Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Acrobat Pro DC loads the attached PDF file correctly but when try to edit it gives the error “Adobe Acrobat has encountered an unknown error”.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. unlike in windows 10 (using Acrobat DC and Office 365 in tandem)- I cannot 'send to Onenote' on my MacBook Pro. there is no context menu option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How do I simply create a signature and store it??? You are getting too technical and overlooking the little stuff..

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have been using adobe acrobat pro 9 for over 10 years, and recently I have to switch over to acrobat DC, and find it bizarre.

1. First, the user interface has been completely redesign, not allowing one to switch back to the previous UI.
    2. Also, I find the number of key strokes needed to do a simple task, has greatly increase. I do a lot of cut-and-paste with my old acrobat, and it was convenient. With the new DC, after finally figure out how to do it, it involves a lot more key strokes. A regression!
    3. The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The operator ‘showpage’ should push a piece of paper through the printer; ‘erasepage’ should not. Analogously, erasepage should not add a page to a PDF.

In XI Pro 11.0.21 (26/07/2017), the following code makes a two-page file, the second page being blank. It should be a one-pager. This bug has cost me hours of attempting to debug my PostScript.

%!PS

/Helvetica-Bold 36 selectfont

36 36 moveto (First page) show
    showpage

36 36 moveto (Second page) show
    erasepage

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It's simple. I can't find the add bookmark icon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Quit asking for a person's birthdate for account verification. This is not necessary and only places the customer at more risk. You do not need this specific information to validate eligibility.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. One of our clients is experiencing issues with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. We have an Internet Explorer/ActiveX application in which a user can view PDF files through Internet Explorer's 'Adobe PDF Reader' ActiveX control.

When the user closes the control, Acrobat DC's AcroRd32.exe will close a moment later. If the user opens another PDF document too quickly after closing the first one, this new instance of AcroRd32.exe will not shut down properly even after closing the control.

Adobe Reader DC does not have this issue, but there it appears related to the 'Enable Protected Mode at startup' checkbox under 'Security…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  9 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A patch is urgently needed for Adobe Acrobat Pro XI and DC to overcome Windows' misbehavior vs. Acrobat after the latest update. Acrobat crashes during scan under Windows 10 latest update, often when one scans the first page, but sometimes only after one page or maximum two. I verified that by installing a fresh Windows 10 Enterprise, checked that Acrobat works; then Windows 10 was updated to the latest version and Acrobat scan stopped working on TWO different computers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Please get back to us if you face any other issue.
    Thanks.

10. When exporting PDF's or trying to save any document for the first time, the SAVE AS option is not working. It just turns white and gets stuck in limbo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adobe Acrobat used to have a feature to darken text. What happened?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. in the new versions of Adobe, the browse for folder function - to open or save a file - is useless. Contrast it to every other conventional windows application, looking more like Windows Explorer where you can easily navigate to a folder, subfolder, file - but in Adobe, it immediately requires scrolling down, then selecting, scrolling down more, selecting a subfolder, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Upgraded to the MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and can no longer open any documents in Adobe or open Adobe Acrobat at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Downloaded Adobe Acrobat Pro v. 17 purchased via order 142075619 on a MacPro desktop running OS 10.9.5 (Maverick). I used the serial number posted. Near the end of the installation process it says that it cannot be completed because of an error. But it does not explain what error it is. Checked disk for permission problems, tried again, same error. I am at a loss because the installer does not identify the error.
    Please advice how to proceed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi, I found a hang in current release Adobe Acrobat DC (2017.012.20095) when working with Microsoft Outlook on the Mac OS X. I've reproduced on two different Mac models with different versions of the OS. (10.12.6 and 10.12.4) and different versions of Outlook (15.37 and 15.28). This started happening very recently so the problem has to be in a recent update and I think it is because we upgraded Acrobat to the latest on the effected machines.

Steps to reproduce primarily setup related. We heavily use the Share menu so that we can mail PDF files quickly as they are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have created a PDF file from an Excel Workbook. Each tab in the workbook has a range name that is in the "rows to repeat at top". I have a table of contents that hyperlinks to each of these range names in each worksheet. When the PDF is created, sometimes a worksheet will become 2 pages. The hyperlink shows at the top of both pages (because it is in the "rows to repeat at top"). When I click on the hyperlink in my table of contents, it always goes to the range name in the second page rather than…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The field view is entirely too small to manually edit tab order. This should either be a separate pane or perhaps a pop-out window. I easily have over 100 fields on one page and it's impossible to order them as I need to (by column, within a section or rows of fields). Default tab ordering structures (By Row, By Column) are not useful here. Need more flexibility to set tab order manually.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

I have forwarded your request to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization. We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

18. Creating mobile friendly PDF forms.

You're Welcome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Closing this for now until we have further info on the request.
    Can revisit later

19. I am using Adobe Acrobat on a Surface Pro 2. The scaling is horrible, with dialog boxes too big for the screen and options inaccessible. I gather the height of the Surface Screen is not within your specification. Please can you enhance the dialog boxex so they display fully on the screen. I also use Captivate and this is fine. Dialog boxes display properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need pages to continuously scroll and not jump one to the next.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?