to quit on launch.

4. Save. 'Save as'. CMD + S. It doesn't matter how I attempt, I cannot save regular PDFs from inside Acrobat. I have to create an 'optimized PDF' in order to save any of my work inside of Acrobat. I have been loving the functionality of the new Acrobat, but now I can't even save. Very frustrating.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am trying to open a pdf form from the Gov. of Canada using Acrobat Pro DC but nothing happens. After double clicking the file, I can see a background process (in task manager) but it doesn't show any activity and the interface doesn't show even after several minutes of waiting. I have tried restarting / repairing installation but same result. Any other document works fine. I have tried opening the same document on another machine with Acrobat reader DC and it opens properly in a few seconds. I have attached the document as well as a screenshot of the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To bookmark text, drag to select it. The selected text becomes the label of the new bookmark ONLY if you use the mouse—using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-B creates a bookmark with a blank name.

Please fix!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. See the heading. How can I update the portfolio index when I have deleted a file from the portfolio?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Hi victorm28962446,

When you delete any file from portfolio, the portfolio index or File list in portfolio get updated automatically, you just need to save the changes made by you.

Hope this will help.

Thansk,

8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I use iCloud Drive for file sharing and iCloud Drive is not listed as an option of connected cloud storage.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We often receive multi-page PDFs of publications initially created in InDesign with a request for updates. In order to make these updates flexibly, we would have to recreate the document indesign and then make the updates.

I seams reasonable to ask Adobe, to create a functionality, where one can convert or export PDF (generated from InDesign document) to .indd InDesign file format.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For enterprise use, it has too many breadcrumbs to learn more and free downloads. For business use and confidentiality, these links need to be easily removed or hidden from view with the customization tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

12. I've created an Acrobat Pro for Named installer (Via Admin Console) for the MacOS 10.12.5. Downloaded and ran the installer. The OS terminated the installer because it was an "Unidentified Developer".

I was able to install it after going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and check OK to install.

The reason I state this issue is most end users will not know what to do. So this needs to be corrected (maybe Apple.com).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide a check off that functions to prevent the OCR from mixing numbers and symbols in words.
    For example: Custodian should not be read Cu&t0d1an - only letters should be recognized in words.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can you provide a "plain English" description on how to create a "batch processing" type Action that can be use on multiple files at once? I have hundreds of files that I need to set open options on and add specific bookmarks to. Trying to do this one at a time is NOT happening. Urgent please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why are text edits confined to the current page? The capability to drag a text block to another page is a must-have. Ability to have text flow to the next page is much needed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Brief title for your desired feature: black and white screens in full screen/presentation mode

How would you like the feature to work?
    like it works in keynote by using a shortcut like cmd+b and cmd+w and MS powerpoint(Shift+B, Shift+W)

Why is this feature important to you?
    Presenting pdfs with the need to black out the presentation on the beamer without having access to the beamers remote.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I read ebooks always and use highlighter tool to highlight uding different colors.   I want the color palette to remain open always when I do.
    so that choosing different colors will be easy

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Does this need explaining? we pay for ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR to create our PDFs then we have to by-pass CREATIVE CLOUD storage and save them in Dropbox in order for DC/Adobe reader to see them and print them. Seems like a very "Microsoft" way to do things. Very stupid. Add CC as a cloud location.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here