Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

111 results found

1. When we open certain PDF documents and go to organise pages we cannot delete page 1. (This affects other functions that try to delete pages too). Please contact me if more files are needed.

The error is "One or more pages are in use and cannot be deleted".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Hi,
    We have fixed the issue. Kindly update to the latest version of Acrobat.
    Thank you for your patience.

2. Tabbed View by default isn't suitable as documents are often compared visually & make better use of multiple screen space. However Turning Off Tabbed view now breaks (hides) 3rd Party Plugin tools (namely Enfocus Pitstop Pro).
    Because a restart is required to re-enable Tabbed viewing, that causes loss of changes, or having to save/discard multiple changes potentially on multiple documents.
    & Because I'm here.... NOT A SINGLE Feature added to Acrobat DC has been an improvement.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to be able to insert a document into my PDF portfolios without having to place it at the end.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customer can place an image in an image field but cannot delete if wrong image was chosen. Please add 'remove added image' or enable to create ability for image field to add an action so customer can delete the wrong image. I am getting complaints from customers! Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This may be a bug. I use InDesign to create an very important annual booklet. I export it to PDF and then break it apart and convert to WORD so that I can send individual sections to contributors so they can make edits for new year's book. In April, I had no problems and I have done this for 8 years now. See attached. We received an update and now, as of July, when I convert the same document, the formatting is all messed up. For me to get a good version to my contributors it would take me hours…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  amukherj responded

With the release of Acrobat on 2nd Oct, 2018, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product. Click on the menu Help→ Check for updates.

6. I am just requesting to make Adobe Acrobat Pro accessible for Autodesk AutoCAD 2018

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There are several issues with the "Review recognized text" feature. It fails to update the ocr text when a correction is made. It replaces the selected visible characters with nonsense ones.
    After pressing the "close" button all of the recognized text becomes invisible.
    To see this problem open the attached file and open the "correct recognized text" feature. Select "Review recognized text" and double-click on the word "TRAINMASTER" in the upper left of the page. It will not allow you to manually correct this.

I'm using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise and Acrobat Pro DC version 15.17.20050.61080

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the release of Acrobat on 2nd Oct, 2018, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product. Click on the menu Help→ Check for updates.

8. In our Industry all fill and sign portions of a form are required to be completed in Blue, therefore, the fill and sign portion should have the availability to change font colors.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a setting in Preferences that defaults to:
    View | Show | Navigation Panes | Page Thumbnails
    so that thumbnails ALWAYS appear in the navigation pane and are never hidden unless done manually.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already support this with the “Pinning of navigation pane” feature. i.e. to open any Navigation Pane by default for all the documents in the LHP.
    This is how you can try this out:

1) Launch any PDF and Expand the Panel that you want the acrobat to open by default for every document(For Ex. Page Thumbnails)
    2) Right click on the LHP Navigation strip , Select the option from the context menu “Pin Page thumbnails” .
    3) now try out by launching any other pdf → You will observe that the Page thumbnails panel would appear expanded by default on launch (If document does not have any other document specific preference )

This Feature is applicable to DC and Classic 2017 track (not available in Classic 2015)

Thanks

10. um, go back to something I have been able to do with pDFs since day 1

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If I use the shortcut "Shift + Control + T" for the "Set Pages Boxes" the "Insert Pages" window shows up instead of the "Set Pages Boxes".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since we made changes as per the bug logged, we ‘Implemented’ it. ‘Resolved’ status is for resolving issues with workarounds, information etc.

12. A Prereference in Acrobat should be there which loads the last session of opened tabs/pdfs on relaunching. Also could provide options to save/load previous sessions.
    This may be Important to the users who work on several pdfs at a time but wish to retain the opened docs in the next Acrobat session.
    Also Session could be managed to retain even after machine restart and then launching acrobat.

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are delighted to share with you that Acrobat and Reader Desktop release for DC Continuous (2019.012.20036) is Live now and this Takes care of the Feature Request to Restore Previous Session by Default on Next Acrobat/Reader Launch.

More Info Here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html#PreferencetoreopenPDFsfromthelastAcrobatsession

Please update your Acrobat (It should Auto update or you should do Help → Check for updates) and let us know your Feedback.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

13. For the new MacBook, touch bar is used. I just want to use Acrobat DC Pro with better comparability.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My company uses Google Drive for file sharing as many other companies do. Google Drive is currently not listed as an option for connected cloud storage but needs to be.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  Atul Puri responded

We released an update to Acrobat DC today with support for Google Drive. Click Help → Check for updates to get the latest update.

15. I use the loupe tool very frequently, and I would like to have the software remember the size/location/magnification of the last usage for the loupe window, even after completely exiting the program and starting a new session. It is irritating to be forced to resize and relocate this window every time I wish to use the loupe tool (the magnification does persist).
    If I keep at least one PDF file open, then the size/location of the window is remembered. However, once I close Acrobat Pro DC completely, the loupe window reverts to its default size/location.
    (Although I cannot prove it,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We released an update for Adobe Acrobat DC that fixes this concern. This update will be automatically applied to all Acrobat and Reader users in the coming days. You may also update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    You can also drop an Email to me at ajain@adobe.com to let me know further in this. Thanks.

-Ayush Jain

16. When I get a PDF back from a proofreader, I have to review hundreds of comments. The only way to add a checkmark to a comment is by using the mouse. This gets very tedious. Please add a shortcut that adds a checkmark to a selected comment.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  39 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The standard setting for a bookmark is Fit Width. The ability to change that to Inherit Zoom or other setting is necessary as the Courts require bookmarked documents with Inherit Zoom setting. It takes 8 clicks per bookmark to change this. There is no way to select all bookmarks and change them all at once or make a permanent setting. I submit Administrative Records with hundreds, sometimes thousands of bookmarks and each one of those has to be individually clicked on and changed - x 8 clicks. Very tedious and time consuming.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are delighted to share with you that Acrobat and Reader Desktop release for DC Continuous (20.012.20041) is Live now and this takes care of this Feature Request

For more Info refer here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

The Set Default Bookmark Zoom Level menu item is now added to the PDF bookmark options. While creating a new bookmark, you can easily use this option to set the default zoom level. By default, the Inherit Zoom option is selected.

Also, Acrobat now provides an option in the bookmark properties to retain the destination page number when you adjust the zoom level of multiple bookmarks.

Please update your Acrobat (It should Auto update or you should do Help → Check for updates) and let us know your Feedback.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

18. As has been reported here and elsewhere repeatedly, installing updates to Adobe Pro corrupts a registry key. Every time an Adobe Acrobat update is applied, the DDE connection from applications to the Acrobat server is broken. The patch installation erroneously changes the following entry to "AcroViewA10".

[HKEYCLASSESROOT\acrobat\shell\open\ddeexec\application]
    @="AcroViewA11"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A preset setting to paste copied elements in place would a valuable improvement.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  16 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We often need to split a document into a single file per page. We almost NEVER split a document by every two pages.

Having to edit this number each time is redundant. I would like the option to either edit the default "split by" setting (and additionally the output settings) or alternatively have the default be 1 page.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?