Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

522 results found

1. It was very cool in early versions that it was possible to add more toolbars. Its annoying that the space is limited for the extra tools I want to add into the tool bar.
    I would like to ask for adding the ability to add a new-line/toolbar so all the tools I add can be visible without need to expand a menu by clicking on the dots at the right side.

326 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Javascript loops don't function properly when using the variable 'c' as the loop counter, e.g.

for(var c=0;c<10;c++) {
    //this code would run more than 10 times
    }

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have the ability to customize the Cloud Admin Console. It would good to add our PO number and state where the licenses are deployed. Date of purchase. This use to be provided in the regular install Adobe Acrobat Pro.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Open a PDF document with Arabic content.

2. This PDF was generated from InDesign CC2017. Arabic fonts used is a good True Type and OpenType fonts. Macintosh 10.11.2 / Acrobat DC Build: 15.23.20056.213124

3. When exporting to MS Office format, we expect to have a decent conversion as we see with PDFs that has English content.

4. I opened resulted Word document in MS. Word on Windows, Text Edit on Mac, Apple Preview. The result varies, but generally Arabic text doesn't convert properly, most words scrambled and fragmented.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice to have the ability to remove just one footer instead of removing all headers/footers. For example, I work on large publications and would like to be able to leave the different headers and copyright footers for each chapter in place, but be able to update the page numbers. Currently, when I remove or update a header/footer, it effects ALL headers/footers. There should be a menu option to pick and choose which headers/footers to alter.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I keep getting offers to try out Acrobat Pro DC. I install it. It says I have zero days left, since I used my trial when it first came out. Since this is going to be an evergreen product, I'd like to see the "timer" on the trial expire, so that I can see if the newest version is something I'm interested in/features improved, etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently if you accidentally choose to add a watermark on a document that already has one, there is no way to cancel it. You have to either go through the settings and replace it with what is already there or choose a new one. This has happened several times and the only way to get out of it is to end task on Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Using 'Send for Signature' with added signature block. Date does not appear when uploading an image. Unlike type and draw which has the date automatically added under the signature. See tickets #0188780191 and #0188780008 on 3/21/17.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am running Adobe Acrobat DC on a Windows 7 machine with 16GB of RAM and an NVidia NVS 310 Graphics Card. I have no issues regarding visual display or memory with other software. When running Adobe Acrobat DC, I frequently encounter issues where the file/program crashes, giving an error that it is Out of Memory or encountering a Draw Error. This has happened while reading multiple different PDF files, usually after I have been scrolling through the file for a short time. Usually, when this message occurs the page displays as a blank white page, and if I continue…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There should be a score out feature in the "Editing PDFs" window.
    This function is currently only possible via the "comments".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow presenter notes like on power point

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Title says it really. It's simply that there a lot of 'make your own flip books' softwares out there, but they are not well designed and expensive, when this feels like it is a sensible add on to what one can already do with Adobe PDF pro. It's annoying to have to go elsewhere for pdf expertise, as I feel Adobe should be able to smash this themselves.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great if we could manage the default location of the directory that adobe auto opens to save a file to. And for opening previously saved files as well.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently the Bates Numbering option does not allow the user to select folder and subfolders to the window for incorporating Bates Numbering. Users currently have to separate the subfolders onto the desktop and then add each folder separately to the list, once all the folders are added, the functionality can then be operated. However, most of the time users have up to 500 subfolders, so its essential that the subfolders are numbered to that the Bates numbering follows numerically correctly. There are other products that can already do this, so why cant Adobe

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In Adobe X the total number of files was shown on the PDF portfolio. Please include this feature in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Hi Cozie,

Is your query resolved? Are you able to see number of files after adding “Order” coloumn?

Thanks,
    Mridula

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. Can you elaborate on the issues you are facing with Acrobat DC?

16. Simply format support for OpenOffice formats used by OpenOffice and LibreOffice.

This is vital for those that prefer those formats over Microsoft Office formats. While they aren't as fully featured or useful in some cases they are free and open source making them a great alternative to the closed source formats of their Microsoft counterparts. Plus my book features some of these formats and i'm too lazy to convert them over...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Steps to Reproduce:
    1. open acrobat DC
    2. create a PDF from file.
    3. save file
    4. check the original file to see if it has retained it's format and is properly openable.

Environment:
    CPU: Intel i5 6600k @4.3GHz
    RAM: 16gb(2x8gb) G-skill Trident-z @3000MHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 gaming 5

Acrobat Version: 2015.023.20070

Expected result:
    Doing this should bring up a new save dialogue, or the save-as dialogue technically. Then once it is saved it should switch to that file.

Observed Result:
    Doing this overwrote the original file w/o providing a save dialogue.

I have attached the ruined…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add bookmark feature that will mark a whole section of pages in a pdf that can be extracted later as a separate document. This would allow better management of the merging and un-merging multiple pdfs into and out of a larger pdf file. This would be helpful if only one chapter in a pdf file needs to be removed, edited and then replaced.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When using the Recent function to find a previously created PDF it would better that the program searches the entire computer for the file. I scan documents to Desktop first and, when done, move it to the appropriate file. With this new program I have to use other venue to search instead of the convenient Recent function. My older version was able to find the file regardless of where it is saved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?