Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Expect it to generate jpeg file on export or save as with jpeg filetype. It doesn't generate anything but doesn't give an error message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It's good for those of us who utilize Document Cloud and Creative Cloud to have the startup window with access to these files. However, if you close all of the PDFs you have open, this window is no where to be found unless you quit and restart the application (unless it's hiding somewhere in a menu, but why would that be?).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Over and over waste time downloading and trying to install patch to file C:\config.msi\PT56F8.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no, longer be modified by this patch. This error comes from Adobe Updater, and has occurred repeatedly over the past several months. Nuisance time waster, and BIG interruption of task in progress. Would appreciate correcting sloppy programming.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. when doing a calculation in a form like
    A1B1=C1
    with given standard values A1=2, B1=3 resulting in a field with calculation result of 6 (from 2x3=6) you get mistakes in a new calculation when you
    - copy the three field
    - rename them to D1, E1 and F1 and
    - change the standard values and the calculation to D1=3, E1=4
    - change the calculation to D1
    E1 with result 12
    the shown form is still A1*B1=C1 values in both lines

This is a bug that should be solved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Closing this for now until we have further info on the request.
    Can revisit later

5. Because of my dyslexia, I would benefit from Adobe reading the text aloud as I scan the words. But it never works! How can I get the “Read Aloud” function to work?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In a preferences option such that the Tools pane (on right hand sight of document window) will or will not display on PDF file open.

his will save time for what I anticipate is a large percentage of users that open PDF documents to read / comment without necessarily using the tools pane on RH side of the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The current Adobe plugin for Outlook 2016 works very well when creating portfolios from a group of emails. I'm able to add as many emails as I want to a single portfolio and the ability to append them when more emails come in is excellent. But these portfolios can only be added to from Outlook. It is important that I am able to add files to these Outlook portfolios without having to email them to myself first.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for your request. But this is as designed behavior because non-email PDF files won’t have fields like To:, From:, etc. which will create inconsistency in the PDF Portfolio.
    So the workaround would be to email those files and convert/append to portfolios.

Thanks
    Tanvi

8. Currently, if you PDF a document and added the current Protection features in order to stop it from being converted back to Word. You can actually upload it to many PDF to Word converters on the internet and it will convert the PDF document back to Word without asking for the password. So a better security feature is needed. Especially for company sensitive documents that I want to PDF, protect and stop anyone from converting back to word.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  cdas responded

Dear User,

While implementing password protection, Acrobat warns user that ,third party apps may not honor the permissions that are being set on the file. Please open the file in Acrobat/Reader itself to honor the permissions.
    Or you can protect the document with certificate .

9. Acrobat Standard DC (stand-alone) should not be trumped with Creative Cloud Acrobat Pro subscription!!!! We use acrobat on a daily basis and bought the software for 4 computers. We bought and share 3 design software licenses because Adobe made this Creative Cloud for Teams thing. But when someone doesn't have a license, they can't use acrobat standard! Not good.... and a waste of money!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. (See attachment)
    It would be great to be able to grab and pull the left edge of the FIELDS pane over to the left to widen it. Some of the text field names can be very long and can look identical to others unless you can see the whole title. (I know you can hover over the title to see the full text but that only seems to work intermittently, and is time-consuming).
    Also, when scrolling up and down or when trying to grab and move titles to rearrange the tab order, it's easy to get confused and lose your…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

I have forwarded your request to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization. We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

11. When adding a watermark to a .pdf file in Acrobat 10, such as "For Draft Review", it would be nice to prevent another Acrobat user from removing the watermark while retaining the ability to still have operable links, such as the Table of Contents or figure references.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Could you please re-add in the option to select which toolbars you wish to see on the menu bar area of the program? I am sick of having to click out of my document, look for the right option, and then search for what I want to do. I used to have my regularly used toolbars selected at the top of the screen, so I didn't have to go searching for them. This creates a lot of wasted clicks, time and effort on the part of the user. This is by far the worst version of Acrobat I've ever used,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Just to expand the thought above. Many people are online searching for ways to do this. I was told in an Adobe chat that it was not possible. You all are brilliant -- can't you make it possible?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Once every few weeks Acrobat Pro X, which I install as part of CS6 for Windows, crashes and stops working. It crashes when I try to open random files. After that it stops working and I need to reinstall it. It happened on two different computers, one running Windows 7 and one Windows 10.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why can we not set a default font in our editing tool. One already seems to be the default, but I can't change it.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I open a file and go into fullscreen (e.g. by clicking the green expand button in the corner) the screen changes as expected. Then if I switch screens and return back to my fullscreen view the screen is no longer filled with the application but instead I get the regular size and black bars on top and bottom.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adobe Reader XI was given a 64 bit IE plugin in patch 11.0.7, but the 64 bit IE plugin has not been included with Adobe Acrobat XI.

1. 64 bit IE plugin - required to run IE 11 with Enhanced Protected Mode
    2. Include the same 64 bit IE plugin, that was added to Adobe Reader XI in patch 11.0.7, to Adobe Acrobat XI
    3. Verified in Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2
    4. When IE 11 is configured with Enhanced Protected Mode, sites that are in the Trusted Zone open in a 32-bit process and will use the 32 bit IE plugin. Sites…
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Since last update of Adobe Acrobat Std/Pro, our engineers are not able to sign drawings cause now a predifined rectangle appears which is way too large. People have to sign at the right side of the drawings (DIN A0) with a very small rectangle. You have now to place the new predefined rectangle where top left corner have to fit with top left corner of drawing field. Therefor, you have to zoom out the document to be able to place the rectangle. That way, it's hard to see if you sign the right field at the drawing. Signing hundreds of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. remove the DC function from acrobat DC so users cannot access cloud files. this is a grave security risk. the feature has to an option at installation time so a user cannot switch it on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?