Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

783 results found

1. Acrobat X Pro had this feature. Our company started to rely on it. Now that we've upgraded to Acrobat Pro DC, it is gone. It seems to me that we aren't the only company that ran into this problem. Could you kindly add this feature back in the next update to Acrobat Pro DC?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Vishal Gupta responded

The feature for use of JDF in print workflows was removed in Acrobat XI Pro due to dramatic lack of interest and use by Acrobat users.
    Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.”

2. Paste in Place function. It's nothing new and Acrobat had it til recent versions. I work in a production atmosphere where sometimes we have to add bleed tabs and make minor edits for printing. It's extremely time consuming now to move the tab around and make it line up perfectly. It would be a more efficient program if you added it back in.
    Also we used to able to export and import doc info. It would save a tremendous amount of time instead of hand-entering all the info. We sometimes deal with 100's of files to create 1 book.
    As…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Thank you for your reply to my previous post to this topic a few hours ago:

"Hi
    Can you please be more specific about which menu are you facing the issue with?"

Maybe its better not to remove the post before letting me answer.

The issue covers all drop-down-menus (top menu bar) and Sub-menus and also sidebars just as 'Page editing' including tools.

By now now we have around 120 licences and almost every user has reported problems navigating through the program due to low contrast between text and Background.

We hope this Problem will be fixed by an update…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

4. I mean come on... If the Acrobat Reader the free version has the multiple tabbed pdf's in one window then why doesn't the Acrobat Pro DC have it? It's frustrating.

I have the classic version 2015.006.30280, which is licensed and bought. Just doesn't make sense to not have the option.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I've added new "Custom command" -> Inspect document -> Text to Curves

I've added that Custom Command to Quick tools toolbar.
    The idea was that i have one click text to curves button.
    After clicking indeed the text changes to curves, BUT when you click save icon, it goes disabled (as if you'd think you saved the file). Yet if you reopen the file the text is text not curves.

It only works if you go Save AS and then choose your file once again but it defeats the purpose of having custom command. It's then easier to just add…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have Adobe Document Cloud service disabled in the environment. But users uses Fill & Sign function in Acrobat to sign PDF files.
    Looking for an option so that Signature created using Fill & Sign function can be exported or imported so that the user do not have to create e-signature on every machine he goes to. This option is available with cloud service and need a manual function to do it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have this feature available when you are signed in. We will keep you updated in case this feature is implemented in the future.

7. I would like the addition of a checkmark within the drawings tool. I find the new highlighter blob tool kind of clunky, and I'd much prefer to use the drawing markup tools when I need to highlight objects. But right now, with the drawing markup tool I have to reduce the opacity, in order to get the object below to show through. I'd like the Drawing Markup Tools to actually be able to highlight the objects, using the highlight blending mode as the Highlighter tool does.

Please add a checkmark at the top of the color picker that for "Highlight"

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I was told I had no products. I entered the 24 digit # of my Acrobat product and was told: This serial number has already been registered. Products can only be registered once.
    What's wrong with this picture?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This is a bug report relating to the Acrobat XI Pro Preflight program.

I have attached two files as an example.
    SOURCE_OUT01.PDF - This file contains a single bookmark linking to page 3 in DESTINATION.PDF
    DESTINATION.PDF - The is the target file of the bookmark located in SOURCE.PDF

Acrobat XI Pro has no problem using the bookmark. Opening SOURCE_OUT01.PDF and clicking on the bookmark successfully opens DESTINATION.PDF and goes to page 3.

The problem is that running (Preflight -> PDF analysis -> Report PDF syntax issues) on SOURCE_OUT01.PDF gives the following error:

Incorrect value type for array element at index…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

Closing this request, As there is no plan to fix this bugs in Acrobat XI.
    Please feel free to ask if you have any query.
    Thanks.

10. Transcribe video to be CC useble inside Premire Pro

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Ammar responded

User did not responded to the query.

11. When using MS Project 2013 all the task bars on the gantt chart do not print on pdf. All bars are show in print preview but not on pdf

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for your response. In case you switch to previous editor and face same issue we would be happy to help you.

Best Regards!

12. Please incorporate the function for using "hidden", so hiding Pages for Adobe Static form's PDF can be used. Currently you can only use this option for Adobe Dynamic xml form's, This will allow users to be able to use commenting. ie. "Stamps" when extended to Adobe reader, Save option is used.

Put it in a small UpDate

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Closing this for now until we have further info on the request.
    Can revisit later

13. Compatibility problem between Acrobat Pro and Indesign when using an interactive pdf create on In design.
    I have created buttons and checkbox on a document about indesign that I record in pdf interactive.
    When I open it on acrobat, I click on the checkboxes, the button disappears well. However, when I uncheck the box this button does not reappear, while the parameters are entered in indesign (show / hide the buttons and forms).
    I think this is a bug related to Acrobat Pro.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Closing this for now until we have further info on the request.
    Can revisit later

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I would like to let you know that we do not support active development on Acrobat 11 now since Acrobat 11 is at End of Life.
    Let me know for any issue that you face with Acrobat DC.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

15. need command line to install Adobe acrobat XI Pro silently from cmd

anybody can help me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Every time I scan in a new document, the thumbnails open and takes up half the screen. Please make a way to turn this option off permanently. This is one of the most annoying new parts of the last upgrade.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  rishusha responded

No response from customer. The required info was not provided.Closing the issue.

17. Please forward to your designers:

Your OCR and optimization settings are all guesswork and generally produce counter-intuitive results in terms of image quality and file size.

Not only are the results counter-intuitive, it seems there is no combination of settings which does not create a fuzzy mess of the text.

Adobe is incomprehensibly inept at handling its own creation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  rishusha responded

NO response from customer for three months. Closing the thread.

18. Really, like less than a week? And it wouldn’t even open the .pdf I needed to read. I had to go get some off-brand software to get the job done. Apparently Adobe isn’t worth the trouble it used to be, and you think I would consider buying. ****, based on this experience, I wouldn’t even recommend to my IT department for them to buy for me.

You have a good day, and update your resumes.

Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 2:53 PM
    To: sehangen@gmail.com
    Subject: Your trial is over, but you can still keep…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Under Windows 8.1 using Acrobat Pro 10.1.16 when you create a new bookmark and manually type in the bookmark name it now adds a blank space at the end of the text. It did not do this under Windows 7. This is a problem when I split the document by bookmarks because now there is always a blank space before the file extension, i.e. "bookmark1 .pdf". I believe this to be a problem under Windows 10 too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As stated in the title, Acrobat is repeatedly seizing window focus and popping back on top of the other windows when it opens another file.

This even happens when running actions on an entire folder of pdfs.

I have been running a set of action sequences on a folder of about 400 files for the last few days.

My original intention was to start the sequence and then continue to work on other portions of the project while the pdf's were modified and saved.

Instead, acrobat grabs the mouse and keyboard back every time it opens the next file (about…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?