Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

111 results found

1. THE SIDE BARR USE TOO MUCH SCREEN SPACE.
    COULD BE VERY HELP FULL WHEN IM USING A SURFACE TABLET

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please update to the latest version to enjoy the new features. Go to Help —> check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

2. For the highlight function, there should be the ability to change colors easily. Right now the process is cumbersome and time-consuming. When I have to be able to access my highlighted test for citations, it would be wonderful to be able to export to word documents with a click.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi
    Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (21.001.20135) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html
    Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
    Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,
    Arvind

3. If Use single key accelerators is selected in options, then when using the add text button of the Fill & Sign tool, cannot type letters, only numbers will appear. Instead, letters pressed will be used to select other tools.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please update to the latest version to enjoy the new features. Go to Help —> check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

4. With Accessibility Checker, I think there is a bug - the title was flagged as an issue. I took all the steps to correct this but it continues to come up as an issue when I use the checker. I've recreated the issue twice. I'm on a Mac, OS Sierra v10.12, MS Word v15.38, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This problem has been happening since the 2017 updates. Yesterday I did a clean install of Windows 10 for another issue, and the problem persists even after re-installing Windows and CC.

Steps:
    1. Open a PDF file.
    2. Open "Print Production" -> "Convert Colors"
    3. Under "Matching Criteria" select "Color Type -> Spot Colors"
    4. Click "OK"

Then Acrobat Crashes for me every time, on every PDF file I try.

I use this feature a lot because our equipment is CMYK Digital, and we often get files with Spot Colors submitted for printing.

I am assuming this is a but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nick,

We addressed this issue in our latest patch. So i request you to please update your Acrobat and try again. If problem persists please let us know.

Thanks

6. Steps to reproduce:
    Close and re-open Adobe Acrobat. Issue observed after most recent version update. Issue occurs if the Tools Pane isn't shown when Adobe Acrobat starts (View > Show/Hide > Tools Pane).

Environment:
    Windows 10 and Windows 7
    Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017

Expected result:
    Third party quick tool should display based on settings in the Customize Quick Tools options menu.

Observed result:
    Third party quick tool missing until the Tools Pane is opened.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  amukherj responded

It was Implemented so keeping it that way. Resolved may not necessarily mean Implemented.

7. I am on Acrbat DC 2018.009.20044. There is addon for Firefox, name Adobe Acrobat 18.0.2. In the options of this add on we have "Allow Adobe Acrobat for Firefox to send anonymous usage information to Adobe for product improvement purposes". This option is not working and the stat is sending every time, doesn't matter if is on or off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We’ve fixed this issue in our latest update. You could manually update Acrobat/Reader, if your product is not auto updated.
    Help Menu > Check for updates.

Best Regards!

8. Following a recent upgrade to DC from XI, I have an issue with images in .docx files not being rendered by PDFMaker.

Attached is a sample source file together with output from the Adobe PDF driver and from PDFMaker.

The issue may be triggered by the insertion format of the image: the workaround is copy it out to an image editor then paste back as DIB.

Note that this is definitely a regression from the XI PDFMaker which performed fine on the same files only a couple of months ago.

PS Why on earth does PDFMaker not use the same…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We’ve fixed this issue in our latest update. You could manually update Acrobat/Reader, if your product is not auto updated.
    Help Menu > Check for updates.

Best Regards!

9. OS: 10.13.1 & Acrobat Pro DC 17.12.20098.240878

When building a form for a client, I use the "Add An Image Field". This field stopped working properly after I updated OS and to CC 2018. Now when the client tries to add a photo, everything works as expected through the photo upload process, but the photo will not display in the photo's form field after they click the "OK" button after browsing for and uploading the photo.

The options for the button are "Label only", "Invert", State: Up. These are the default settings for the Image field.

I was able to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We have identified a possible bug with both Acrobat and Acrobat Pro when interacting with mapped network drives.

Our organization has multiple network drives that are mapped by group policy. Two are name "Shared" and "Shared2" and mapped to S: and T: respectively.

After opening a drive located on Shared2 (path "T:\Folder\File.pdf") and closing Acrobat, attempting to open the file from Recent file list gives a "File Not Available" error. When this occurs, the location is listed as "S:\2\Folder\File.pdf". It appears there is a substitution being made in the path because "Shared" is in both locations. This occurs every time…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since updating to High Sierra, I have been unable to adjust the color opacity when filling in color for text/form boxes. The "Colors" box used to have something at the bottom for adjusting the opacity, and, since the opacity is turned all the way up by default, I have no way of actually filling in these boxes with color.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have been preparing forms and creating text boxes, check boxes etc for some time now.
    Recently, I am unsure if was a recent update or because I have updated to highSierra on my mac, there is no longer a 'transparent' option available.
    More details available on the community forums:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2388443

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader.

If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousoctober2018.html#dccontinuousoctobertwentyeighteen.

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks!
    -Bhavna

13. Bug Report - Can't scroll to next page while in "Fill & Sign"

It seems like the only way to move to the next page while using "Fill & Sign" is by clicking on the next page arrow at the bottom. This is too cumbersome, especially when you need move between pages to review the information while you are signing or adding initials to every page. It's MUCH easier to just scroll down, please change this so you are able to just scroll.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

14. It will be very useful to have a cut/copy and paste option for moving pages within a pdf file. Currently, you can only drag pages around and this can be a little bit messy especially if working on a large file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Export PDF from InDesign CC 2017 containing email addresses, hyperlinks included.
    2. MacOS X 10.12, InDesign CC 2017, Acrobat DC 2017.
    3. Normally invokes Mail when mailto links are clicked.
    4. Now mailto links display correct popup but do not action when clicked, cursor changes to text insert bar when hovering over mailto link.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When setting alternate text for figures, the image highlighting area is incorrect and the image is distorted making it difficult to see the image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If you already have an object selected and need to add to that selection the common universal procedure is to hold down the shift key on the keyboard while clicking the object you want to add to the already made selection. It works fine unless you have the "Output Preview" window open. In that case instead of adding to a selection it creates a new sticky note. You used a universal keyboard/mouse combo for "adding to a selection" to instead create a new sticky note but only when "Output Preview" is open. This needs to be changed to a different…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  Priyanka responded

Hi All,

With the latest update of Acrobat on 13th Feb, this issue has been addressed. Make sure you are on the latest update by visiting Help > Check for updates (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2018.html#dccontinuousfebruarytwentyeighteen/ ).

We have added a preference "Use Shift + Click for Multiple Selection with Output Preview " to enable multiple objects selection when the output preview dialog is open. To select multiple objects, use Shift + Click. To add a sticky note containing the color values, use Alt + Click (on Windows) or Option + Click (on Mac).

For more details, refer https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/previewing-output-acrobat-pro.html .

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Regards,
    Priyanka Jain

17. when adding another file it goes to the end . In older versions of Acrobat Pro you could sort & re-arrange Portfolio files
    tried that workaround where you create a new column in view /portfolio details & edit the values to get the files in the proper order sequence .. bit that is a bit of a kludge & really doesn`t affect the printing order of individual Portfolio files or default view when opening

version 2017.011.30065 Win 7 32 bit & win 10 64 bit

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I and several of my coworkers are having Adobe Acrobat DC hang on us while saving files. It can be while just normal save (Command-C) or when doing a Save As.... Apparently the file gets fully saved, because when we reopen Acrobat after a force quit, and say No to recover, the file seems fine. But Acrobat will hang or freeze, the progress bar stays up, and eventually the OS says Acrobat is unresponsive. We need to force quit it to get back to restart Acrobat. Trashing preferences or changing where we save the file (resident drive or server) makes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After updating Acrobat XI Pro to 11.0.21, a form that previously worked now crashes when undertaking different actions. The same form works in Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.20, and the latest version of Acrobat DC Pro (as at 08/18/2017. The crashes occur when selecting an item from a drop-down list [the crash occurs at a point in the script where a rawValue is extracted from a checkbox, i.e. Page.SubForm.Checkbox.rawValue; however, even creating a variable referencing the Page, i.e. var page1 = Page; appears to create the error.] It also crashes when closing a page, event.target.closeDoc(true).

Event log and crash dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9fh00zbkpil2sr/Adobe%20XI%2011.0.21%20Crash.zip?dl=0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  Amboo Srivastava responded

This has been fixed. Please update to latest version and see if this works for you now.

Thanks,
    -Amboo

• Don't see your idea?