Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The latest version is taking too much time while saving the file. Sometime the latest version gets corrupted after saving. We fill that the older version was better.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have spent the past few months troubleshooting with HP Technicians and have determined that there is a bug when trying to print double-sided documents in Acrobat Pro (DC) using a HP OfficeJet 8710 printer on a Mac. The documents print reverse meaning that for a 3-page document, pages 2 and 3 print double-sided on one sheet of paper while page 1, prints separately. This does not occur with any other HP printers

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

Hi,

Please provide the following information to reproduce the issue at our end:
    1. Your OS version
    2. Installed Acrobat/Reader version
    3. Printer drivers and model
    4. Sample PDF document on which you have observed this issue.

Thanks
    Ritesh

4. When I use the Google Drive File Picker in Adobe Sign and trying to search, the result is always blank. The same search in Google Drive shows the files I'm looking for.
    macOS 10.12.6 using Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90.
    The problem occurs on different adobe sign accounts and different laptops.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Amboo Srivastava responded

We apologise for the issue you are facing. We need some more information from you to be able to investigate this further:
    1. Do you see a completely blank file picker dialog? Or you see the file list but search returns 0 results in Google Drive files?
    2. Can you please try quitting all Chrome browser instances (check that no Chrome instance is running in activity monitor) and then re-try?
    3. Do you observe the same on Windows too?

Thanks,
    -amboo

5. I can see certain documents were created in MS Word with simple follow on/flowing text and standard paragraph styles ie no **** text boxes. Even with the export options turned off, Acrobat does this incredibly annoying export to text boxes where it is simply run-on (flowing) text. You then have to extract the text, box by box to get the document to be in an editable form. Even exporting to rtf has similar issues. Exporting to plain text means you have to format.

In the end, you waste valuable time either extracting the text or having to reformat the text…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This product will not operate a printer. There needs to be a print option that works.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

You can use this email address to send the PDF file: rite@adobe.com

Also If you could, please also attach the snapshots of printed documents with contains “codes at the top or bottom”.

Have you tried a different printer?

Regards,
    Ritesh

7. Allow an option to extract a part of a PDF page and save as a new file so it is a new file only showing what you want. This would be similar to cropping and then print to PDF the cropped page to eliminate the extra file size. The key is to keep the original file resolution / clarity.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi James

You can extract complete page/pages using the pages app. Once extracted you can crop the new file as per your needs. This would maintain the original file resolution / clarity as required by you.
    Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards
    Vivek

8. The option to clear all the fields on a form has been removed. I have a form that I re-use for various jobs, and now I must manually clear all of the fields in the form in order to fill it out afresh. The deletion of this feature irritates me mightily.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Hi,

We would like to know, how were you using “clear all fields” option? Was it a button or a menu item?

Refer: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-properties.html#actions_tab_for_form_field_properties

Reader cannot “Edit/Modify” PDF and hence “Reset Form” is not available in Reader. As long as you didn’t save the form (as you mentioned), you can use the following command in Acrobat Reader: File > Revert.

“Clear Form/Reset Form” can only be added via Acrobat. You can ask the author of the form to add a button using Form Fields Properties > Actions > Reset Forms.
    And, if you are the author, you can clear it from Tools > Prepare Forms > More Options > Clear Form.

I hope this resolves your issue. If not, please share details for more information.

9. Our county's superior court system requires that we e-file all documents into the court; upon filing a document with the system ("LINX"), LINX timestamps it.

This doesn't work with a certified e-signed document, because Adobe locks the document from future editing. If I try to e-file a certified copy, LINX immediately rejects the file, because of course LINX can't timestamp it.

I'm forced to print out the file, physically scan it again, and e-file the document that I had e-signed in the first place! Am I missing a checkbox somewhere that I can check, to force Adobe to allow editing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Molly, Kevin,

Thanks for writing to us.

From what I understand, you require your PDF to be digitally signed again, after you have shared it after certifying and digitally signing by your signature? Can you please try these steps and see if this is what you require:

1. Open PDF in Acrobat DC. From Tools→ select ‘Prepare form’ app and click Start. Add (at least) 2 signature fields from top toolbar and save the document
    2. Right click on the first signature field and select ‘Certify with visible signature’. In the Certify Document dialog that comes up, under ‘Permitted Actions After Certifying’, select ‘Form fill-in and digital signatures’
    3. Now sign the document by adding your signature
    4. Send the document to LINX now

Does this solve your problem? Please let us know.

Thanks,
    -amboo

10. DC Pro is totally unreliable, whether creating a pdf, trying to access a pdf or saving the program displays "DC Pro not responding. Happens very frequently making the program useless. Have worked with support 3 times no resolve. Occurs on both my WIN10 and WIN7 computers, never had a problem with ver 7 through 10. Pay lots for DC team but will have to look for another vendor.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm trying to delete pages from a multi page document in Docman (PCTi Solutions) with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I am not getting the delete option unless I check the full document out onto my desktop, edit it there, drop it back into Docman and delete the original. I want to amend the original not delete it. What an I missing??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi Karen

This looks like an issue with Docman. Did you try getting in touch with their support team?
    If they need any help from Adobe in adding some functionality, they can contact us through corporate channels.

Please let us know if you still need help.

Thanks
    Vivek

12. When I send emails with PDF's as attachments, the PDF's are not showing up in the email at the recipient's end. Word and XL doc's , etc. work just fine... WTF?!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am not sure if this is an Acrobat issue. But still, are you facing this issue with any particular email client?

13. If you have the "new" DC Reader...get rid of it.
    it's slow.
    it's choppy.
    The phrase "Not Responding" shows up more than a taxi in New York City.
    This has got to be the crappiest Adobe product I've ever had the displeasure of working with.
    I've told my company's IT department to start looking for something else.
    Acrobat Reader DC is pure American ****.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I suggest you update your Reader to the latest version and if you still face any issues please elaborated them and allow us to help you.

14. Signature Created in Adobe Fill and Sign Mobile App is not available in Desktop Version of Acrobat. Signatures are not getting synced. Even though the Adobe ID is same.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologise for the issue you are facing. We are however not able to reproduce it.

Can you please try the following steps and let us know your results:
    1. On Desktop, sign out from Reader/Acrobat
    2. On Mobile, sign in with your Adobe id, create a signature/initials and wait for sometime (for signature to sync). Try to sign a simple PDF document
    3. On Desktop, launch Reader/Acrobat, sign in now, open a PDF and go to Fill &Sign app. Open a simple PDF and try to add signature/initials now. Do you still not see the signature created on mobile? Please let us know

Thanks
    -amboo

15. Whenever a digital signature field is added, we do not get the option to duplicate it. This would be very helpful in cases where same person has to sign on multiple pages in a document.
    At present, it is giving the option to duplicate across pages, however, it is not working nor it is giving any error message.
    Please include this feature in Acrobat, or grey out the duplicate across pages option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, this looks like a bug. Can you please let us know which Acrobat version you are on?

Thanks,
    -Amboo

16. Adobe cc fails to sign in at startup, but when it is signed in opening an adobe dc attachment still fails to sign in to use signature.

Windows 10 pro (64 bit) running on a dell xps 15" 4k screen 2017 laptop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologise for the issue you are facing. Are you still having this issue?

After you have signed-in in CC and launch Acrobat, you need to wait for a few seconds before the signing-in process completes in Acrobat.

Thanks,
    -Amboo

17. please review your software, it keeps crashin on my iMac, just rubbish product

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please make it possible to Roam the User's login from PC to PC in a networked environment. My users sometimes move from desk to desk so it is frustrating to have the users login/logout every time they go to a new PC. We would like them to be able to log in once and then be auto-logged into every other machine they sign on to with their networked login (roaming profile).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Benjamin

Please take a look at the solution provided by Ravi below and let us know if this solves your problem.

Thanks,
    -Amboo

19. 文字入力が出来ません。次のようなメッセ-ジが表示されます。「要求された操作を完了できません。テキストエンジンを初期化できません。」

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tsutomu,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please share a PDF document which you are using to rite@adobe.com

Please also mention your Acrobat version.

regards,
    Ritesh

• Don't see your idea?