Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. reader dc problem (0:521)

swedish adobe reader dc often stops with text 'Det uppstod ett problem med Adobe Acrobat/Reader Avsluta programmet och försök på nytt om det körs (0:521)'
    this is in a webapplication thet gets invoice pdfs from a webserver and present them inbedded in Internet explorer. next time on the same pdf works fine. it occurs when changing from one pdf to next.

Windows 10, IE 11

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable Recent Files Option

When closing out of Adobe, please make it possible to disable File Lists window. If I'm closing a document and there's no others open, I would like to not have to close another window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. *Urgent* unable to edit/remove/review auto-fill content

I am unable to review, edit or remove auto-fill suggestions in Adobe Acrobat, when trying to 'Fill & Sign' the form. I tried all possible options and auto-fill keeps popping up. It is showing some previous personal and sensitive content that needs to be removed. Your support agents say that's impossible. Is this even legal that users can't delete private content showing in the software?? I don't think so.
    I also tried turning it off: Edit>Prefrences>Forms>Auto-Complete>Off, but it's not working, it stays on. And I am unable to edit entry list too.
    Can this be sorted or I have to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

In order to delete the contents of the auto-fill, please follow the below steps :

• Go to https://cloud.acrobat.com/ and sign in with your credentials.
    • At the top right corner of the screen, you will see an dropdown with your username on it.
    • Click it and go to Settings.
    • Now you can either stop the auto fill suggestions by unchecking the “Suggest words….” checkbox or you simply press Clear All button and will clear all the auto fill entries which has been stored in your account.
    Please let me know in case of any concerns.
    Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

4. recently closed tab list

When opening/working with several documents, closing the wrong document causes stress to find that one document again in the Mac Finder/Windows Explorer/email application/…

My suggestion is to implement a 'recently closed'-button, similar as the Vivaldi or Opera browsers implemented. This way, all recently closed documents are nicely listed together with the current open documents. This makes retrieving recent actions more easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PDF Maker for Acad 2017 and higher

When is PDF Maker going to be available for Autocad 2017 and higher?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Preferences Searchable

It would be nice to be able to search the preferences. ALL the Adobe products have over 20 organized "tabs" to find the settings you are looking for, but it still makes it too hard to find the settings you are looking for. You need to update this to be more like current software with a way to search for the settings, like Google Chrome or Vivaldi browsers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can you add a feature that locks fill-in form fields?

I built a fill-in form using a PDF template. Turns out the PDF displayed incorrectly for one of my users, so I created a replacement template PDF. When I switched it out, all my fill-in form fields significantly moved. Would love a feature that would allow the fields to be locked before replacing template. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. dark theme for viewing a pdf

acrobat should have themes for viewing a pdf like all the other pdf readers. I have Xodo for windows 10 and reading a pdf on it is much preferred then acrobat. I can select dark mode and it turns the background of the pages to dark and I can read at night without eye strain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    You should change the setting and reopen the document. I tried the same on few files and this is working fine.
    Moreover, we have taken you request for this and kept it in our radar. We’ll implement it in our future releases.

Thanks
    Rachit

9. As an admin, in need of an on demand usage report to show when user was first issued, first and last time license was used.

As an admin, in need of an on demand usage report to show when user was first issued, first and last time license was used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Accessibility Checker fails Radio buttons and checkboxes

Accessibility Checker fails:
    Check boxes (Tagged form fields - Failed)
    Radio buttons (Tagged annotations - Failed)
    InDesign copy changes, Acrobat Reading order missing tags.

Using MacOS High Sierra V 10.13.6.
    Previous files, InDesign 2018 Export Adobe PDF Interactive Passed the checker. Same file open in newer version InDesign 2019 Export Adobe PDF Interactive fails.

Not sure if the problem is with Acrobat or Indesign. This is happening with all my files. If I take a new Indesign file with no interactive functions and create them in InDesign 2019 everything passes.

There is a bug somewhere!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make the toolbar disappear

It will be easier to use and user will get a wide angle while reading if u make the menu bar the toolbar the bookmarks menu and the right menu bar to disappear and be only visible when the pointer focus it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatically open the appropriate navigation tab after initial display properties are changed. I hate having to open it myself.

When I change the initial view to display the pages or bookmarks panel and click OK, I wish the program would automatically open the appropriate panel for me instead of having to do it myself. It's almost easier to close the file and re-open it than it is to go open the panel myself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Leased Acrobat

Can I use my leased Acrobat subscription on my cellphone? How would I go about that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. please have a notification when updates are available, when the autoupdater is turned off

Supply an update required notification for users who wish not to use the auto update function

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Payment

My Employee whose Credit Card was given for monthly payments has left and adobe payment was failed. I have added a new credit card but don't know how the payment will be charged to that new card.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Accessibility - Table Cell Splitting/size bug

In making large, complex tables accessible, I have repeatedly come across multiple cells that I have drawn with the cell button on the reading order panel, that either include more than one cell, or create one cell that is so large that I cannot select any cells beneath it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Acrobat Reader DC New Update Screwed my Monitor

Automatic update today changed my monitor background from blue to green, and not in a good way. I'm using Win 10. The picture went from HD to the worst screen I've ever seen. It looks lined or ridged like corduroy fabric. It has the same effect on all my programs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adobe prompting "Are you sure this file is from a trustworthy source" every time you print to PDF from Outlook

Ever since the latest update Adobe is prompting "Are you sure this file is from a trustworthy source" every time you print to PDF from Outlook

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Why is my computer screen so bright?

The screens are way too bright? Why don't we add a button that makes it brighter and dimmer? That way we can change the brightness.
    Thank you for you attention!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. program crashing when using fill and sign

every time i use fill and sign the program crashes.
    have had online adobe team fix multiple times (which takes hours)
    the problem will go away and then come back a month later . i have asked multiple times what the issue is with no explanation.
    i am using a brand new HP Pavillion Core i7 desk top.
    i will be cancelling my subscription and finding another means of completing my work documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base