Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. It used to work fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now I get the following popup "Adobe Acrobat cannot start the image editing application you've specified. Verify the image editing application location on the Content Editing panel in Preferences". I did as instructed...and added the path to MS Paint program. I restarted the Adobe DC several times, but keep getting the same popup. Every time I go to check the Preferences, it shows the correct path. Adobe just fails to open MS Paint.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  amukherj responded

Happy to share that this issue has been addressed in the latest release (Sep 2022)

2. Trimakasih

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It's been over ten years since I sold the tech company I owned for 22 years. I've been enjoying retirement...until about a month ago! A friend recruited me to help convert some hard copy documents, produced in the mid-eighties, and make them into accessible PDF files. She knew I had some background in technology and specifically with creating PDFs from paper. The documents were going to be part of a new web site about the history of ADA! Given the nature of the site, the documents needed to be accessible! I downloaded Acrobat Pro DC (and a couple of screen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John,
    Thank you for such a overwhelming feedback. We appreciate your contribution in helping us provide better services to our customers.
    Please check out the latest updates in Acrobat Pro DC for new features.

Thanks
    Rachit

4. How do I save a doc?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please implement a recycling bin for Adobe Document Cloud. I accidentally deleted some PDFs and now I can't retrieve them no more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With the newest update, F2 (used universally for renaming across every other PC/Windows program/functionality) was changed to a help function that brings up an Adobe Internet help site.

F1 is used universally for help, and no one needs that much access to Adobe help pages.

F2 should be returned to renaming. Ctrl-F2 is a ridiculous and difficult change for renaming and it's the worst idea ever.

I remediate hundreds of PDFs for accessibility, and having to make a more complicated keystroke to rename tags is a huge problem.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi Team
    Please include with Table Control, the option of reading table header with each column value so that it can become easy for person who is trying to understand the contents read
    Also it would be better if user can read a hidden column

Thanks and Regards,
    Manoj Prithiani

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.
    Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

8. use of Acrobat DC must be seamless across operating systems, browsers, and devices. seamless interoperability = efficiency. Proprietary in-fighting between apple, microsoft, and google needs to stop. Why not work together for the benefit of all?The business models need to change. For example, "accessibility" of apps needs to be independent of browser, OS, and device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please switch off "Please wait while the document is being prepared" displayed each time I open a document. This feature is necessary only for selected users and hampers very much typical program use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since the issue is resolved for you, I believe we can close on this now. Also, we would try to improve the experience for you on your suggestions in the coming future.
    Please feel free to contact us in case of any issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

10. It would be great if from within Adobe Document Cloud we could make copies of PDFs. Currently the workflow that was described to me from tech support was that I would have to download the PDF then upload another copy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. None of the fixes or downloads work to enable the single-click email like there was in the older versions. The link in https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/send-email-attachment.html requires too many permissions and my company won't let me download it. PLEASE JUST CHANGE IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Could you please use the following registry file to switch to older email experience:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown]
    “bSendMailShareRedirection”=dword:00000000

I hope this helps, please let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,
    Arvind

12. I'm having an accessibility issue that may be a bug with Acrobat or InDesign, or a combination of both. I have a single page of show notes for a podcast. Paragraph styles are used, export tagging is set, and order is laid out in the articles pannel. Upon export and listening with the NVDA screen reader, the reading order is correct, but the bulleted list of links is just read as "bullet, bullet, bullet, etc." without the accompanying text, and the links are skipped. You can tab through the links, but instead of identifying the object as a link, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI,
    I checked the issue reported by you. I would like to inform you that the bullets and the links tags are not tagged properly as can be seen in Tags panel in Acrobat.

Please report this issue to Indesign.

Thanks
    Rachit

13. When I used to create PDFs from Word documents in Windows 7, the PDF would automatically inherit the Title, Subject, and Author properties.

In Windows 10/Acrobat Pro 17 this is no longer the case. All of these fields are blank.

I don't know if this is a change in Acrobat or Word (Office 365), but it's a major pain to set these properties manually every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We can use "Enter" to go to the next result when finding text in a PDF, but there is no keyboard shortcut to go to the previous result. I expected "Shift+Enter" to go the previous result, following the convention of using "Shift+<Key>" to navigate backwards, but instead, "Shift+Enter" just goes to the next result.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's a shame, that Acrobat makes it such a harmfully experience to lower the filesize of a pdf (coming from photoshop Artboard to PDF Export), that actually does nothing!

Filesize goes from 18 MB to 17,5 MB or something (if it even works without errors you can't debug because you can't do something about it).

In the end I have to buy and use third party tools like pdf squeezer (for mac).
    One click, and it shrinks the 18 MB to 600 KB! Without lowering the quality!!

Adobe please work on your UI for Acrobat Pro.
    Or even better: Work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The latest version of InDesign exports PDF's in which most all the tagged content is in an Xobject container, making accessibility remediation MUCH MORE DIFFICULT. This is a huge step backwards. Attached are two examples, from the same client, annual reports- last year's was fine, this year's has all the xobject issues. Please advise, help, fix, something!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Watermark will not add to documents. Been like this for a few weeks. Maybe y'all could come up with a fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please provide an option to keep a stamp selected to use multiple times in a row. For instance, I use stamps to place checkmarks on documents and I have to click the stamp each time I want to place it as it deselects after every placement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You can achieve this by pin tool option.
    Please find the steps:
    -Open any PDF
    -Load comment app
    -Click on Stamp tool icon and then click on any stamp —> Stamp gets selected
    -Click on the pin tool icon(see the attached snapshot for reference)
    -Now apply stamp, it will not get deselected.

Kindly let us know if it helps or you need more info.

Regards,
    Arvind Yadav

19. Why default to yellow text on white background? It's impossible to read. Personally, some DARK themes would be desirable, i.e. yellow text on black background. Is a SIMPLE link to change SETTINGS in this regard?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Excellist version: microsoft office Home and Business 2019 Ver. 1911
    Adobe Acrobat DC 2019.021.20061

1 vote